|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what TRC hearing did Winnie Mandela come to, according to Tutu?
(a) The one held for her bodyguards.
(b) The one helf for her.
(c) The one held for the policeman who tried to kill her.
(d) The one held for her brother.
2. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
(a) In the mid-90's.
(b) In the mid-70's.
(c) In the mid-80's.
(d) In the mid-60's.
3. What did Tutu's cancer help him do?
(a) See living as a good thing.
(b) Be more realistic about man.
(c) See a white doctor.
(d) Become more laid back.
4. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
(a) The use of mob justice.
(b) The use of Christian justice.
(c) The use of punitive justice.
(d) The use of restorative justice.
5. What does Tutu say the rebels did during apartheid?
(a) Killed children.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Became as brutal as their oppressors.
(d) Kidnapped school teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu say many people do not want to expose?
2. What did Tutu wonder at the start of "Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive"?
3. How many people died due to Apartheid terrorism?
4. What did Tutu do while Winnie Mandela was in exile?
5. What did the Dutch Reformed Church do for the apartheid government prior to 1994?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
2. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
3. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
4. What did Tutu wonder about God in "Chapter Seven, We Do Want to Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom to Forgive"?
5. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
6. Why were many graves opened?
7. What did Tutu say was shocking in "Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know"?
8. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
9. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
10. What did Tutu wonder about himself in "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?"
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)