|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tutu grow to accept as a child?
(b) His father was white.
(c) His race.
(d) His faith.
2. How many "severe violations" does the TRC categorize as "gross" violations of human rights?
3. What does Tutu think would have happened if the prime minister had not rescinded the ban of reform organizations?
(a) A bloodbath.
(b) A victory for the white parties.
(d) A large turn out of voters.
4. Tutu said that he didn't seek a permit for ______________.
(b) Taking a wife.
(c) Staying in his diocese.
(d) Travelling to Oslo.
5. What did people fear would happen on the day of the first election that allowed black people to vote?
(a) White intimidation.
(c) A celebration.
(d) No turn out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Tutu stay at the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
2. How old was Tutu in 1994?
3. How many people sent their statement that they wanted recorded?
4. Where did the former segregationists live in 1994 according to Tutu?
5. What does Tutu state was forcibly segregated?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)