|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prime minister convince the white population it was in their best interest to do?
(a) Give away their money.
(b) Leave the country.
(d) Take over the army.
2. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
(b) F.W deKlerk.
3. According to Tutu, what had helped him manage the fallout of the TRC problems?
(a) A good media director.
(c) Self confidence.
(d) Control over the media.
4. When was the ANC created?
5. What does Tutu express about Mandela even when he was in prison?
(a) He was a dramatic force.
(b) He was forgotten.
(c) He was controling the ANC.
(d) He was silenced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu say happened on the first day of the TRC hearings?
2. Why was the TRC's neutrality questioned at the start of its mandate?
3. What political event does Tutu speculate could have helped prevent bloodshed?
4. Why was the TRC not popular in some parts according to Tutu?
5. Why does Tutu assert Mandela had enormous credibility?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)