|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was put in place after the presidential election of 1994?
(a) A new elite guard.
(b) A new constitution.
(c) A new parliament.
(d) A new army.
2. According to Tutu, the ANC was not merely ______________.
(a) A black movement.
(b) A communist party.
(c) A capitalist opposer.
(d) Mandela's movement.
3. When was dehumanization reciprocal according to Tutu in "Chapter Three, In the Fullness of Time"?
(a) When oppressors go free.
(b) When victims were dead.
(c) When the oppressors were hurt.
(d) When victims could have vengeance.
4. What period did the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act apply to?
(a) 1950 to 1994.
(b) 1960 to 1996.
(c) 1960 to 1994.
(d) 1965 to 1994.
5. Who was Mandela's wife?
(a) Nelly Mandela.
(b) Susan Mandela.
(c) Winnie Mandela.
(d) Martha Mandela.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man in one of the TRC cases do after smelling the burning corpse of a murdered victim?
2. What type of justice do most people inherently think of?
3. According to Tutu, what would forgetting the past do to the segregation victims?
4. What does Tutu say was in one's self interest?
5. How many black people were removed from their homes by the racist regime of South Africa?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)