|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what capacity did Tutu visit Rwanda?
(a) As a private citizen.
(b) As president of the All Africa Council of Churches.
(c) As president of South Africa.
(d) As head of the TRC.
2. Who followed the TRC workers and commissioners, according to the "Postscript"?
(c) Mental health staff.
3. Where was Mandela's wife while he was in prison?
(a) She was in exile.
(b) She was free.
(c) She was in prison.
(d) She was hiding.
4. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
(a) In the mid-70's.
(b) In the mid-80's.
(c) In the mid-90's.
(d) In the mid-60's.
5. What did Tutu encourage TRC workers and commissioners to deal with?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their feelings.
(c) Their enemies.
(d) Their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tutu's cancer help him do?
2. When did Nelson and his wife divorce?
3. What does Tutu say some black South Africans were forced to do in order to keep their family safe?
4. How was Tutu's message of peace perceived by Israel?
5. What did the Dutch Reformed Church do for the apartheid government prior to 1994?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accusation was made against a commissioner and how was it handled?
2. What were some black South Africans pressed into infiltrating?
3. Where was Tutu's message unpopular and why?
4. What did Tutu find out about himself in 1997?
5. Why did Winnie Mandela want the hearing to be open to the public in "Chapter Eight, This is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
6. What does everyone have the capacity for according to Tutu?
7. Whose confessions implicated Winnie Mandela, Nelson Mandela's ex-wife?
8. What did Rwanda teach Tutu about genocide in "Chapter Eleven, Without Forgiveness There Really Is No Future"?
9. Why were many graves opened?
10. What did Tutu admit regarding the Anglican Church?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)