Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Obi's response when Clara goes off with the doctor?
2. What are Obi's early responses to the death of his mother?
3. Which girl does Christopher consider marrying except for the fact that she is going away to study?
4. What character traits does Christopher display in the incident when he and Obi discuss the possibility of Clara's pregnancy?
5. How bad is the situation when Obi's insurance bill actually arrives?
Essay Topic 1
Giving specific examples, discuss the author's use of literary, biblical and historical allusions in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the Umuofian Progressive Union in the preparation of young Africans for future roles in their society? How does the UPU contribute to the downfall of the very same young people it sets out to prepare for productive roles?
Essay Topic 3
How does the story of Obi suggest that his father erred in his decision to give him a name meaning, "the mind at last is at rest?"
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)