|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Obi tell Christopher a story about a catechist twenty years before who was in such a hurry to marry that she cut her education short and was bitter?
(a) To demonstrate the troubles men encounter because of women.
(b) To warn Christopher about the dangers of having more than one woman.
(c) To prevent Christopher from causing a woman to be bitter about being prevented from completing her studies.
(d) To encourage Christopher to consider becoming a Christian.
2. How is Obi subtly reminded of his debt to the UPU at the reception?
(a) The Chairman ays that the sooner Obi gets work, the sooner he can meet his obligations.
(b) The Chairman bluntlyreminds Obi that in order for others to get the chance he received, he must be responsible about his debt.
(c) The secretary speaks of the honor Obi has brought them and refers to the obligation to pay back the investment.
(d) The Chairman asks Obi if he has made a budget and a schedule for repaying his loan.
3. How does the second doctor that Clara and Obi visit differ from the first?
(a) The second doctor gives no advice but warns that abortions are illegal.
(b) The second doctor is more understanding because he is young.
(c) The second doctor is less caring, more business like, and more interested in money.
(d) The second doctor makes light of the situation and just tells them the cost.
4. On what assumption does Mr. Green find it necessary to warn Obi about paying his car insurance?
(a) He believes Obi will do a back door deal if Mr. Green does not watch carefully.
(b) The educated rarely think about tomorrow.
(c) He knows Obi is careless with details.
(d) He believes Obi is irresponsible.
5. As the celebration continues, how does the author use an argument about kola nuts to reveal the clash between Christian beliefs and folklore?
(a) Isaac objects when the elders want to sprinkle kola nut oil in the house.
(b) Isaac refuses to partake in the breaking of Kola nuts on Ibo's head.
(c) Ibo refuses to partake in the superstitious practices involving kola nuts.
(d) Isaac declares that although kola nuts are eaten in his Christian house, they are not sacrificed to idols.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joseph respond upon hearing that Obi has purchased a ring for Clara?
2. Where has Clara been living since returning to Nigeria?
3. To which literary character does Obi compare Mr. Green?
4. What reason does Clara give for going to Obi's cabin?
5. How does Obi feel after he resists the temptation to accept Mr. Mark's bribe?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)