|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tutu expressed that no one can be ______________and be alone.
2. What did Winnie Mandela's bodyguard plead guilty to?
(c) Kidnapping and murder.
3. What happened in Israel in the late 90's according to Tutu?
(a) Israelis refused to let him enter the country.
(b) Tutu visited Israel twelve times.
(c) Many Israelis were interested in hearing his message.
4. What does Tutu say Mandela's wife benefited from between 1992 and 1996?
(a) The ANC donations.
(b) Killings and assaults committed by her bodyguards.
(c) The imprisonment of Nelson Mandela.
(d) White control.
5. When did Tutu visit Rwanda?
(a) In the mid-80's.
(b) In the mid-90's.
(c) In the mid-70's.
(d) In the mid-60's.
6. Why did Tutu meet Botha in 1988?
(a) To try to kill him.
(b) To take his confession.
(c) To read with him.
(d) To try to have him spare the life of six prisoners.
7. What did Tutu encourage TRC workers and commissioners to deal with?
(a) Their enemies.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their feelings.
8. How was Tutu's message of peace perceived by Israel?
(a) It was taught in schools.
(b) It was banned.
(c) It was popular.
(d) It was unpopular.
9. What does Tutu state happened to many of the TRC staff?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were shattered.
(c) They killed themselves.
(d) They were fired.
10. What does Tutu maintain oppressors can do to their victims?
(a) Torture them.
(b) Make them feel worthless.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Make them doubt they are children of God.
11. Who was Mandela's wife?
(a) Martha Mandela.
(b) Winnie Mandela.
(c) Nelly Mandela.
(d) Susan Mandela.
12. What made Botha pathetic during his hearing at the TRC?
(a) His crying.
(b) His stubbornness and anger.
(c) His physical appearance.
(d) The number of lawyers he brought.
13. What did Tutu preach in Rwanda?
(a) The use of restorative justice.
(b) The use of punitive justice.
(c) The use of Christian justice.
(d) The use of mob justice.
14. What happened on August, 1988?
(a) Mandela was jailed.
(b) Adriaan Vlok was elected in office.
(c) Soweto was bulldozed.
(d) A bomb exploded in the Khotso House.
15. What type of cancer did Tutu find out he had while on the TRC?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu say many people forgot about the TRC according to "Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes"?
2. What type of staff does Tutu say were forced to put atrocities into their own words?
3. How many volumes did the TRC commission issue on Winnie Mandela?
4. Who many elephants and rhinos died due to apartheid terrorism?
5. What did the man in one of the TRC cases do after smelling the burning corpse of a murdered victim?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)