|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Obi arrives home, what descriptions does the author give of his parents' rooms?
(a) Both are in a disheveled condition.
(b) Isaac's room has been cleared for Hannah to get more space.
(c) Both rooms are exactly as Obi remembers them from childhood.
(d) Isaac's room is filled with printed materials, while Hannah's is full of mundane things.
2. Which girl does Christopher consider marrying except for the fact that she is going away to study?
3. For what kind of leave does Obi apply when he has to go home to deal with the news he receives?
(a) Special leave.
(b) Local leave.
(c) Departmental leave.
(d) Personal leave.
4. How does Obi eventually feel about his mother's death?
(a) He cannot recall his mother and feels only anger.
(b) He feels peace as his mother's memory fades.
(c) He is angry about losing Clara for nothing.
(d) He feels lonely and disappointed bu also relieved.
5. What does the incident with Clara's abortion reveal about this aspect of life in Lagos?
(a) Abortions are safe but expensive.
(b) Abortions are inexpensive but dangerous.
(c) Everyone looks down on a girl who has an abortion.
(d) Abortions are illegal and expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How bad is the situation when Obi's insurance bill actually arrives?
2. According to Mr. Green, what characteristic of Nigerians would prevent the country from being able to manage independence?
3. How does the second doctor that Clara and Obi visit differ from the first?
4. What feelings does Obi have when he sees his mother?
5. What does the parcel that arrives from the general hospital while Obi is at work contain?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)