|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
(c) F.W deKlerk.
2. Why does Tutu assert Mandela had enormous credibility?
(a) He was not broken by his time in prison.
(b) He went to prison for his ideas.
(c) He was the oldest leader alive.
(d) He was a good orator.
3. What political event does Tutu speculate could have helped prevent bloodshed?
(a) The rise of capitalism.
(b) The fall of communism.
(c) The rise of Mandela.
(d) The disbanding of the ANC.
4. What does Tutu say many people thought of the TRC?
(a) They saw it as useless.
(b) They liked it.
(c) They ignored it.
(d) They saw it as immoral.
5. How many people died due to Apartheid terrorism?
(a) 0.5 million.
(b) 3.5 millions.
(c) 1.25 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened during a hearing that made the media wonder if Tutu was the right man to head the TRC?
2. According to Tutu, what had helped him manage the fallout of the TRC problems?
3. Tutu believed the TRC saved South Africa from ______________.
4. What formed a bridge between the oppressive past of South Africa and his free future?
5. According to Tutu, the ANC was not merely ______________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)