|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the TRC's neutrality questioned at the start of its mandate?
(a) The judges had no experience.
(b) The TRC was all black.
(c) Mandela refused to testify.
(d) Many staff were white.
2. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
(a) In the mid-70's.
(b) In the mid-90's.
(c) In the mid-60's.
(d) In the mid-80's.
3. What does Tutu say some black South Africans were forced to do in order to keep their family safe?
(a) Plead guilty on trumped up charges.
(b) Kill black activists.
(c) Infiltrate the ANC.
(d) Pledge to the white government.
4. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa according to Tutu?
(a) Whites tried to take power.
(b) Nelson Mandela died.
(c) Blacks were creating laws against the whites.
(d) Massive wealth inequalities between white and blacks.
5. Why do some ANC members have to go before the TRC commission?
(a) To testify against Winnie Mandela.
(b) To testify against prison guards.
(c) Because of bombings by the ANC.
(d) To justify the killing of white school children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tutu, what had helped him manage the fallout of the TRC problems?
2. When did Nelson and his wife divorce?
3. Why did Tutu fight to prevent the TRC from giving a special hearing to the ANC?
4. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to take?
5. What does Tutu say many people forgot about the TRC according to "Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)