|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu say the rebels did during apartheid?
(a) Went to church.
(b) Killed children.
(c) Became as brutal as their oppressors.
(d) Kidnapped school teachers.
2. What did Tutu do while Winnie Mandela was in exile?
(a) He transmitted her correspondence.
(b) He allowed her to move abroad.
(c) He hid her location.
(d) He took her communion.
3. Why do some ANC members have to go before the TRC commission?
(a) To testify against Winnie Mandela.
(b) To testify against prison guards.
(c) To justify the killing of white school children.
(d) Because of bombings by the ANC.
4. What did Winnie Mandela's bodyguard plead guilty to?
(d) Kidnapping and murder.
5. What does Tutu assert many people did at the TRC?
(a) Avoided answering questions.
(b) Revealed their vulnerability in public.
(c) Admitted to murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tutu maintain could also commit terrible crimes?
2. Who many elephants and rhinos died due to apartheid terrorism?
3. What type of staff does Tutu say were forced to put atrocities into their own words?
4. Why were the TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to stay disciplined?
5. Tutu believed the TRC saved South Africa from ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
2. What did Tutu wonder about God in "Chapter Seven, We Do Want to Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom to Forgive"?
3. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa?
4. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
5. Why were many graves opened?
6. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
7. Why did Winnie Mandela want the hearing to be open to the public in "Chapter Eight, This is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
8. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
9. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
10. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)