|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the worst part of South African Apartheid start?
2. What did the TRC struggle to avoid?
(a) Attempts at silencing it.
(b) Assassination attempts.
(c) Accusations of racism.
(d) Accusations of bias.
3. How many black people were removed from their homes by the racist regime of South Africa?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 3.5 million.
(c) 3.9 million.
(d) 4.5 million.
4. What does Tutu say of the whites that came forward to the TRC?
(a) They were cowards.
(b) They were remarkable.
(c) They were coerced.
(d) They were scared.
5. Who composed the ANC as of 1994?
(a) Two ethnic groups.
(b) One thousand people.
(c) One black and one white party.
(d) A large coalition of political groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu express about Mandela even when he was in prison?
2. What does Tutu say impressed many observers and the South African people?
3. Tutu described the struggle for racial equality as being a ______________.
4. How many volumes did the TRC commission issue on Winnie Mandela?
5. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)