|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to have?
2. What does Tutu say many people forgot about the TRC according to "Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
3. What happened to Botha between 1988 and his hearing before the TRC?
4. Who many elephants and rhinos died due to apartheid terrorism?
5. What was forgiveness NOT according to Tutu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
2. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
3. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
4. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa?
5. What did Tutu see as the greatest weakness of the TRC?
6. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
7. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
8. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
9. What happened on August 31, 1988?
10. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine specific massacres mentioned by Tutu and determine how these massacres changed the history of South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Nelson Mandela and examine his importance in ending apartheid.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the gross violation of human rights focused on by the TRC and how these were defined.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)