|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tutu alerted the Anglican Communion of ______________.
(a) Non believers in the TRC.
(b) A need for prayer.
(c) Racist preachers.
(d) Whites not communing.
2. What part of the New Testament does Tutu say the supporters of Apartheid chose to ignore?
(a) The commandment about killing one another.
(b) The diversity of human beings.
(c) The believers' pledge to attend church.
(d) The endorsement of the infinite worth of human beings.
3. How many ministers were on the TRC board the first year?
(a) Nine ministers.
(b) Five ministers.
(c) Four ministers.
(d) Three ministers.
4. What were the victims asked to do on behalf of freedom from the past according to Tutu?
(a) Write an apology note.
(b) Pay a high price.
(c) Meet their victim.
(d) Lose their family.
5. What does Tutu state no one admitted defending after its end according to "Chapter Two, Nuremberg or National Amnesia? A Third Way"?
6. What does Tutu assert sometimes happened to those pleading guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(a) They lost their job.
(b) Their marriage ended.
(c) The were hunted down and killed.
(d) They fled the country.
7. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
(d) F.W deKlerk.
8. How was the location of the first TRC meeting used prior to 1994?
(a) White supremacist meetings.
(b) Resistance to apartheid meetings.
(c) As a market.
(d) To hand black thiefs.
9. What does Tutu state the ANC was not exempt of in 1994?
(a) Leader struggle.
(c) White members.
(d) Splinter groups focused on revenge.
10. What does Tutu say Mandela thought the reconciliation had to be?
(a) Headed by white people.
(b) Headed by black people.
11. Where did Tutu decide to vote for the first election open to black people?
(a) A ghetto township.
(b) Cape Town.
(c) East London.
12. Tutu was challenged by the media because _______________.
(a) He was too old.
(b) He collaborated wtih the white government.
(c) The commission had a Christian emphasis.
(d) He was a friend of Mandela.
13. Where was the first TRC meeting held?
(a) Cape Town.
(b) East London.
14. What was the date of the first apartheid legislation in South Africa?
15. What court was Judge Mohamed assigned to, according to Tutu?
(a) Constitutional court.
(b) The Supreme Court of South Africa.
(c) Criminal court.
(d) Juvenile court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Nelson Mandela in 1994?
2. Why was the TRC center in Eastern Cape?
3. Under what conditions were the trials under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act held?
4. How many people sent their statement that they wanted recorded?
5. What was December 16th designated as prior to 1994?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)