|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Large __________ have consumed public space so much that their power controls what people see, read, and purchase each day.
(a) Movie stations.
(d) Cable channels.
2. Long term jobs are now being replaced with _________workers who are supplied by staffing agencies.
(d) Full time.
3. In order to skirt the issue of not having paid benefits to temporary workers who were employed for over a year, Microsoft rehired the employees through ___________.
(a) A staffing agency.
(b) A new benefits avoidance package.
(d) The government.
4. The new economy now includes a large number of permanent _________ and executives who earn large salaries and get stock options.
(d) Factory foreman.
5. Who was NOT one of the winners according to market research into the growing consumer group, as referenced in #33?
(a) The Gap.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1990s, the consumer became more _________ conscious than brand conscious due to the recession taking place.
2. Which company actually approached Ralph Nader in order to get him to do a corporate spot in its ad campaign?
3. The McDonald's trial was never about winning in court, it was about using the _______ to win over the public.
4. Large corporations give money to movie makers in order to get their products prominently featured in __________.
5. The ________ was a court case in 1994, which continued on for many years, discussing the right for Steel and Morris to create pamphlets against McDonald's.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)