|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the TRC center in Eastern Cape?
(a) It was cheaper than other options.
(b) The first race wars were fought there.
(c) There was no room in Cape Town.
(d) Security was easier to manage.
2. How many volumes did the TRC commission issue on Winnie Mandela?
3. How does Tutu explain why there was no bloodshed during the end of Apartheid?
(a) It was the right time.
(b) The whites fled the country.
(c) The army was deployed everywhere.
(d) The blacks had no weapons.
4. When did the worst part of South African Apartheid start?
5. Who composed the ANC as of 1994?
(a) A large coalition of political groups.
(b) One black and one white party.
(c) One thousand people.
(d) Two ethnic groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tutu state the ANC was not exempt of in 1994?
2. What did Tutu wonder he should have done according to "Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job"?
3. How many black people were removed from their homes by the racist regime of South Africa?
4. What does Tutu say of the whites that came forward to the TRC?
5. Where were many of the black leaders educated according to Tutu?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)