|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Alcoran or the Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what book of the Old Testament did Joseph Smith quote when he heard that Mr. Anthon said he could not read a sealed book?
2. Crowds willingly sat for hours in all sorts of weather listening to the Prophet discourse on the things of _________.
3. Despite claims by the author, the only evidence to suggest that Joseph lusted for women is statements given by whom?
(a) Members of the mob.
(d) There are no statements.
4. Who was the judge that tried to forge a settlement between the Mormons and Jackson County residents?
(a) Judge Ryan.
(b) Judge Raisan.
(c) Judge Reed.
(d) Judge Ryland.
5. What type of writing was on the plates?
(c) Ancient English.
(d) Reformed Egyptian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Smith had two titles, Prophet and what?
2. The author assumes that Joseph Smith taught and participated in things that were ______.
3. What was Professor Charles Anthon a specialist in?
4. What weather event occurred to prevent the mob from killing Joseph and the men from Ohio as they prepared to enter Missouri to help the other members of the church?
5. How many men did Joseph take from Ohio to help the Missouri Branch?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)