|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What board was in charge of reassigning members of the same family based on their color according to Tutu?
(a) The Good White Family Board.
(b) The Black Board.
(c) The Race Classification Board.
(d) The Family Racial Board.
2. How old was Nelson Mandela in 1994?
(a) 76 years old.
(b) 56 years old.
(c) 75 years old.
(d) 66 years old.
3. What did the man in one of the TRC cases do after smelling the burning corpse of a murdered victim?
(a) Went home.
(b) Went to work.
(c) Went to a barbecue.
(d) Went to church.
4. What did the TRC struggle to avoid?
(a) Attempts at silencing it.
(b) Accusations of bias.
(c) Accusations of racism.
(d) Assassination attempts.
5. Why was the TRC center in Eastern Cape?
(a) It was cheaper than other options.
(b) Security was easier to manage.
(c) There was no room in Cape Town.
(d) The first race wars were fought there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the location of the first TRC meeting used prior to 1994?
2. What did the Dutch Reformed Church do for the apartheid government prior to 1994?
3. Where was Mandela's wife while he was in prison?
4. Why does Tutu assert Mandela had enormous credibility?
5. How many people died during the Sharpeville Massacre?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)