|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Nuremberg or National Amnesia? A Third Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foreign leader's extradition did Tutu say he supported?
2. Who was Prime Minister in South Africa in 1996?
(a) T.C. Williams.
(b) A.J. Vanderburgh.
(c) B.J. Vorster.
(d) H.B. Berk.
3. Tutu states freedom would be exchanged for _____________.
(a) A pound of flesh.
(d) Denouncing someone.
4. What did people fear would happen on the day of the first election that allowed black people to vote?
(b) A celebration.
(c) White intimidation.
(d) No turn out.
5. What other approach, beside trials, does Tutu believe was not the right one either?
(a) Blanket amnesty.
(c) Death squads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tutu said that he didn't seek a permit for ______________.
2. Why were the unarmed schoolchildren shot and killed during the Soweto violence in 1976?
3. How many people died during the Sharpeville Massacre?
4. What post did the "high priest" of South Africa segregation hold?
5. According to Tutu, voting in South Africa was _______________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)