|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thus, ____________ will be hooked up to an IV in the new billboards, showing the troubles with smoking.
(a) Joe Camel.
(b) Newport smokers.
(c) Marlboro Man.
(d) Capri Candi.
2. In order for the branded system to work well, the employees must know little of the ___________ of the products they create.
(b) Marked lives.
3. In ___________ countries, the factories are blocked off from view in order to prevent a clear view of capitalism.
4. _________ are made in factories, brands are what consumers buy, according to companies today.
(c) Junk products.
5. Many of the jobs in the ________ industry are still available, though they have been reduced to part time.
6. ___________ was ready to attack the movement in advertising, but then began an advertisement for anti-advertising.
7. What's interesting is that the brand owners do not actually own the _____________, as these are owned by third parties.
(b) Labor pool.
8. What is the main symbol of the Reclaim the Streets flag, as used in the UK to help take back culture?
(b) Skull and crossbones.
9. In order to skirt the issue of not having paid benefits to temporary workers who were employed for over a year, Microsoft rehired the employees through ___________.
(a) A staffing agency.
(b) The government.
(c) A new benefits avoidance package.
10. The shutdown of U.S. ___________ has continued over the years, causing towns to lose their economy and their tax base.
(b) Shipping stores.
11. The contemporary definitions of female ________ make those who witness these images begin to feel insecure and inadequate.
12. In the third world countries and the factories, there is always a new crop of ____________ to replace those who leave.
(a) Young people.
(d) Old people.
13. The markup of the products allows for the expansion of more brand __________ and more executive salaries.
14. Which female magazine decided to go advertisement free in order to show its support of women and their own right to decide what they want to buy?
15. For many French students in the late 1960s, the enemy was the rigidness and the conformity of the __________ Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cultural homogenization provides a basis for meaningful global ___________, even in the midst of claustrophobia.
2. By changing the ad message, the __________ behind the company who originally made the advertisement can be exposed.
3. Branding seems to be a _______ economy, inflating with rapidity, but with hot air more than anything else.
4. Reverend Butts began his adbusting by __________ billboards in order to remove them from sight.
5. Rob Lieber noted that the time of considering yourself an ___________ has passed. Rather, he notes that people should consider themselves as service providers.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)