|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period did the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act apply to?
(a) 1950 to 1994.
(b) 1965 to 1994.
(c) 1960 to 1994.
(d) 1960 to 1996.
2. What does Tutu say was not required in order to plead guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(a) To be a white Christian.
(c) Knowing others who committed crimes.
3. What does Tutu state the ANC was not exempt of in 1994?
(a) White members.
(c) Leader struggle.
(d) Splinter groups focused on revenge.
4. What does Tutu say Mandela thought the reconciliation had to be?
(a) Headed by black people.
(c) Headed by white people.
5. What does Tutu say was the main weakness of the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act bill?
(a) The judges were all black.
(b) It couldn't impose fines.
(c) It only targeted whites.
(d) Forgiveness was granted immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. The 1994 presidential election in South Africa was certified as being _______________.
2. Why was the TRC not popular in some parts according to Tutu?
3. What does Tutu say happened on the first day of the TRC hearings?
4. How long did Mandela spend in prison?
5. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)