|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What court was Judge Mohamed assigned to, according to Tutu?
(a) Juvenile court.
(b) The Supreme Court of South Africa.
(c) Criminal court.
(d) Constitutional court.
2. What South African town exploded in violence in 1996?
(c) East London.
(d) Cape Town.
3. When was Tutu nominated as the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(a) December 15, 1994.
(b) December 19, 1994.
(c) December 15, 1995.
(d) October 15, 1994.
4. What did Tutu have to do before becoming the Dean of Johannesburg?
(a) Receive an endorsement from the white population.
(b) Register as a black person.
(c) Pledge to the government.
(d) Renounce terrorism.
5. What did Winnie Mandela preside over in 1995?
(a) The ANC women's chapter.
(b) The TRC.
(c) The republic of South African
(d) The ANC women's League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu say impressed many observers and the South African people?
2. What other approach, beside trials, does Tutu believe was not the right one either?
3. What did the Dutch Reformed Church do for the apartheid government prior to 1994?
4. When were the black people of South Africa allowed to vote for the first time according to "Chapter One, The Prelude"?
5. Tutu said the TRC spoke for ______________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)