|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adriaan Vlok admit at his TRC hearing?
(a) To having been an undercover ANC agent.
(b) To having killed a black aide.
(c) To having an order to bomb the Khotso House.
(d) To having plotted against Mandela.
2. What did the man in one of the TRC cases do after smelling the burning corpse of a murdered victim?
(a) Went to a barbecue.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Went to work.
(d) Went home.
3. Tutu believed the TRC saved South Africa from ______________.
(a) White domination.
(b) The brink of disaster.
(c) Black domination.
4. What happened in Israel in the late 90's according to Tutu?
(a) Israelis refused to let him enter the country.
(c) Many Israelis were interested in hearing his message.
(d) Tutu visited Israel twelve times.
5. Who many elephants and rhinos died due to apartheid terrorism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Botha between 1988 and his hearing before the TRC?
2. In what capacity did Tutu visit Rwanda?
3. What was forgiveness NOT according to Tutu?
4. What happened during a hearing that made the media wonder if Tutu was the right man to head the TRC?
5. What does Tutu say God feels for his creation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
2. What happened on August 31, 1988?
3. Why were many graves opened?
4. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
5. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
6. Why did Winnie Mandela want the hearing to be open to the public in "Chapter Eight, This is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
7. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
8. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
9. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
10. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)