|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tutu do while Winnie Mandela was in exile?
(a) He hid her location.
(b) He took her communion.
(c) He transmitted her correspondence.
(d) He allowed her to move abroad.
2. What did Tutu encourage TRC workers and commissioners to deal with?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their enemies.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their feelings.
3. What does Tutu say some black South Africans were forced to do in order to keep their family safe?
(a) Kill black activists.
(b) Plead guilty on trumped up charges.
(c) Pledge to the white government.
(d) Infiltrate the ANC.
4. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
(a) The use of restorative justice.
(b) The use of punitive justice.
(c) The use of mob justice.
(d) The use of Christian justice.
5. Why does Tutu say many accepted the apartheid system?
(a) It was profitable.
(b) It was comfortable and familiar.
(c) It was practical.
(d) It was good for tourism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu state about the commissioners at the beginning of the TRC mandate?
2. Who followed the TRC workers and commissioners, according to the "Postscript"?
3. What does Tutu state cannot be found in South Africa today?
4. What did the TRC struggle to avoid?
5. What did Tutu's cancer help him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Winnie Mandela want the hearing to be open to the public in "Chapter Eight, This is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
2. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
3. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
4. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
5. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
6. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
7. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
8. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
9. What did Tutu wonder about God in "Chapter Seven, We Do Want to Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom to Forgive"?
10. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)