|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Tutu give for people in Rwanda listening to him?
2. What happened during a hearing that made the media wonder if Tutu was the right man to head the TRC?
3. What happened to Botha between 1988 and his hearing before the TRC?
4. How was the African Defense Force used prior to 1994?
5. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
2. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
3. Why did Winnie Mandela want the hearing to be open to the public in "Chapter Eight, This is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
4. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
5. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
6. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
7. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
8. Why were the interpreters shattered?
9. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
10. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and define blanket amnesty and examine the implications involved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of conformity among apartheid supporters and the white Afrikaner minority.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Nelson Mandela and examine his importance in ending apartheid.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)