|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the relationship between Obi and Marie Tomlinson develop after she witnesses Obi's distress about his finances?
(a) They have become distant and speak only about work.
(b) Obi and Marie Tomlinson are on a first-name basis and speak frankly about many things, including Mr. Green.
(c) They have not recovered from the heated argument about Obi's unpaid debt.
(d) They have become intimate and share many activities.
2. What does the encounter with bribery on the way home cause Obi to think about the situation?
(a) Obi concludes that bribery is an Augean stable that only foreigners can cean up.
(b) Obi wonders where to begin cleaning the Augean stable and thinks a dictator is necessary.
(c) Obi concludes that bribery is an Augean stable that requires educated people to clean it up.
(d) Obi concludes Lagos is an Augean stable and vows to clean it up.
3. Why is Clara upset with Obi when she hears about him contemplating a bank overdraft?
(a) Because he did not ask her for money.
(b) Because he refuses the money offered by her parents.
(c) Because he will not use money he set aside for the bride payment.
(d) Because he refuses to return the engagement ring and get back the money.
4. Why does the UPU want Obi to study law in England?
(a) To help them to defend those charged with bribery.
(b) To help members with inheritance cases.
(c) To help them with land cases.
(d) To groom him for future political leadership.
5. According to the stories shared by Obi and Joseph, to which international leader did Obi write a letter while in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend does Christopher say will help Obi and Clara to find a doctor?
2. What does the parcel that arrives from the general hospital while Obi is at work contain?
3. How does Obi try to help with the family's situation?
4. What descriptive passage communicates the setting and culture in the Onitsha market?
5. What is Christopher's response to hearing that Obi turned down advances from Elsie Mark?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)