|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Dutch Reformed Church do for the apartheid government prior to 1994?
(a) Hid black fugitives.
(b) Provided interrogation rooms.
(c) Denounced confession for whites.
(d) Provided a theological rationale for apartheid.
2. What does Tutu state happened to many of the TRC staff?
(a) They were fired.
(b) They were shattered.
(c) They killed themselves.
(d) They were killed.
3. What did the Rwandan genocide teach Tutu?
(a) Genocide happens everywhere.
(b) Restorative justice is not good.
(c) Rwanda needed more clergy.
(d) Racism is not the only reason for genocide.
4. Who was Mandela's wife?
(a) Nelly Mandela.
(b) Winnie Mandela.
(c) Susan Mandela.
(d) Martha Mandela.
5. What did the TRC struggle to avoid?
(a) Attempts at silencing it.
(b) Accusations of bias.
(c) Assassination attempts.
(d) Accusations of racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the other name of Winnie Mandela's bodyguard team?
2. What did Tutu wonder at the start of "Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive"?
3. What did Tutu think his cancer represented?
4. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
5. How was the African Defense Force used prior to 1994?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)