|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Up and Running.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu express about Mandela even when he was in prison?
(a) He was forgotten.
(b) He was a dramatic force.
(c) He was controling the ANC.
(d) He was silenced.
2. What does Tutu say was the main weakness of the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act bill?
(a) The judges were all black.
(b) It only targeted whites.
(c) Forgiveness was granted immediately.
(d) It couldn't impose fines.
3. What formed a bridge between the oppressive past of South Africa and his free future?
(a) Nelson Mandela.
(b) The constitution.
(c) The guilty verdict against the ex-president.
(d) The blood of the oppressors.
4. What does Tutu say was not required in order to plead guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(b) Knowing others who committed crimes.
(c) To be a white Christian.
5. Who was Prime Minister in South Africa in 1996?
(a) B.J. Vorster.
(b) A.J. Vanderburgh.
(c) T.C. Williams.
(d) H.B. Berk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goals did Tutu set for himself after his ordination in 1986?
2. What political ideologies did the ANC encompass according to Tutu?
3. Tutu states freedom would be exchanged for _____________.
4. What does Tutu state the ANC was not exempt of in 1994?
5. What prize did Tutu win in 1984?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)