|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does his father share when Obi announces he will leave early to return to Lagos?
(a) He tells the story of a boy who marries an outcast and never finds happiness.
(b) How he was taken by missionaries and his father put a curse on him.
(c) He tells the story of a boy who dies after hurting his family and running away.
(d) He tells the story of a woman who dies of heartbreak after her son marries an outcast.
2. On what assumption does Mr. Green find it necessary to warn Obi about paying his car insurance?
(a) He believes Obi is irresponsible.
(b) He believes Obi will do a back door deal if Mr. Green does not watch carefully.
(c) The educated rarely think about tomorrow.
(d) He knows Obi is careless with details.
3. What does Obi find amazing about Clara's taste in films?
(a) How she gets caught up in every lover's quarrel.
(b) How she delights in on-screen killing.
(c) How she hates British movies.
(d) How she cries at sad movies but loves to see them.
4. Who is the judge at the trial of Obi Okonkwo as the novel opens?
(a) Sam Okoli.
(b) Justice William Galloway.
(c) Isaac Galloway.
(d) Christopher Josephs.
5. How does Obi view the luxurious residential area originally meant for Europeans but later occupied by the trickle of Africans who get European posts?
(a) He thinks it will be good to live there when he gets his "European post."
(b) He wants Clara to be happy when they marry and go there to live.
(c) He thinks it is necessary to live there to show that he has accomplished something.
(d) It makes Obi think of the twin kernels in palm-nuts: one shiny, black, and alive, and the other powdery, white, and dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Lagos does Joseph live?
2. What is Christopher's reaction when Obi shares with him the outcomes of his talks with his parents about marrying Clara?
3. What is Obi warned about at his farewell prayer meeting?
4. What offensive question does the commissioner who has been sleeping in the interview ask Obi when he wakes up?
5. What old nickname of Obi's is revealed while Obi and Joseph are recalling old times?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)