|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tutu, what had helped him manage the fallout of the TRC problems?
(a) A good media director.
(b) Control over the media.
(d) Self confidence.
2. What does Tutu say some black South Africans were forced to do in order to keep their family safe?
(a) Plead guilty on trumped up charges.
(b) Infiltrate the ANC.
(c) Kill black activists.
(d) Pledge to the white government.
3. How many volumes did the TRC commission issue on Winnie Mandela?
4. What was the other name of Winnie Mandela's bodyguard team?
(a) The Winnie Security Team.
(b) The Mandela Bone Breakers.
(c) The Mandela United Football Team.
(d) Winnie's Men.
5. Why was the TRC's neutrality questioned at the start of its mandate?
(a) The judges had no experience.
(b) Many staff were white.
(c) Mandela refused to testify.
(d) The TRC was all black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu maintain oppressors can do to their victims?
2. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
3. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to have?
4. Why does Tutu say many accepted the apartheid system?
5. What happened on August, 1988?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)