|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, This Is My Brother, I Know These Shoes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political ideologies did the ANC encompass according to Tutu?
(a) From communist to Marxist.
(b) From Marxist to dictatorial.
(c) From Marxist to libertarian.
(d) From democratic to Marxist.
2. What does Tutu say the trials under Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act ensured?
(a) Christians would not be found guilty.
(b) Public humiliation.
(c) The public would know who to get revenge against.
(d) Knowledge of the law.
3. What does Tutu say was not required in order to plead guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(b) Knowing others who committed crimes.
(d) To be a white Christian.
4. What did the black government choose not to do after the end of South Africa's segregation?
(a) Let the white people leave the country.
(b) Rescind racist laws.
(c) Not to kill all white people.
(d) Create Nuremberg like trials.
5. Tutu states freedom would be exchanged for _____________.
(b) A pound of flesh.
(c) Denouncing someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who participated in a special unit task force in Tutu's story?
2. What does Tutu say happened to black people injured on the side of the road when an ambulance for whites arrived in the story he recounted?
3. What does Tutu say of the politicians who crafted the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
4. What did Tutu have to do before becoming the Dean of Johannesburg?
5. What does Tutu think would have happened if the prime minister had not rescinded the ban of reform organizations?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)