|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date of the first apartheid legislation in South Africa?
2. How long did Mandela spend in prison?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 32 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. Tutu expressed that no one can be ______________and be alone.
4. Why did Tutu fight to prevent the TRC from giving a special hearing to the ANC?
(a) Tutu wanted to keep the ANC out of the TRC hearings.
(b) The TRC didn't have the time.
(c) To avoid looking like a lackey of the ANC.
(d) The ANC had already held its hearing.
5. What does Tutu state was forcibly segregated?
(b) The black part of Cape Town.
(c) The cosmopolitan part of Cape Town.
(d) East London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the TRC not popular in some parts according to Tutu?
2. What does Tutu say impressed many observers and the South African people?
3. What was the TRC in charge of providing according to "Chapter Six, A Victim Hearing"?
4. What does Tutu think would have happened if the prime minister had not rescinded the ban of reform organizations?
5. What did Tutu have to do before becoming the Dean of Johannesburg?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)