|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what conditions were the trials under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act held?
(a) On television.
(b) Outside the country.
(c) Closed to the public.
(d) Open to the public.
2. What does Tutu say was in one's self interest?
(a) To forget.
(b) To forgive.
(c) To leave the country.
(d) To kill the oppressors.
3. What period did the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act apply to?
(a) 1960 to 1994.
(b) 1965 to 1994.
(c) 1960 to 1996.
(d) 1950 to 1994.
4. What type of justice do most people inherently think of?
(a) Retributive justice.
(b) Quick justice.
(c) Mob justice.
(d) Restorative justice.
5. What board was in charge of reassigning members of the same family based on their color according to Tutu?
(a) The Family Racial Board.
(b) The Race Classification Board.
(c) The Black Board.
(d) The Good White Family Board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did those pleading guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act get?
2. How long did Tutu stay at the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
3. What were the victims asked to do on behalf of freedom from the past according to Tutu?
4. When was the new president of South Africa inaugurated?
5. What did many people see the TRC doing?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)