|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps to cement a friendship between MacMillan and Obi?
(a) They talk about Obi's attraction to Clara.
(b) They reminisce about old days in Lagos.
(c) They reminisce about times in England.
(d) Both laugh about slipping on deck.
2. What is Obi's full name?
(a) Obilo Isaac.
(d) Obiolo St. Christopher.
3. How does Obi know Joseph Okeke whom he visits in Lagos before leaving for England?
(a) He is Clara's brother.
(b) From the Lagos slum where they went to school together.
(c) He is Obi's former classmate.
(d) From Umuofia University.
4. Why is Obi's description of the streets and market in the Lagos slum ironic?
(a) It is nothing like his life in England.
(b) It is a far cry from the sweet Nigeria about which he writes a nostalgic poem in England.
(c) It has not changed in all the years Obi has been away.
(d) It is the same life to which Obi must return after being educated.
5. Where does Joseph Okeke take Obi after the reception?
(a) The Sand Castle restaurant.
(b) The Tennis Club restaurant.
(c) The Palm Grove restaurant.
(d) The Port Royal restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Obi subtly reminded of his debt to the UPU at the reception?
2. According to the stories shared by Obi and Joseph, to which international leader did Obi write a letter while in school?
3. What moves Obi even though he has little religion left while on the boat looking out to sea?
4. According to the Vice-President, who "eats" most bribes in Nigeria?
5. With whom does Obi have breakfast on the first morning on the boat?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)