|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Obi and Clara go out for drinks with Minister of State, Okoli, what does the Minister drink?
(b) Whiskey and soda.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Rum and Coke.
2. Although Clara is businesslike when she visits Obi's cabin, what gives him hope that she is interested?
(a) She says she is not seeing anyone.
(b) She says he is handsome.
(c) She says in Ibo that they belong together.
(d) She tells him she likes him a little.
3. Why is the courtroom packed with spectators at Obi Okonkwo's trial?
(a) Because he has such a prominent position in the civil service.
(b) Because of Obi's prominence as a young scholar educated at the expense of many poor Africans.
(c) Because he has taken so many bribes.
(d) Because he is a member of prominent political party.
4. What does Obi do while awaiting the results of his interview?
(a) He goes back to Obiajulu for a short visit.
(b) He goes to Clara's village for a short visit with her parents.
(c) He goes home to Umuofia for a short visit.
(d) He goes to the Cameroon village for a short visit.
5. Why does the UPU want Obi to study law in England?
(a) To help them with land cases.
(b) To help members with inheritance cases.
(c) To help them to defend those charged with bribery.
(d) To groom him for future political leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joseph Okeke take Obi after the reception?
2. What shocks Joseph about Obi while they are at the restaurant?
3. How does Joseph respond upon hearing that Obi has purchased a ring for Clara?
4. How does Obi try to help with the family's situation?
5. Why do Christopher and Obi eat with their fingers while at Obi's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Obi encounter that reminds him about the prevalence of bribery when going home for a short visit while waiting for the result of his interview?
2. What views about the "bride-price" do Obi and Joseph discuss after speaking about Obi's job interview?
3. What theory has he developed about ending corruption in Nigeria Before Obi begins to work? How has it evolved and why is it ironic?
4. What sights does Obi observe and how does he respond When Obi returns to Lagos from England and visits a Lagos slum?
5. How is Joseph proven wrong about his assumption that the owner of the Palm Grove is a Syrian?
6. What immediate effect does Obi's new job have on his financial status and on Clara?
7. What event foreshadows Obi's experiences with bribery when the boat bringing Clara and Obi back from England docks at Lagos?
8. What complaints does Obi make about an encounter with the police after buying the ring and returning home to Joseph?
9. What internal conflict does Obi experience while he is on his first visit with his father at home?
10. What story does Joseph recall about Obi's school days while he and Obi are at dinner at the Pine Grove?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)