|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tutu criticize in Israel?
(a) Israel's treatment of women.
(b) Its war against Libya.
(c) Israel treatment of Palestinians.
(d) Its bombing of Iran.
2. What does Tutu express of humans and God?
(a) Humans don't believe in God.
(b) God loves every human.
(c) Humans displeased God.
(d) Humans failed God's plan.
3. What was forgiveness NOT according to Tutu?
(a) Not punishing the guilty.
(b) Forgiving the victim.
(c) Forgetting the crime.
(d) Passing judgement.
4. Why do some ANC members have to go before the TRC commission?
(a) Because of bombings by the ANC.
(b) To testify against prison guards.
(c) To testify against Winnie Mandela.
(d) To justify the killing of white school children.
5. What does Tutu say some black South Africans were forced to do in order to keep their family safe?
(a) Pledge to the white government.
(b) Kill black activists.
(c) Plead guilty on trumped up charges.
(d) Infiltrate the ANC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the TRC struggle to avoid?
2. At what TRC hearing did Winnie Mandela come to, according to Tutu?
3. Why was the racist government of South Africa supported by Britain and the United States ?
4. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
5. Who was Mandela's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
2. What does Tutu caution about forgiveness?
3. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
4. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
5. What did Tutu say was a profound sin?
6. How were individuals, the economy, and animals affected by apartheid terrorism?
7. What did Tutu wonder about God in "Chapter Seven, We Do Want to Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom to Forgive"?
8. What was the worst thing about apartheid according to Tutu?
9. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
10. What did Tutu admit about conditioning?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)