|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu state happened to many of the TRC staff?
(a) They killed themselves.
(b) They were shattered.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were fired.
2. In what year did Tutu find out about having cancer?
3. What was the other name of Winnie Mandela's bodyguard team?
(a) Winnie's Men.
(b) The Mandela United Football Team.
(c) The Mandela Bone Breakers.
(d) The Winnie Security Team.
4. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
(a) Resign his commission.
(b) Run for president.
(d) Have his head examined.
5. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
(a) His stubbornness and anger.
(b) His physical appearance.
(c) His crying.
(d) The number of lawyers he brought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many apartheid supporters say they saw anti-apartheid movements as being during their TRC hearing?
2. What did Tutu believe tarnished the image of the TRC?
3. Why did Tutu fight to prevent the TRC from giving a special hearing to the ANC?
4. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
5. Why do some ANC members have to go before the TRC commission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
2. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
3. Why were many graves opened?
4. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
5. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
6. What happened on August 31, 1988?
7. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
8. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
9. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to do by health staff according to the "Postscript"?
10. What did Tutu encourage the TRC workers and commissioners to do?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)