|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tutu maintain could also commit terrible crimes?
2. What does Tutu say many people do not want to expose?
(a) Their families.
(b) Their vulnerabilities.
(c) Their thoughts.
(d) Their true beliefs.
3. Why do some ANC members have to go before the TRC commission?
(a) To justify the killing of white school children.
(b) To testify against prison guards.
(c) Because of bombings by the ANC.
(d) To testify against Winnie Mandela.
4. How was the African Defense Force used prior to 1994?
(a) To deport black people.
(b) To patrol black slums.
(c) To eliminate political opponents.
(d) To stop "Communism" by president Botha.
5. Where was Mandela's wife while he was in prison?
(a) She was free.
(b) She was in prison.
(c) She was in exile.
(d) She was hiding.
6. At what TRC hearing did Winnie Mandela come to, according to Tutu?
(a) The one held for the policeman who tried to kill her.
(b) The one helf for her.
(c) The one held for her bodyguards.
(d) The one held for her brother.
7. What does Tutu say he understood despite not being able to exonerate Winnie Mandela?
(a) Women could be bad too.
(b) Anyone could be a monster.
(c) Anyone could buckle under pressure.
(d) She was a patriotic woman.
8. Who was Mandela's wife?
(a) Susan Mandela.
(b) Winnie Mandela.
(c) Martha Mandela.
(d) Nelly Mandela.
9. In what year did Tutu find out about having cancer?
10. What did Tutu believe tarnished the image of the TRC?
(a) It leaked secrets.
(b) Accepted false testimonies.
(c) Let white people go free.
(d) Condemned black people.
11. What reason does Tutu give for people in Rwanda listening to him?
(a) His work in South Africa gave him credibility.
(b) He had the backing of the South Africa Army.
(c) He was a clergyman.
(d) He was black.
12. Why was the TRC's neutrality questioned at the start of its mandate?
(a) The judges had no experience.
(b) Mandela refused to testify.
(c) The TRC was all black.
(d) Many staff were white.
13. What does Tutu assert many people did at the TRC?
(a) Revealed their vulnerability in public.
(b) Avoided answering questions.
(d) Admitted to murder.
14. What does Tutu say his cancer helped him identify with?
(a) Victims of apartheid.
(b) Victims of poor medical care.
(c) The sinners of the world.
(d) Drug addicts.
15. What did many apartheid supporters say they saw anti-apartheid movements as being during their TRC hearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
2. What was forgiveness NOT according to Tutu?
3. Who followed the TRC workers and commissioners, according to the "Postscript"?
4. What type of cancer did Tutu find out he had while on the TRC?
5. What happened during a hearing that made the media wonder if Tutu was the right man to head the TRC?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)