|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, What About Justice?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political event does Tutu speculate could have helped prevent bloodshed?
(a) The rise of Mandela.
(b) The fall of communism.
(c) The disbanding of the ANC.
(d) The rise of capitalism.
2. Why was the new government still vulnerable according to Tutu?
(a) Political rivalry within the ANC.
(b) The army was the real power holder.
(c) There was no support for democracy.
(d) Security forces were still white only.
3. What does Tutu say of the politicians who crafted the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(a) They were self interested.
(b) They were saints.
(c) They were white.
(d) They were going too fast.
4. What South African town exploded in violence in 1996?
(a) Cape Town.
(d) East London.
5. What does Tutu say was not required in order to plead guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
(a) Knowing others who committed crimes.
(d) To be a white Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of crimes were covered by the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act ?
2. What church is Desmond Tutu a part of?
3. What does Tutu state the ANC was not exempt of in 1994?
4. The 1994 presidential election in South Africa was certified as being _______________.
5. How does Tutu explain why there was no bloodshed during the end of Apartheid?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)