|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goals did Tutu set for himself after his ordination in 1986?
(a) Two goals.
(b) Four goals.
(c) Nine goals.
(d) Three goals.
2. What could Apartheid supporters not plead according to Tutu?
(d) No contest.
3. What does Tutu state the ANC was not exempt of in 1994?
(a) White members.
(b) Splinter groups focused on revenge.
(c) Leader struggle.
4. How long did Tutu stay at the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four years.
5. When did the TRC hold its first hearing?
(a) April, 1996.
(b) April, 1998.
(c) May, 1996.
(d) April, 1997.
6. What did Tutu grow to accept as a child?
(b) His race.
(c) His faith.
(d) His father was white.
7. What post did the "high priest" of South Africa segregation hold?
(a) Interior ministry.
(c) Cabinet of Race.
(d) Prime Minister.
8. The 1994 presidential election in South Africa was certified as being _______________.
(a) Fair and free.
9. What does Tutu say many people thought of the TRC?
(a) They saw it as immoral.
(b) They ignored it.
(c) They liked it.
(d) They saw it as useless.
10. What prize did Tutu win in 1984?
(a) International Peace Prize.
(b) Distinguished Service Prize.
(c) Nobel Peace Prize.
(d) Global Peace Prize.
11. What church is Desmond Tutu a part of?
12. What does Tutu say of the politicians who crafted the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(a) They were saints.
(b) They were self interested.
(c) They were white.
(d) They were going too fast.
13. Who composed the ANC as of 1994?
(a) A large coalition of political groups.
(b) One thousand people.
(c) Two ethnic groups.
(d) One black and one white party.
14. When did the worst part of South African Apartheid start?
15. Who participated in a special unit task force in Tutu's story?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A housewife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many black people were removed from their homes by the racist regime of South Africa?
2. Tutu said that he didn't seek a permit for ______________.
3. What did people with ties to the segregationist regime get for their confession?
4. What does Tutu say happened to black people injured on the side of the road when an ambulance for whites arrived in the story he recounted?
5. How many "severe violations" does the TRC categorize as "gross" violations of human rights?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)