|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Moss buy in San Antonio?
2. What city do Carla Jean and her mother head to after leaving Odessa?
3. What is the reason Chigurh gives for killing the person in #97 with buckshot?
4. What does Moss tell the hitchhiker about his wound?
5. What does Bell pass on his way to Van Horn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bell call for reinforcements and how does Chigurh elude them?
2. What does Moss ask the hitchhiker to promise him she will do?
3. Why does Chigurh do a coin toss before killing Carla Jean?
4. What do Bell and Ellis discuss regarding regrets?
5. How does Carla Jean react when Moss calls her to tell her and her mother to leave the house?
6. Why is David lying about no one being with him at the scene of the traffic accident on the night Carla Jean was killed?
7. What witness does Catron produce for Bell to speak with about the traffic accident?
8. Why does Moss pick up the hitchhiker in San Antonio?
9. How is Moss' offer to give up the money thwarted by Chigurh?
10. How is Bell led to the hotel in Van Horn and what does he discover when he gets there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Loretta Bell. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two examples about greed in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of greed.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Moss' hitchhiker. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the hitchhiker character in the novel?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)