|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new economy now includes a large number of permanent _________ and executives who earn large salaries and get stock options.
(b) Factory foreman.
2. __________ is one company which decided to disassociate itself from genetically modified foods after a series of protests.
3. ___________ was ready to attack the movement in advertising, but then began an advertisement for anti-advertising.
4. Microsoft required its temporary employees to take _________ days off during the course of a year, unpaid, to keep their temporary status.
5. The _________ has become the hottest commodity when it comes to the advertising culture.
6. Contracted ________ work is becoming the norm for many companies, according to the findings of Klein.
7. Many of the jobs in the ________ industry are still available, though they have been reduced to part time.
8. The contemporary definitions of female ________ make those who witness these images begin to feel insecure and inadequate.
9. The National _________ Committee has been the most successful in creating cracks in the branded economy.
10. As a result of having so many more managers, the _________ class is beginning to diminish in size.
11. ____________ is the name of the many cool hunting agencies which looked out for trends which would be successful.
(d) Honor Tribe.
12. What is the name of one of the largest employers in the United States, at the time this book was written?
(a) Tru Benefits.
(b) Allied Staffing.
13. When using a temporary staffing agency for the majority of employees, a company doesn't have to have a _____________ department.
(c) Human Resources.
14. Brand images seems to not only be the source of so much corporate wealth, but also the corporate ___________.
(a) Trust laws.
(d) Achilles heel.
15. Those who work at a Starbucks or a Borders are working there until they can __________________.
(a) Afford to move out of their parents' house.
(b) Be in management.
(c) Get done with school.
(d) Find something better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rob Lieber noted that the time of considering yourself an ___________ has passed. Rather, he notes that people should consider themselves as service providers.
2. Long term jobs are now being replaced with _________workers who are supplied by staffing agencies.
3. The compounds where the factories are based include a number of amenities when __________ management must be there.
4. ________ refused at one point to inform consumers of what foods were the product of genetic engineering, and still do to this day.
5. The best way to make a difference, according to the author when speaking with students concerned about sweatshops, is to stay informed by using ___________.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)