|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, In the Fullness of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the 1994 presidential election?
(a) Robert Butha.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Mangosuthu Buthelezi.
(d) Demond Tutu.
2. Why does Tutu assert Mandela had enormous credibility?
(a) He was a good orator.
(b) He was the oldest leader alive.
(c) He was not broken by his time in prison.
(d) He went to prison for his ideas.
3. What does Tutu think would have happened if the prime minister had not rescinded the ban of reform organizations?
(b) A victory for the white parties.
(c) A bloodbath.
(d) A large turn out of voters.
4. What prize did Tutu win in 1984?
(a) Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) Global Peace Prize.
(c) International Peace Prize.
(d) Distinguished Service Prize.
5. When were the black people of South Africa allowed to vote for the first time according to "Chapter One, The Prelude"?
(a) April 27, 1994.
(b) April 27, 1994.
(c) April 17, 1994.
(d) March 28, 1994.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
2. Who composed the ANC as of 1994?
3. What post did the "high priest" of South Africa segregation hold?
4. What did people fear would happen on the day of the first election that allowed black people to vote?
5. What political event does Tutu speculate could have helped prevent bloodshed?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)