|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What negative comments does Mr. Green make about Africans after his tennis match on the morning of the trial?
(a) They are all physically and mentally backward.
(b) Africans are corrupt, sapped mentally and physically, and given a Western education that they do not know how to use.
(c) That Africans are too corrupt to benefit from European education.
(d) They cannot help themselves because they are born inferior.
2. Why does the Umuofia Progressive Union meet again to discuss Obi's case on the morning of the trial?
(a) Obi is indebted to the UPU because of their funding of his education.
(b) Obi is a prominent member of the UPU.
(c) Obi owes the UPU a lot of money for loans taken while he is studying.
(d) The UPU is co-defendant in the case.
3. What does Obi find amazing about Clara's taste in films?
(a) How she hates British movies.
(b) How she delights in on-screen killing.
(c) How she gets caught up in every lover's quarrel.
(d) How she cries at sad movies but loves to see them.
4. What is Obi warned about at his farewell prayer meeting?
(a) He is to study hard and go often to church.
(b) He is to "learn book," fear the Lord and not fall into the temptations of other young Africans.
(c) He is to study hard and not chase white women.
(d) He is to go to church and stay out of trouble.
5. How does Obi know Joseph Okeke whom he visits in Lagos before leaving for England?
(a) He is Clara's brother.
(b) From Umuofia University.
(c) From the Lagos slum where they went to school together.
(d) He is Obi's former classmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two people arrive as Obi and Joseph sit in the lounge at the restaurant in Chapter 4?
2. From which university has Christopher received his degree?
3. What is the stance of the organization's leaders toward his involvement in bribery in the UPU's discussions about Obi's case?
4. What reason does Clara give for going to Obi's cabin?
5. What is Obi told about the many dead dogs in the street when he visits the slum in Lagos?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)