|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu say many people forgot about the TRC according to "Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
(a) The judges were black and white.
(b) It prevented bloodshed.
(c) It didn't condemn anyone.
(d) Blacks and whites were put on the stand.
2. What happened on August, 1988?
(a) A bomb exploded in the Khotso House.
(b) Adriaan Vlok was elected in office.
(c) Mandela was jailed.
(d) Soweto was bulldozed.
3. What does Tutu say his cancer helped him identify with?
(a) Victims of apartheid.
(b) The sinners of the world.
(c) Victims of poor medical care.
(d) Drug addicts.
4. What does Tutu state cannot be found in South Africa today?
(a) Black bankers.
(b) Supporters of apartheid.
(c) White farmers.
5. What does Tutu maintain oppressors can do to their victims?
(a) Torture them.
(b) Make them doubt they are children of God.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Make them feel worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Tutu's message of peace perceived by Israel?
2. What did Tutu encourage TRC workers and commissioners to deal with?
3. What did Tutu wonder at the start of "Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive"?
4. How many volumes did the TRC commission issue on Winnie Mandela?
5. What happened to Botha between 1988 and his hearing before the TRC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose confessions implicated Winnie Mandela, Nelson Mandela's ex-wife?
2. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
3. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
4. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
5. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
6. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
7. Why did Winnie Mandela want the hearing to be open to the public in "Chapter Eight, This is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
8. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
9. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
10. What did Tutu wonder about God in "Chapter Seven, We Do Want to Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom to Forgive"?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)