|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to have?
2. What did the man in one of the TRC cases do after smelling the burning corpse of a murdered victim?
3. What does Tutu say perpetrators must acknowledge?
4. What did many apartheid supporters say they saw anti-apartheid movements as being during their TRC hearing?
5. What type of staff does Tutu say were forced to put atrocities into their own words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
2. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
3. What did Tutu wonder about God in "Chapter Seven, We Do Want to Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom to Forgive"?
4. Whose confessions implicated Winnie Mandela, Nelson Mandela's ex-wife?
5. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
6. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
7. What was the worst thing about apartheid according to Tutu?
8. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
9. What did Tutu see as the greatest weakness of the TRC?
10. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine specific massacres mentioned by Tutu and determine how these massacres changed the history of South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Tutu's realizations regarding humanity and God after the end of apartheid and determine why these were significant.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the TRC, including its structure, purpose, and responsibilities.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)