|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tutu, what had helped him manage the fallout of the TRC problems?
(a) Self confidence.
(b) Control over the media.
(d) A good media director.
2. What was December 16th designated as prior to 1994?
(a) Apartheid day.
(b) Dingaan's Day.
(c) Racial equality day.
(d) Racist day.
3. Where did the former segregationists live in 1994 according to Tutu?
(a) Still in South Africa.
(b) In Mozambique.
(c) In Europe.
(d) In South America.
4. Tutu alerted the Anglican Communion of ______________.
(a) Racist preachers.
(b) Non believers in the TRC.
(c) A need for prayer.
(d) Whites not communing.
5. How did Tutu find the work at the head of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(c) Difficult and exhilarating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tutu first suggest that TRC members do before abandoning the idea in face of protests?
2. What formed a bridge between the oppressive past of South Africa and his free future?
3. How many ministers were on the TRC board the first year?
4. What court was Judge Mohamed assigned to, according to Tutu?
5. What does Tutu say was the main weakness of the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act bill?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)