|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ can control what and how news is reported since advertising dollars are how new stations continue to run.
(a) Soda companies.
2. Who, when faced with less money, allowed these companies to use their brands in order to gain more money for certain events?
3. ___________ purchased Blockbuster Video and Paramount Pictures in 1997, which allows them to make substantial profits.
(a) Home Box Office.
(c) Turner Network.
4. America is experiencing unprecedented growth in the young ____________ in companies as a result of advertising to the younger market.
(c) Production workers.
(d) Line workers.
5. The polo pony and the alligator were the first signs of _________ being used in order to help identity those who were using certain brands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1974, the U.S. government began to implement anti-trust laws in order to prevent three major U.S. _________ from producing entertainment shows for their own purposes.
2. ___________ is a retailer which has engaged in price wars, offering prices so low that no competitor can ever compete.
3. Newsworthy stories and important stories may be ___________ when a corporation does not agree with the piece.
4. Nike and _________ were the first to conceive of the idea of co-branding, with much success for both companies.
5. Brand names became synonymous with the idea of corporate __________, and agencies began to focus on the brand rather than the product.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)