|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Obi warned about at his farewell prayer meeting?
(a) He is to "learn book," fear the Lord and not fall into the temptations of other young Africans.
(b) He is to study hard and go often to church.
(c) He is to study hard and not chase white women.
(d) He is to go to church and stay out of trouble.
2. What steps does Obi try to implement at home in order to curtail his expenses?
(a) He plans to save on electricity and telephone cost.
(b) he plans to save on electricity and entertainment.
(c) He tries to save by cutting back on meat purchases and reducing use of electricity.
(d) He plans to save on electricity and water.
3. What causes Obi to storm out of the December UPU meeting in anger, intending not to return?
(a) The revelation that Obi has already been living above his means.
(b) The comments of the elders about Obi's arrogance.
(c) The President's reference to rumors about Obi's plans to marry a girl of "doubtful ancestry."
(d) The President's refusal to approve Obi's request for a grace period.
4. What does the author reveal about a special aspect of Nigerian culture, when the two couples go out on a date?
(a) There are three ways of dressing to go dancing: European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
(b) There are three sections of the club: European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
(c) There are three ways of dancing the "High-life": European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
(d) There are three types of drinks at the bar: European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
5. What complaint does Obi make to Joseph about treatment he receives from the police when he goes out driving with Clara?
(a) He hassles them on Victoria Beach Road, questioning the source of Obi's car.
(b) He leers at Clara while they are walking on Victoria Beach Road.
(c) He hassles them on Victoria Beach Road questioning how Obi can afford a driver.
(d) He hassles them when they park on Victoria Beach Road thinking Clara is the wife of someone else. someone's else's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the parcel that arrives from the general hospital while Obi is at work contain?
2. How is it made clear that the matter is not over after Obi resists Mr. Mark's offer of a bribe?
3. Where does Obi first articulate his theory about corruption in Nigeria?
4. How does Joseph interpret Obi's insistence on ignoring tradition and marrying Clara?
5. How does Marie Tomlinson respond when she sees Obi's distress about his financial situation?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)