|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu say was in one's self interest?
(a) To kill the oppressors.
(b) To forget.
(c) To leave the country.
(d) To forgive.
2. What does Tutu say many people thought of the TRC?
(a) They saw it as immoral.
(b) They liked it.
(c) They ignored it.
(d) They saw it as useless.
3. What court was Judge Mohamed assigned to, according to Tutu?
(a) Juvenile court.
(b) Criminal court.
(c) The Supreme Court of South Africa.
(d) Constitutional court.
4. What does Tutu think would have happened if the prime minister had not rescinded the ban of reform organizations?
(b) A victory for the white parties.
(c) A large turn out of voters.
(d) A bloodbath.
5. What was Tutu's rank in the Church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did those pleading guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act get?
2. The 1994 presidential election in South Africa was certified as being _______________.
3. How many judges did Mandela have to nominate for the TRC?
4. How many people died during the Sharpeville Massacre?
5. Where did the former segregationists live in 1994 according to Tutu?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)