|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu express about Mandela even when he was in prison?
(a) He was controling the ANC.
(b) He was forgotten.
(c) He was a dramatic force.
(d) He was silenced.
2. What prize did Tutu win in 1984?
(a) Distinguished Service Prize.
(b) Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) Global Peace Prize.
(d) International Peace Prize.
3. Why was the new government still vulnerable according to Tutu?
(a) The army was the real power holder.
(b) Security forces were still white only.
(c) Political rivalry within the ANC.
(d) There was no support for democracy.
4. What was the TRC according to Tutu in "Chapter Four, What About Justice"?
(a) Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
(b) Truth about Race Crimes.
(c) Truth and Revenge Commission.
(d) Truth and Race Commission.
5. Who would have been quick to lie in case of trials, according to Tutu?
(a) Police men.
(b) High ranking officials.
(c) Army officers.
(d) White people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tutu state was the "high priest" of South Africa segregation?
2. Tutu described the struggle for racial equality as being a ______________.
3. Where was the first TRC meeting held?
4. What does Tutu say happened to black people injured on the side of the road when an ambulance for whites arrived in the story he recounted?
5. What did Tutu marvel at in "Chapter Five, Up and Running"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)