|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu say God feels for his creation?
2. What did Tutu wonder at the start of "Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive"?
(a) Why man continued to sin.
(b) How he can still believe in God.
(c) How God views humanity.
(d) Why he accepted his commission.
3. What did Winnie Mandela preside over in 1995?
(a) The ANC women's chapter.
(b) The republic of South African
(c) The ANC women's League.
(d) The TRC.
4. What reason does Tutu give for people in Rwanda listening to him?
(a) He had the backing of the South Africa Army.
(b) He was a clergyman.
(c) He was black.
(d) His work in South Africa gave him credibility.
5. When did Nelson and his wife divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tutu expressed that no one can be ______________and be alone.
2. Who blamed Botha and his entourage for everything that went wrong at the end of the apartheid regime?
3. Why did Tutu fight to prevent the TRC from giving a special hearing to the ANC?
4. Tutu believed the TRC saved South Africa from ______________.
5. Why was the TRC's neutrality questioned at the start of its mandate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu see as the greatest weakness of the TRC?
2. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa?
3. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
4. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
5. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
6. What happened on August 31, 1988?
7. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
8. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to do by health staff according to the "Postscript"?
9. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
10. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)