|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu say happened on the first day of the TRC hearings?
(a) A bomb scare.
(b) A judge fainted.
(c) A black woman died.
(d) White men cried.
2. Tutu described the struggle for racial equality as being a ______________.
(a) Struggle between good and bad.
(b) Religious struggle.
(c) Struggle between past and future.
(d) Struggle between right and wrong.
3. What does the prime minister convince the white population it was in their best interest to do?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Give away their money.
(c) Take over the army.
4. What does Tutu say was in one's self interest?
(a) To forgive.
(b) To kill the oppressors.
(c) To forget.
(d) To leave the country.
5. What formed a bridge between the oppressive past of South Africa and his free future?
(a) The blood of the oppressors.
(b) The guilty verdict against the ex-president.
(c) The constitution.
(d) Nelson Mandela.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were many of the black leaders educated according to Tutu?
2. When was dehumanization reciprocal according to Tutu in "Chapter Three, In the Fullness of Time"?
3. Who was Mandela's wife?
4. What were the victims asked to do on behalf of freedom from the past according to Tutu?
5. What does Tutu think would have happened if the prime minister had not rescinded the ban of reform organizations?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)