|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ___________ countries, the factories are blocked off from view in order to prevent a clear view of capitalism.
2. __________ is one company which decided to disassociate itself from genetically modified foods after a series of protests.
3. America seems to be moving into an _____________ relative to employment within the borders of the states.
4. ____________ now focus on the horrible practices of corporations in third world countries.
5. ____________ is also beginning to treat multinational corporations as major players in the denial of human rights worldwide.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) Amnesty International.
6. In August of 1995, a sweatshop was raided in ___________, one which held 72 Thai garment workers in bonded slavery.
7. Whose images began to educate people about the terrors which were being found in sweatshops across the world?
(d) New York Times.
8. Brand images seems to not only be the source of so much corporate wealth, but also the corporate ___________.
(a) Trust laws.
(b) Achilles heel.
9. The London RTSers say that their goal is for participants to inspire each other to visualize industrial _________.
10. Software companies began to realize that _________ work out to people who could work at home was far cheaper than permanent positions.
11. Which female magazine decided to go advertisement free in order to show its support of women and their own right to decide what they want to buy?
12. Which company actually approached Ralph Nader in order to get him to do a corporate spot in its ad campaign?
13. People are beginning to resent the destruction of __________ which comes as a result of oversaturation by particular advertising campaigns.
14. Freelancing, according to Klein, requires _________, motivation, and strong internal work ethic in order to be profitable.
15. In order to skirt the issue of not having paid benefits to temporary workers who were employed for over a year, Microsoft rehired the employees through ___________.
(a) The government.
(c) A new benefits avoidance package.
(d) A staffing agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. When using a temporary staffing agency for the majority of employees, a company doesn't have to have a _____________ department.
2. The _________ culture is one of the places where culture jamming seems to have become a trendy way to improve sales.
3. The local military and police stop any ___________ by those who are not actually workers at the factories.
4. In order to promote a brand, a company needs to purchase both physical and air ____________ for these products.
5. As a result of having so many more managers, the _________ class is beginning to diminish in size.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)