|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tutu grow to accept as a child?
(a) His father was white.
(c) His faith.
(d) His race.
2. Who does Tutu state was the "high priest" of South Africa segregation?
(a) Desmond Tutu.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd.
(d) Dr. Henry Vanderbilt.
3. Who asked Tutu to head the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(a) Tutu volunteered.
(b) The United Nations.
(d) The President of the United States.
4. How many goals did Tutu set for himself after his ordination in 1986?
(a) Nine goals.
(b) Two goals.
(c) Three goals.
(d) Four goals.
5. How does Tutu explain why there was no bloodshed during the end of Apartheid?
(a) The blacks had no weapons.
(b) It was the right time.
(c) The army was deployed everywhere.
(d) The whites fled the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of justice do most people inherently think of?
2. How many judges did Mandela have to nominate for the TRC?
3. Tutu states freedom would be exchanged for _____________.
4. What formed a bridge between the oppressive past of South Africa and his free future?
5. What prize did Tutu win in 1984?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)