|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bell find when he returns to the hotel room where the murders were committed?
2. What does Chigurh do to try to determine the destination of Carla Jean and her mother?
3. Where is the hitchhiker's destination?
4. What refreshment does the man in #145 offer to Bell?
5. What does the hitchhiker offer Moss in exchange for the money he gave her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who in the family has kept in contact with Uncle Ellis and what does he already know about Bell before Bell can tell him?
2. How does the hitchhiker react when Moss gives her a thousand dollars?
3. What do Bell and Ellis discuss regarding regrets?
4. How does Carla Jean react when Moss calls her to tell her and her mother to leave the house?
5. Why does Moss pick up the hitchhiker in San Antonio?
6. Why does Bell call for reinforcements and how does Chigurh elude them?
7. Why is Chigurh waiting for Carla Jean when she returns home from her grandmother's funeral?
8. How is Bell led to the hotel in Van Horn and what does he discover when he gets there?
9. What does Bell learn about the night of the traffic accident from talking to David's friend?
10. What does Moss tell the hitchhiker about his life and its turn of events?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of evil. Identify at least two examples about evil in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of evil.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Sheriff Bell. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Llewelyn Moss. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)