|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many volumes did the TRC commission issue on Winnie Mandela?
2. What did Tutu do while Winnie Mandela was in exile?
(a) He took her communion.
(b) He transmitted her correspondence.
(c) He hid her location.
(d) He allowed her to move abroad.
3. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to have?
(a) Neutral clothes.
(c) A support system.
4. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
(a) His crying.
(b) His stubbornness and anger.
(c) His physical appearance.
(d) The number of lawyers he brought.
5. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
(a) In the mid-90's.
(b) In the mid-80's.
(c) In the mid-70's.
(d) In the mid-60's.
6. What reason does Tutu give for people in Rwanda listening to him?
(a) He had the backing of the South Africa Army.
(b) He was black.
(c) His work in South Africa gave him credibility.
(d) He was a clergyman.
7. What did Winnie Mandela preside over in 1995?
(a) The ANC women's chapter.
(b) The TRC.
(c) The ANC women's League.
(d) The republic of South African
8. What was the other name of Winnie Mandela's bodyguard team?
(a) The Mandela United Football Team.
(b) The Winnie Security Team.
(c) Winnie's Men.
(d) The Mandela Bone Breakers.
9. How was Tutu's message of peace perceived by Israel?
(a) It was popular.
(b) It was banned.
(c) It was taught in schools.
(d) It was unpopular.
10. Why was the racist government of South Africa supported by Britain and the United States ?
(a) It was were anti-communist.
(b) They were buying a lot of military equipment.
(c) They were a nuclear power.
(d) They had oil reserves.
11. What does Tutu state cannot be found in South Africa today?
(b) Supporters of apartheid.
(c) White farmers.
(d) Black bankers.
12. What happened to Botha between 1988 and his hearing before the TRC?
(a) He killed a man.
(b) He was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) He suffered a stroke.
(d) He was shot.
13. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
(a) Have his head examined.
(c) Resign his commission.
(d) Run for president.
14. At what TRC hearing did Winnie Mandela come to, according to Tutu?
(a) The one helf for her.
(b) The one held for the policeman who tried to kill her.
(c) The one held for her bodyguards.
(d) The one held for her brother.
15. What happened on August, 1988?
(a) Adriaan Vlok was elected in office.
(b) Mandela was jailed.
(c) A bomb exploded in the Khotso House.
(d) Soweto was bulldozed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blamed Botha and his entourage for everything that went wrong at the end of the apartheid regime?
2. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
3. What did the TRC struggle to avoid?
4. Why did Tutu fight to prevent the TRC from giving a special hearing to the ANC?
5. When did Nelson and his wife divorce?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)