|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Up and Running.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was December 16th designated as prior to 1994?
(a) Dingaan's Day.
(b) Apartheid day.
(c) Racist day.
(d) Racial equality day.
2. What does Tutu say was not required in order to plead guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(a) To be a white Christian.
(d) Knowing others who committed crimes.
3. According to Tutu, the ANC was not merely ______________.
(a) A communist party.
(b) Mandela's movement.
(c) A capitalist opposer.
(d) A black movement.
4. What does Tutu say impressed many observers and the South African people?
(a) Mandela's dignity.
(b) Mandela's resilience to torture.
(c) Mandela's writing skills.
(d) Mandela's willpower.
5. What political ideologies did the ANC encompass according to Tutu?
(a) From Marxist to libertarian.
(b) From democratic to Marxist.
(c) From Marxist to dictatorial.
(d) From communist to Marxist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tutu decide to vote for the first election open to black people?
2. Why does Tutu assert Mandela had enormous credibility?
3. What does Tutu state no one admitted defending after its end according to "Chapter Two, Nuremberg or National Amnesia? A Third Way"?
4. According to Tutu, voting in South Africa was _______________.
5. Who does Tutu state was the "high priest" of South Africa segregation?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)