|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tutu criticize in Israel?
2. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
3. In what year did Tutu find out about having cancer?
4. What did the Rwandan genocide teach Tutu?
5. Who blamed Botha and his entourage for everything that went wrong at the end of the apartheid regime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
2. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
3. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
4. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
5. What was the worst thing about apartheid according to Tutu?
6. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
7. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to do by health staff according to the "Postscript"?
8. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
9. What did Tutu see as the greatest weakness of the TRC?
10. What happened on August 31, 1988?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Tutu's realizations regarding humanity and God after the end of apartheid and determine why these were significant.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of President Botha in South Africa and his role in the TRC hearings.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tutu's primary goals as Archbishop and determine whether or not his goals were achieved.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)