|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political ideologies did the ANC encompass according to Tutu?
2. When was dehumanization reciprocal according to Tutu in "Chapter Three, In the Fullness of Time"?
3. How was the location of the first TRC meeting used prior to 1994?
4. Tutu was challenged by the media because _______________.
5. Tutu states freedom would be exchanged for _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did apartheid supporters deliberately miss according to Tutu?
2. Why was December 15 significant ? How was it transformed?
3. What was Archbishop Tutu chosen to head up when he was about to go on sabbatical in "Chapter Five, Up and Running?"
4. What were Tutu's three primary goals as Tutu received his tenure as archbishop?
5. Where was the TRC's center and why was it at this location?
6. Why was a young woman who dated a policeman devastated?
7. Why was April 27, 1994 significant according to "Chapter One, The Prelude"?
8. What did the South African people have to figure out according to Tutu?
9. What realization dawned on the citizens according to Tutu?
10. How does Nelson Mandela impress many?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the education received by black South Africans under apartheid and what steps have been taken to resolve the educational issues since the end of apartheid.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the Anglican Church in South Africa and discuss the contradicts promoted by rejecting racism, but tolerating segregation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd and his role in the segregated education system in South Africa.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)