|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, We Do Want To Forgive, But We Don't Know Whom To Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tutu say many people thought of the TRC?
(a) They liked it.
(b) They ignored it.
(c) They saw it as useless.
(d) They saw it as immoral.
2. What does Tutu say happened on the first day of the TRC hearings?
(a) White men cried.
(b) A judge fainted.
(c) A black woman died.
(d) A bomb scare.
3. Why were the unarmed schoolchildren shot and killed during the Soweto violence in 1976?
(a) For protesting.
(b) For looting.
(c) For not saluting the flag.
(d) For going to school.
4. What was put in place after the presidential election of 1994?
(a) A new parliament.
(b) A new elite guard.
(c) A new army.
(d) A new constitution.
5. What did those pleading guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act get?
(a) A fine.
(b) A deferred sentence.
(c) Full amnesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu say was not required in order to plead guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
2. Who participated in a special unit task force in Tutu's story?
3. What does Tutu assert sometimes happened to those pleading guilty under the Promotion of National Unity and Reconciliation Act?
4. Why was the new government still vulnerable according to Tutu?
5. What political event does Tutu speculate could have helped prevent bloodshed?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)