|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the TRC hold its first hearing?
(a) May, 1996.
(b) April, 1996.
(c) April, 1997.
(d) April, 1998.
2. Who composed the ANC as of 1994?
(a) One black and one white party.
(b) One thousand people.
(c) A large coalition of political groups.
(d) Two ethnic groups.
3. How old was Nelson Mandela in 1994?
(a) 66 years old.
(b) 76 years old.
(c) 56 years old.
(d) 75 years old.
4. What church is Desmond Tutu a part of?
5. What did Tutu have to do before becoming the Dean of Johannesburg?
(a) Register as a black person.
(b) Receive an endorsement from the white population.
(c) Renounce terrorism.
(d) Pledge to the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tutu marvel at in "Chapter Five, Up and Running"?
2. What type of crimes were covered by the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act ?
3. When was the new president of South Africa inaugurated?
4. What board was in charge of reassigning members of the same family based on their color according to Tutu?
5. What does Tutu express about Mandela even when he was in prison?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)