|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu assert sometimes happened to those pleading guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
2. What does Tutu state the ANC was not exempt of in 1994?
3. How old was Tutu in 1994?
4. When was dehumanization reciprocal according to Tutu in "Chapter Three, In the Fullness of Time"?
5. What does Tutu express he and the TRC had to constantly emphasize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nelson Mandela impress many?
2. What did Mandela know about reconciliation? What advice did Tutu give?
3. What was significant about May 10?
4. Why was a young woman who dated a policeman devastated?
5. Why does Tutu say the South Africans stood tall?
6. What did Tutu claim as the main weakness of the bill?
7. What realization dawned on the citizens according to Tutu?
8. What happened on the first day of TRC hearings?
9. What did some revolutionary splinter groups focus on according to Tutu?
10. What was Archbishop Tutu chosen to head up when he was about to go on sabbatical in "Chapter Five, Up and Running?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the education received by black South Africans under apartheid and what steps have been taken to resolve the educational issues since the end of apartheid.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the flaws of the TRC as discussed by Tutu and examine why each was significant to the hearings regarding apartheid.
Essay Topic 3
Examine specific massacres mentioned by Tutu and determine how these massacres changed the history of South Africa.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)