Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend does Christopher say will help Obi and Clara to find a doctor?
2. When Obi goes to visit Clara in hospital, what comments by the doctor foreshadow what will happen between Clara and Obi?
3. What does Obi turn to for solace when at home in his distress after refusing dinner?
4. For what kind of leave does Obi apply when he has to go home to deal with the news he receives?
5. What is Obi's financial situation like as he is on his way home?
An important aspect of the novel's impact lies in the ability of the author to portray character effectively. Justifying your answer with reference to specific examples, discuss the methods used by the author to portray two major and two minor characters in the story.
Giving specific examples, discuss the evidence that the author presents in the novel to illustrate the impact of Obi's British education on his way of life and his analysis of issues.
Write a character sketch of Clara and outline the role of her relationship with Obi in his downfall.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)