|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the TRC center in Eastern Cape?
(a) The first race wars were fought there.
(b) There was no room in Cape Town.
(c) Security was easier to manage.
(d) It was cheaper than other options.
2. What does Tutu say God feels for his creation?
3. When did the TRC hold its first hearing?
(a) April, 1997.
(b) April, 1998.
(c) April, 1996.
(d) May, 1996.
4. What does Tutu say of the whites that came forward to the TRC?
(a) They were coerced.
(b) They were cowards.
(c) They were scared.
(d) They were remarkable.
5. What does the prime minister convince the white population it was in their best interest to do?
(b) Take over the army.
(c) Give away their money.
(d) Leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Mandela spend in prison?
2. What board was in charge of reassigning members of the same family based on their color according to Tutu?
3. According to Tutu, what would forgetting the past do to the segregation victims?
4. What type of justice do most people inherently think of?
5. Who does Tutu state was the "high priest" of South Africa segregation?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)