|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Tutu's message of peace perceived by Israel?
(a) It was unpopular.
(b) It was popular.
(c) It was banned.
(d) It was taught in schools.
2. Why do some ANC members have to go before the TRC commission?
(a) To testify against Winnie Mandela.
(b) To testify against prison guards.
(c) To justify the killing of white school children.
(d) Because of bombings by the ANC.
3. What did Tutu criticize in Israel?
(a) Israel's treatment of women.
(b) Its war against Libya.
(c) Its bombing of Iran.
(d) Israel treatment of Palestinians.
4. Why was the racist government of South Africa supported by Britain and the United States ?
(a) They were buying a lot of military equipment.
(b) They had oil reserves.
(c) It was were anti-communist.
(d) They were a nuclear power.
5. How was the African Defense Force used prior to 1994?
(a) To patrol black slums.
(b) To eliminate political opponents.
(c) To deport black people.
(d) To stop "Communism" by president Botha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu maintain oppressors can do to their victims?
2. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
3. What reason does Tutu give for people in Rwanda listening to him?
4. What does Tutu say his cancer helped him identify with?
5. What does Tutu state about the commissioners at the beginning of the TRC mandate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
2. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
3. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
4. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa?
5. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
6. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
7. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
8. Whose confessions implicated Winnie Mandela, Nelson Mandela's ex-wife?
9. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
10. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)