|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara say about their engagement the night before Obi goes home on leave?
2. What news from home necessitates Obi taking leave to visit his village?
3. How does the author make it clear that Obi's financial situation is deteriorating after Obi resists Mr. Mark's offer of a bribe?
4. What is the first report of Obi's involvement in bribery?
5. On what assumption does Mr. Green find it necessary to warn Obi about paying his car insurance?
Essay Topic 1
An outstanding feature of this story is the author's ability to illustrate the importance of stories, songs, and dreams in the lives of traditional Nigerians. Provide detailed references to stories songs and dreams in the novel, and use them to demonstrate the validity of this assertion.
Essay Topic 2
What are the major techniques used by Achebe to create an authentic Nigerian setting for the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of corruption introduced and developed in the novel?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)