|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, We Did Not Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period did the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act apply to?
(a) 1950 to 1994.
(b) 1965 to 1994.
(c) 1960 to 1994.
(d) 1960 to 1996.
2. What did Tutu do while Winnie Mandela was in exile?
(a) He transmitted her correspondence.
(b) He took her communion.
(c) He allowed her to move abroad.
(d) He hid her location.
3. Tutu said the TRC spoke for ______________.
(a) The oppressors.
(b) Black people.
(c) White people.
(d) The victims.
4. What foreign leader's extradition did Tutu say he supported?
5. According to Tutu, the ANC was not merely ______________.
(a) A black movement.
(b) Mandela's movement.
(c) A capitalist opposer.
(d) A communist party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the goal of the TRC according to Tutu?
2. Who does Tutu state was the "high priest" of South Africa segregation?
3. What did those pleading guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act get?
4. When were the black people of South Africa allowed to vote for the first time according to "Chapter One, The Prelude"?
5. What does Tutu assert many people did at the TRC?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)