|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Up and Running.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu express about Mandela even when he was in prison?
(a) He was controling the ANC.
(b) He was forgotten.
(c) He was silenced.
(d) He was a dramatic force.
2. How long did Mandela spend in prison?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 27 years.
(d) 32 years.
3. How did Tutu find the work at the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(d) Difficult and exhilarating.
4. Tutu said the TRC spoke for ______________.
(a) White people.
(b) The victims.
(c) Black people.
(d) The oppressors.
5. How did Tutu qualify the South African peace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who participated in a special unit task force in Tutu's story?
2. Where did the former segregationists live in 1994 according to Tutu?
3. Why does Tutu assert Mandela had enormous credibility?
4. What does Tutu think would have happened if the prime minister had not rescinded the ban of reform organizations?
5. How many amnesty applications did the TRC have at the time of its first meeting, according to Tutu?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)