|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tutu maintain could also commit terrible crimes?
2. What does Tutu say many people forgot about the TRC according to "Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
3. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa according to Tutu?
4. Who was Mandela's wife?
5. What happened on August, 1988?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the worst thing about apartheid according to Tutu?
2. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
3. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
4. Why were many graves opened?
5. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
6. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
7. What did Tutu wonder about God in "Chapter Seven, We Do Want to Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom to Forgive"?
8. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
9. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
10. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of conformity among apartheid supporters and the white Afrikaner minority.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the education received by black South Africans under apartheid and what steps have been taken to resolve the educational issues since the end of apartheid.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tutu's primary goals as Archbishop and determine whether or not his goals were achieved.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)