|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Obi explain his physical appearance when Miss Tomlinson says he looks run down?
2. Which friend does Christopher say will help Obi and Clara to find a doctor?
3. What steps does Obi try to implement at home in order to curtail his expenses?
4. Where does Obi try to get money from to pay back Clara's loan?
5. Where do Clara and Obi go with Christopher and his new girlfriend, Bisi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Christopher's reaction When Obi tells Christopher about Elsie Mark's visit ho his home and his decision to turn her down?
2. As Obi and Marie Tomlinson become more cordial to each other, how does the author use these two characters to vary the portrayal of Mr. Green?
3. What event illustrates the seriousness with which those who want scholarships After Mr. Mark's visit to Obi's office treat applications?
4. When Obi reaches home, how does the author use descriptions of the rooms of Obi's parents to portray their characters?
5. As Obi is caught with evidence of having accepted a bribe, how does the author indicate that outsiders have no idea how to account for what has happened to Obi?
6. What mixed reactions does Obi display in response to his mother's death?
7. When Obi visits home, how does the issue of Clara being osu affect Obi's discussions with his father?
8. What changes about Obi's thoughts when Obi approaches Mr. Omo about a salary advance and learns that his financial situation is even worse than he imagines?
9. How does the second doctor that Clara and Obi visit differ from the first?
10. As Obi returns to office while Clara is hospitalized, how do the issues discussed at work contrast with the serious problems facing Obi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Giving specific examples, discuss the evidence that the author presents in the novel to illustrate the impact of Obi's British education on his way of life and his analysis of issues.
Essay Topic 2
Referring to Obi's relationship with Christopher, Clara and his parents, discuss the role of conflict in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Giving specific examples from the text, discuss the dominant aspects of post-colonial literature that are evident in "Things Fall Apart."
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)