|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one leader respond when Obi asks the UPU leaders to give him a four-month grace period before he has to start paying off his loan?
(a) The President warns that bright young people need to learn to manage their financial affairs.
(b) The President warns that other returning scholars have found themselves in trouble.
(c) The President warns that Obi should not do anything to bring the UPU into disrepute.
(d) The President warns that Lagos' sweetness causes the downfall of many young people.
2. Where does Obi take Clara to celebrate his new car?
(a) They go to the beach.
(b) They go to Okala for a special dinner.
(c) They go dancing at Okoro.
(d) They go to Ikeja for a special dinner.
3. What surprises Obi and Joseph about the restaurant?
(a) It is almost empty on a Saturday evening.
(b) It does not sell any African food.
(c) It is owned by an old Englishwoman.
(d) It is completely European in style and food.
4. What is special about Obi's arrival in Onitsha, a few miles from his village?
(a) His father hires a bus to take all the relatives to meet him.
(b) Village elders send a pleasure car to meet him on this special occasion.
(c) Everyone stays home from school and work to meet Obi.
(d) Obi's visit causes a few stares but most people go about their normal business.
5. What does the author reveal about a special aspect of Nigerian culture, when the two couples go out on a date?
(a) There are three types of drinks at the bar: European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
(b) There are three ways of dancing the "High-life": European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
(c) There are three sections of the club: European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
(d) There are three ways of dressing to go dancing: European, Intimate and Ecstatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which university has Christopher received his degree?
2. Despite coming to like Christopher, what does Clara fear about him?
3. What expensive gadget owned by Okoli does Obi admire?
4. How do the older kinsmen respond after hearing Obi's stories about being at sea?
5. As the celebration continues, how does the author use an argument about kola nuts to reveal the clash between Christian beliefs and folklore?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)