|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tutu maintain could also commit terrible crimes?
2. Why was the TRC not popular in some parts according to Tutu?
(a) People didn't want their past revealed.
(b) People wanted revenge.
(c) People didn't want to part with their slaves.
(d) People saw it as a waste of money.
3. What does Tutu state was forcibly segregated?
(b) East London.
(c) The black part of Cape Town.
(d) The cosmopolitan part of Cape Town.
4. Tutu expressed that no one can be ______________and be alone.
5. Why does Tutu say many accepted the apartheid system?
(a) It was good for tourism.
(b) It was profitable.
(c) It was comfortable and familiar.
(d) It was practical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tutu said that he didn't seek a permit for ______________.
2. How many people died during the Sharpeville Massacre?
3. What did Tutu grow to accept as a child?
4. What was the date of the first apartheid legislation in South Africa?
5. What type of crimes were covered by the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act ?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)