|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the African Defense Force used prior to 1994?
(a) To patrol black slums.
(b) To eliminate political opponents.
(c) To deport black people.
(d) To stop "Communism" by president Botha.
2. What board was in charge of reassigning members of the same family based on their color according to Tutu?
(a) The Family Racial Board.
(b) The Good White Family Board.
(c) The Race Classification Board.
(d) The Black Board.
3. What does Tutu say happened on the first day of the TRC hearings?
(a) White men cried.
(b) A black woman died.
(c) A judge fainted.
(d) A bomb scare.
4. What was Tutu's rank in the Church?
5. What did the TRC struggle to avoid?
(a) Accusations of racism.
(b) Assassination attempts.
(c) Accusations of bias.
(d) Attempts at silencing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Tutu to head the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
2. Where were many of the black leaders educated according to Tutu?
3. Tutu was challenged by the media because _______________.
4. What does Tutu say was the main weakness of the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act bill?
5. What does Tutu state cannot be found in South Africa today?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)