|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Tutu's message of peace perceived by Israel?
(a) It was banned.
(b) It was popular.
(c) It was taught in schools.
(d) It was unpopular.
2. In what year did Tutu find out about having cancer?
3. What does Tutu say many people do not want to expose?
(a) Their vulnerabilities.
(b) Their thoughts.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their true beliefs.
4. What did Winnie Mandela preside over in 1995?
(a) The TRC.
(b) The ANC women's chapter.
(c) The ANC women's League.
(d) The republic of South African
5. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa according to Tutu?
(a) Whites tried to take power.
(b) Massive wealth inequalities between white and blacks.
(c) Blacks were creating laws against the whites.
(d) Nelson Mandela died.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tutu, what had helped him manage the fallout of the TRC problems?
2. What did the Dutch Reformed Church do for the apartheid government prior to 1994?
3. What does Tutu say his cancer helped him identify with?
4. What happened in Israel in the late 90's according to Tutu?
5. Why was the TRC's neutrality questioned at the start of its mandate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the worst thing about apartheid according to Tutu?
2. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
3. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
4. Whose confessions implicated Winnie Mandela, Nelson Mandela's ex-wife?
5. Why were many graves opened?
6. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
7. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
8. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
9. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
10. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)