|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Why The Heck Am I Doing This Thankless Job?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the TRC not popular in some parts according to Tutu?
(a) People didn't want their past revealed.
(b) People didn't want to part with their slaves.
(c) People saw it as a waste of money.
(d) People wanted revenge.
2. What prime minister rescinded the ban of political organization like the ANC?
(b) F.W deKlerk.
3. What part of the New Testament does Tutu say the supporters of Apartheid chose to ignore?
(a) The commandment about killing one another.
(b) The believers' pledge to attend church.
(c) The diversity of human beings.
(d) The endorsement of the infinite worth of human beings.
4. What did Tutu grow to accept as a child?
(a) His father was white.
(c) His faith.
(d) His race.
5. What does Tutu maintain oppressors can do to their victims?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Make them feel worthless.
(d) Make them doubt they are children of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the TRC hold its first hearing?
2. How long did Mandela spend in prison?
3. What does Tutu say of the whites that came forward to the TRC?
4. What could Apartheid supporters not plead according to Tutu?
5. Tutu stated the South African regime was _____________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)