Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Obi's response when Clara goes off with the doctor?
2. What are Obi's early responses to the death of his mother?
3. Which girl does Christopher consider marrying except for the fact that she is going away to study?
4. What character traits does Christopher display in the incident when he and Obi discuss the possibility of Clara's pregnancy?
5. How bad is the situation when Obi's insurance bill actually arrives?
Essay Topic 1
To what extent does Obi's "coming of age" experience reflect the dilemma of the young generation trapped between traditional and modern cultures?
Essay Topic 2
Giving specific examples, discuss the evidence that the author presents in the novel to illustrate the impact of Obi's British education on his way of life and his analysis of issues.
Essay Topic 3
An outstanding feature of this story is the author's ability to illustrate the importance of stories, songs, and dreams in the lives of traditional Nigerians. Provide detailed references to stories songs and dreams in the novel, and use them to demonstrate the validity of this assertion.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)