|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foreign leader's extradition did Tutu say he supported?
2. What does Tutu express he and the TRC had to constantly emphasize?
3. What was the TRC in charge of providing according to "Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing"?
4. According to Tutu, what would forgetting the past do to the segregation victims?
5. According to Tutu, voting in South Africa was _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about May 10?
2. What do theology and the witness of Jesus show according to Tutu?
3. What despotic ruler wanted blanket amnesty?
4. What realization dawned on the citizens according to Tutu?
5. What did Tutu marvel at?
6. What happened on the first day of TRC hearings?
7. Why was the commission humbled?
8. Why did Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd come under attack?
9. What were Tutu's three primary goals as Tutu received his tenure as archbishop?
10. What was the TRC charged with according to "Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Tutu's focus on forgiveness and reconciliation and why it would be difficult in South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd and his role in the segregated education system in South Africa.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and define blanket amnesty and examine the implications involved.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)