|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the TRC's neutrality questioned at the start of its mandate?
(a) The judges had no experience.
(b) The TRC was all black.
(c) Many staff were white.
(d) Mandela refused to testify.
2. Why do some ANC members have to go before the TRC commission?
(a) To justify the killing of white school children.
(b) To testify against Winnie Mandela.
(c) Because of bombings by the ANC.
(d) To testify against prison guards.
3. What formed a bridge between the oppressive past of South Africa and his free future?
(a) The guilty verdict against the ex-president.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) The blood of the oppressors.
(d) The constitution.
4. How many people died during the Sharpeville Massacre?
(a) 76 people.
(b) 59 people.
(c) 25 people.
(d) 69 people.
5. How long did Tutu stay at the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the TRC not popular in some parts according to Tutu?
2. What did many apartheid supporters say they saw anti-apartheid movements as being during their TRC hearing?
3. What did the Dutch Reformed Church do for the apartheid government prior to 1994?
4. When was the ANC created?
5. What were the victims asked to do on behalf of freedom from the past according to Tutu?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)