|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu say was in one's self interest?
2. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
3. What did Tutu have to do before becoming the Dean of Johannesburg?
4. What was put in place after the presidential election of 1994?
5. What type of justice do most people inherently think of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the commission humbled?
2. Why couldn't Tutu support blanket amnesty?
3. What postscript does the Constitution contain?
4. Why was a young woman who dated a policeman devastated?
5. What happened on the first day of TRC hearings?
6. What was still in force when Desmond Tutu became Archbishop in 1986?
7. What was the Sharpeville Massacre? When did it occur?
8. Why was red-baiting no longer effective?
9. What was the TRC charged with according to "Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing"?
10. Why does Tutu say the South Africans stood tall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd and his role in the segregated education system in South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact of the allegations made by the bodyguards of Winnie Mandela and why she was complicit.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tutu's primary goals as Archbishop and determine whether or not his goals were achieved.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)