Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Obi's response when Clara goes off with the doctor?
2. What are Obi's early responses to the death of his mother?
3. Which girl does Christopher consider marrying except for the fact that she is going away to study?
4. What character traits does Christopher display in the incident when he and Obi discuss the possibility of Clara's pregnancy?
5. How bad is the situation when Obi's insurance bill actually arrives?
To what extent does Obi's "coming of age" experience reflect the dilemma of the young generation trapped between traditional and modern cultures?
An important aspect of the novel's impact lies in the ability of the author to portray character effectively. Justifying your answer with reference to specific examples, discuss the methods used by the author to portray two major and two minor characters in the story.
Referring to Obi's relationship with Christopher, Clara and his parents, discuss the role of conflict in the novel.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)