|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in Israel in the late 90's according to Tutu?
(b) Israelis refused to let him enter the country.
(c) Many Israelis were interested in hearing his message.
(d) Tutu visited Israel twelve times.
2. Why did Tutu meet Botha in 1988?
(a) To take his confession.
(b) To read with him.
(c) To try to kill him.
(d) To try to have him spare the life of six prisoners.
3. Who followed the TRC workers and commissioners, according to the "Postscript"?
(a) Mental health staff.
4. What does Tutu say Mandela's wife benefited from between 1992 and 1996?
(a) White control.
(b) Killings and assaults committed by her bodyguards.
(c) The ANC donations.
(d) The imprisonment of Nelson Mandela.
5. What did many apartheid supporters say they saw anti-apartheid movements as being during their TRC hearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died due to Apartheid terrorism?
2. What does Tutu state cannot be found in South Africa today?
3. What does Tutu express of humans and God?
4. What happened to Botha between 1988 and his hearing before the TRC?
5. Who was Mandela's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were many graves opened?
2. Why were the interpreters shattered?
3. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
4. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
5. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
6. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
7. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
8. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
9. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
10. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)