* At the High Court of Lagos and the Southern Cameroons, Justice William Galloway is about to sentence Obi Okonkwo.
* Obi feels tears in his eyes as the judge lectures him about having fallen so far in spite of his education and his promise.
* At the club bar, Mr. Green declares all Africans corrupt and unable to use Western education.
* The Umuofia Progressive Union (Lagos Branch) meets to discuss opposing views about Obi's lost case.
* The UPU members want to keep Obi out of prison over a £20 bribe even though they think him foolish, strong-willed, and too inexperienced to know that he should not have taken the bribes personally, but through his houseboy.
* In a flashback to nearly five years earlier, Obi, an obvious choice, receives the UPU's first scholarship to study in England.
* Before his departure to Lagos, Obi's parents call a prayer meeting at their...
This section contains 3,141 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)