|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Obi and Joseph plan to make a special entrance that will show off Obi's new car at the December meeting of the UPU?
(a) He arranges for them to arrive late.
(b) He arranges for the welcoming committee to meet them in the parking lot.
(c) He arranges for them to park in a special spot where everyone will see their arrival.
(d) He arranges for the car to be decorated in a special way.
2. What early indication does Obi see how "Dear old Nigeria really works" as the boat docks in Lagos?
(a) A young man winks at Obi's radiogram and offers to withhold the customs receipt.
(b) A young man offers to reduce the customs duty on his radiogram if Obi will sell it to him cheaply.
(c) A young man offers to waive Obi's customs duty for an introducton to Clara.
(d) A young man comes to Obi's cabin, assesses his radiogram at £5, and reduces it to £2 in exchange for no receipt.
3. Why does Obi insist on moving in to stay with Joseph?
(a) To avoid traveling the long distance to Umuofia.
(b) To save money from paying a hotel bill.
(c) To avoid sleeping in a bad hotel paid for by the UPU.
(d) To avoid sleeping at his relative's house in the slum.
4. What feelings does Obi have when he sees his mother?
(a) He is full of grief over her emaciated condition.
(b) He is frightened to see how much weight she has lost.
(c) He is encouraged to see her improvement.
(d) He is relieved that she is not as bad as he feared.
5. How bad is the situation when Obi's insurance bill actually arrives?
(a) The insurance costs £42 and Obi has £13 in the bank.
(b) The insurance costs £60 and Obi has £15 in the bank.
(c) The insurance has to be paid much sooner than Obi expected.
(d) The insurance costs twice what Obi expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joseph respond upon hearing that Obi has purchased a ring for Clara?
2. To which literary character does Obi compare Mr. Green?
3. Where does Obi take Clara to celebrate his new car?
4. What is Obi's response when he and Clara go walking and she suddenly announces they cannot marry?
5. What is Christopher's view about bribery?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)