|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tutu maintain could also commit terrible crimes?
2. What does Tutu state about the commissioners at the beginning of the TRC mandate?
(a) They acted like prima donnas.
(b) They were hard working.
(c) They were honest.
(d) They were white.
3. What did the Rwandan genocide teach Tutu?
(a) Rwanda needed more clergy.
(b) Genocide happens everywhere.
(c) Racism is not the only reason for genocide.
(d) Restorative justice is not good.
4. What was the other name of Winnie Mandela's bodyguard team?
(a) The Mandela Bone Breakers.
(b) Winnie's Men.
(c) The Winnie Security Team.
(d) The Mandela United Football Team.
5. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
(a) His stubbornness and anger.
(b) His crying.
(c) The number of lawyers he brought.
(d) His physical appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
2. What does Tutu say the rebels did during apartheid?
3. Why was the racist government of South Africa supported by Britain and the United States ?
4. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
5. How many people died due to Apartheid terrorism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
2. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to do by health staff according to the "Postscript"?
3. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
4. What was the worst thing about apartheid according to Tutu?
5. Whose confessions implicated Winnie Mandela, Nelson Mandela's ex-wife?
6. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
7. What did Tutu see as the greatest weakness of the TRC?
8. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
9. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
10. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)