|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ are made in factories, brands are what consumers buy, according to companies today.
(d) Junk products.
2. Culture ____________ is a process in which billboard ads are altered or destroyed in order to convey a different message.
3. The shutdown of U.S. ___________ has continued over the years, causing towns to lose their economy and their tax base.
(b) Shipping stores.
4. ____________ now focus on the horrible practices of corporations in third world countries.
5. Those against corporations have been joined by those who are fighting for the ___________ as many of the issues are the same.
(a) Big box stores.
(c) Temporary staffing agencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. America seems to be moving into an _____________ relative to employment within the borders of the states.
2. Freelancing, according to Klein, requires _________, motivation, and strong internal work ethic in order to be profitable.
3. Contracted ________ work is becoming the norm for many companies, according to the findings of Klein.
4. In ___________ countries, the factories are blocked off from view in order to prevent a clear view of capitalism.
5. Which costs need to be reduced as a result of needing to be more focused on the brand than the product?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the National Labor Committee begin to expose the atrocities taking place in factories around the world?
2. Why weren't women able to feed their children milk as they were growing up in the sweatshop conditions?
3. How does the health care industry begin to incorporate the idea of impermanent workers?
4. What might an American manager of a foreign factory be able to enjoy in this factory zone?
5. Who were some of the companies which were exposed for their third world atrocities by investigative reporters?
6. Which three companies were the subject of attacks from activist groups in the 1990s, getting a lot of publicity for their poor business practices?
7. Why are the factories themselves walled off from the rest of the world and the general population of the area?
8. What are the benefits for companies like Nike to use factory zone areas in foreign countries for their production?
9. What are some of the results of the mass shutdowns of American factories and production lines?
10. What were some of the activities that the RTF group would do in order to reclaim public space?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)