|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Up and Running.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nelson Mandela in 1994?
(a) 76 years old.
(b) 66 years old.
(c) 75 years old.
(d) 56 years old.
2. How many amnesty applications did the TRC have at the time of its first meeting, according to Tutu?
3. What does Tutu say impressed many observers and the South African people?
(a) Mandela's dignity.
(b) Mandela's writing skills.
(c) Mandela's resilience to torture.
(d) Mandela's willpower.
4. What does Tutu say was not required in order to plead guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(b) Knowing others who committed crimes.
(d) To be a white Christian.
5. What type of justice do most people inherently think of?
(a) Retributive justice.
(b) Mob justice.
(c) Quick justice.
(d) Restorative justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the location of the first TRC meeting used prior to 1994?
2. What does Tutu state no one admitted defending after its end according to "Chapter Two, Nuremberg or National Amnesia? A Third Way"?
3. The 1994 presidential election in South Africa was certified as being _______________.
4. Tutu states freedom would be exchanged for _____________.
5. What foreign leader's extradition did Tutu say he supported?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)