|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
(a) In the mid-80's.
(b) In the mid-60's.
(c) In the mid-90's.
(d) In the mid-70's.
2. What does Tutu say many people forgot about the TRC according to "Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
(a) Blacks and whites were put on the stand.
(b) The judges were black and white.
(c) It didn't condemn anyone.
(d) It prevented bloodshed.
3. Who many elephants and rhinos died due to apartheid terrorism?
4. What does Tutu assert many people did at the TRC?
(a) Revealed their vulnerability in public.
(b) Avoided answering questions.
(c) Admitted to murder.
5. What type of staff does Tutu say were forced to put atrocities into their own words?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of cancer did Tutu find out he had while on the TRC?
2. What did Tutu criticize in Israel?
3. What does Tutu believe about the white Afrikaner minority in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
4. Why did Tutu meet Botha in 1988?
5. What does Tutu say he understood despite not being able to exonerate Winnie Mandela?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
2. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
3. Why were many graves opened?
4. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
5. Why were the interpreters shattered?
6. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
7. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
8. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to do by health staff according to the "Postscript"?
9. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
10. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)