|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tutu, voting in South Africa was _______________.
2. What board was in charge of reassigning members of the same family based on their color according to Tutu?
3. Where did Tutu decide to vote for the first election open to black people?
4. Where did the former segregationists live in 1994 according to Tutu?
5. Tutu said that he didn't seek a permit for ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the commission humbled?
2. What was the racial superiority in South Africa based on?
3. What was Archbishop Tutu chosen to head up when he was about to go on sabbatical in "Chapter Five, Up and Running?"
4. What did all groups of the ANC agree to?
5. What did the TRC have to focus on? How was it defined?
6. Where was the TRC's center and why was it at this location?
7. What did Tutu marvel at?
8. What realization dawned on the citizens according to Tutu?
9. What would no one admit to according to "Chapter Two, Nuremberg or National Amnesia? A Third Way"?
10. What was the Sharpeville Massacre? When did it occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Anglican Church in South Africa and discuss the contradicts promoted by rejecting racism, but tolerating segregation.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the genocide in Rwanda with that of South Africa, examining the similarities and differences between genocide in the two countries.
Essay Topic 3
Examine why the commission's neutrality came under question and why neutrality in hearings was necessary.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)