|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to stay disciplined?
2. Tutu expressed that no one can be ______________and be alone.
3. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to have?
4. What did the Rwandan genocide teach Tutu?
5. When did Nelson and his wife divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
2. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
3. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
4. Why did Winnie Mandela want the hearing to be open to the public in "Chapter Eight, This is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
5. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
6. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to do by health staff according to the "Postscript"?
7. What happened on August 31, 1988?
8. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
9. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa?
10. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd and his role in the segregated education system in South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and define blanket amnesty and examine the implications involved.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tutu's primary goals as Archbishop and determine whether or not his goals were achieved.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)