|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the TRC in charge of providing according to "Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing"?
(a) A complete picture of human rights violations.
(b) Power to black people.
(c) The illusion of fairness.
(d) A scapegoat.
2. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
(c) F.W deKlerk.
3. What does Tutu say of the politicians who crafted the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(a) They were self interested.
(b) They were going too fast.
(c) They were saints.
(d) They were white.
4. According to Tutu, the ANC was not merely ______________.
(a) A capitalist opposer.
(b) A communist party.
(c) Mandela's movement.
(d) A black movement.
5. What does Tutu say many people thought of the TRC?
(a) They saw it as immoral.
(b) They liked it.
(c) They saw it as useless.
(d) They ignored it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the unarmed schoolchildren shot and killed during the Soweto violence in 1976?
2. What did many people see the TRC doing?
3. What was Tutu's rank in the Church?
4. What political ideologies did the ANC encompass according to Tutu?
5. How was the location of the first TRC meeting used prior to 1994?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)