|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would have been quick to lie in case of trials, according to Tutu?
(a) Army officers.
(b) White people.
(c) Police men.
(d) High ranking officials.
2. Why does Tutu assert Mandela had enormous credibility?
(a) He went to prison for his ideas.
(b) He was a good orator.
(c) He was not broken by his time in prison.
(d) He was the oldest leader alive.
3. Where did the former segregationists live in 1994 according to Tutu?
(a) In Europe.
(b) In Mozambique.
(c) In South America.
(d) Still in South Africa.
4. What was Tutu preparing for when he was asked to be the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, according to "Chapter Five, Up and Running"?
(c) A sabbatical.
(d) A trip to Japan.
5. How long did Tutu stay at the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tutu explain why there was no bloodshed during the end of Apartheid?
2. When did the women become eligible for ordination in South Africa?
3. What was the TRC according to Tutu in "Chapter Four, What About Justice"?
4. How many amnesty applications did the TRC have at the time of its first meeting, according to Tutu?
5. What political ideologies did the ANC encompass according to Tutu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mandela know about reconciliation? What advice did Tutu give?
2. What do theology and the witness of Jesus show according to Tutu?
3. What happened on the first day of TRC hearings?
4. What did TRC have to constantly emphasize?
5. What did Tutu claim as the main weakness of the bill?
6. What did the South African people have to figure out according to Tutu?
7. How does Nelson Mandela impress many?
8. Why was a young woman who dated a policeman devastated?
9. What was the Sharpeville Massacre? When did it occur?
10. What did apartheid supporters deliberately miss according to Tutu?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)