|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who participated in a special unit task force in Tutu's story?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A housewife.
2. Why was the new government still vulnerable according to Tutu?
(a) The army was the real power holder.
(b) Political rivalry within the ANC.
(c) There was no support for democracy.
(d) Security forces were still white only.
3. Who would have been quick to lie in case of trials, according to Tutu?
(a) Army officers.
(b) High ranking officials.
(c) Police men.
(d) White people.
4. What does Tutu say was the main weakness of the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act bill?
(a) Forgiveness was granted immediately.
(b) It only targeted whites.
(c) The judges were all black.
(d) It couldn't impose fines.
5. Where did Tutu decide to vote for the first election open to black people?
(a) East London.
(b) A ghetto township.
(d) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many judges did Mandela have to nominate for the TRC?
2. What court was Judge Mohamed assigned to, according to Tutu?
3. What does Tutu express about Mandela even when he was in prison?
4. Tutu was challenged by the media because _______________.
5. What type of justice do most people inherently think of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did some revolutionary splinter groups focus on according to Tutu?
2. What was still in force when Desmond Tutu became Archbishop in 1986?
3. What would no one admit to according to "Chapter Two, Nuremberg or National Amnesia? A Third Way"?
4. What were Tutu's three primary goals as Tutu received his tenure as archbishop?
5. What did TRC have to constantly emphasize?
6. Why was April 27, 1994 significant according to "Chapter One, The Prelude"?
7. Why was the commission humbled?
8. What did the TRC have to focus on? How was it defined?
9. What was the Sharpeville Massacre? When did it occur?
10. Why was December 15 significant ? How was it transformed?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)