|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tutu maintain could also commit terrible crimes?
2. Why does Tutu say many accepted the apartheid system?
(a) It was good for tourism.
(b) It was profitable.
(c) It was practical.
(d) It was comfortable and familiar.
3. What did the Rwandan genocide teach Tutu?
(a) Racism is not the only reason for genocide.
(b) Rwanda needed more clergy.
(c) Restorative justice is not good.
(d) Genocide happens everywhere.
4. What did Winnie Mandela's bodyguard plead guilty to?
(d) Kidnapping and murder.
5. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
(b) Resign his commission.
(c) Have his head examined.
(d) Run for president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the goal of the TRC according to Tutu?
2. Tutu expressed that no one can be ______________and be alone.
3. What happened during a hearing that made the media wonder if Tutu was the right man to head the TRC?
4. How was Tutu's message of peace perceived by Israel?
5. What did Tutu do while Winnie Mandela was in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
2. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
3. What happened on August 31, 1988?
4. What was the worst thing about apartheid according to Tutu?
5. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
6. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
7. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
8. Why were the interpreters shattered?
9. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
10. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)