|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Rwandan genocide teach Tutu?
(a) Rwanda needed more clergy.
(b) Racism is not the only reason for genocide.
(c) Genocide happens everywhere.
(d) Restorative justice is not good.
2. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
(a) The number of lawyers he brought.
(b) His stubbornness and anger.
(c) His crying.
(d) His physical appearance.
3. When did Nelson and his wife divorce?
4. According to Tutu, what had helped him manage the fallout of the TRC problems?
(a) Self confidence.
(b) A good media director.
(d) Control over the media.
5. Whom does Tutu maintain could also commit terrible crimes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of staff does Tutu say were forced to put atrocities into their own words?
2. What does Tutu state cannot be found in South Africa today?
3. At what TRC hearing did Winnie Mandela come to, according to Tutu?
4. Who many elephants and rhinos died due to apartheid terrorism?
5. How was the African Defense Force used prior to 1994?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
2. Whose confessions implicated Winnie Mandela, Nelson Mandela's ex-wife?
3. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
4. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
5. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
6. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
7. Why was reconciliation in jeopardy in South Africa?
8. Why were many graves opened?
9. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
10. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)