|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Branding seems to be a _______ economy, inflating with rapidity, but with hot air more than anything else.
2. The McDonald's trial was never about winning in court, it was about using the _______ to win over the public.
(c) Settlement money.
3. The National _________ Committee has been the most successful in creating cracks in the branded economy.
4. Software companies began to realize that _________ work out to people who could work at home was far cheaper than permanent positions.
5. The contemporary definitions of female ________ make those who witness these images begin to feel insecure and inadequate.
6. In the third world countries and the factories, there is always a new crop of ____________ to replace those who leave.
(a) Old people.
(d) Young people.
7. Agent Blackberry of the Bionic Baking Brigade says to many corporate leaders, "To their lies, we respond with _______."
8. ___________make up a large percentage of the workers for Microsoft and other software companies.
(d) Illegal workers.
9. Many laid off workers are made to come back as ___________ in order to have their jobs, though at lower wages and no benefits.
(a) Full time managers.
(d) Contracted workers.
10. People are beginning to resent the destruction of __________ which comes as a result of oversaturation by particular advertising campaigns.
11. Students on many college campuses are beginning to question the ________ arrangements as well as the partnerships in the universities.
12. The Critical _________ bike rides was a movement which began in San Francisco in 1992 and spread throughout the globe.
13. The _________ has become the hottest commodity when it comes to the advertising culture.
14. Billboard __________ has now spread to hacking into Internet sites in order to show new messages.
15. Once an executive has trimmed the company and saved money, he/she might move on to the next company, often leaving with a golden ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. It seems that the concentration of media ownership has successfully devalued the right to free speech by severing it from the right to be ________.
2. In order for the branded system to work well, the employees must know little of the ___________ of the products they create.
3. The broader goal of the process in #139 is to take back the public _________ and to stop the corporations from taking over all of the public's senses.
4. Many of the jobs in the ________ industry are still available, though they have been reduced to part time.
5. Even corporate _________ are for sale, moving from one company to another frequently, according to Klein.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)