|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tutu criticize in Israel?
(a) Its war against Libya.
(b) Israel's treatment of women.
(c) Its bombing of Iran.
(d) Israel treatment of Palestinians.
2. What does Tutu say many people forgot about the TRC according to "Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
(a) It didn't condemn anyone.
(b) The judges were black and white.
(c) Blacks and whites were put on the stand.
(d) It prevented bloodshed.
3. What were TRC workers and commissioners encouraged to have?
(b) Neutral clothes.
(c) A support system.
4. What did Tutu think his cancer represented?
(a) The cost of his drinking habit.
(b) The cost for working with the previous white government.
(c) The cost for his sins.
(d) The cost of his work.
5. Who many elephants and rhinos died due to apartheid terrorism?
6. What was the goal of the TRC according to Tutu?
(a) To give blacks a target.
(b) To humiliate whites.
(c) To make the victims feel like children of God again.
(d) To punish the guilty.
7. What does Tutu maintain oppressors can do to their victims?
(a) Torture them.
(b) Make them doubt they are children of God.
(c) Make them feel worthless.
(d) Kill them.
8. Who blamed Botha and his entourage for everything that went wrong at the end of the apartheid regime?
(a) The State Senate.
(b) The South Africa Army.
(c) The State Security Council.
(d) The Security Group.
9. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
(a) His crying.
(b) His stubbornness and anger.
(c) The number of lawyers he brought.
(d) His physical appearance.
10. What did many apartheid supporters say they saw anti-apartheid movements as being during their TRC hearing?
11. What type of staff does Tutu say were forced to put atrocities into their own words?
12. Who was Mandela's wife?
(a) Nelly Mandela.
(b) Susan Mandela.
(c) Martha Mandela.
(d) Winnie Mandela.
13. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
(b) Have his head examined.
(c) Run for president.
(d) Resign his commission.
14. Who followed the TRC workers and commissioners, according to the "Postscript"?
(b) Mental health staff.
15. What does Tutu say perpetrators must acknowledge?
(a) The truth of their sins.
(b) Whites are barbarians.
(c) Blacks are superior.
(d) They were wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu say God feels for his creation?
2. What type of cancer did Tutu find out he had while on the TRC?
3. What was the other name of Winnie Mandela's bodyguard team?
4. What did Tutu's cancer help him do?
5. What did the man in one of the TRC cases do after smelling the burning corpse of a murdered victim?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)