|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
2. What does Moss tell Carla Jean that he has done?
3. Which of the following does Chigurh NOT take from the drugstore?
4. What happens when word of the murders starts getting around?
5. How does Chigurh obtain a getaway car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Moss and Chigurh in Moss' hotel room.
2. How has crime escalated from the time that Moss first took office in law enforcement?
3. How does Chigurh secure the medical items he needs?
4. What does Wells tell Moss that his job is regarding Chigurh?
5. How does Chigurh locate the bag of money?
6. What happens as news of the murders begins to spread?
7. What does Moss discover as he is out hunting antelope?
8. How is Moss injured while escaping his hotel and when does he finally get some medical attention?
9. Where does Moss stash the bag of money and why does he have the cab driver take him to a different hotel?
10. How is Chigurh able to overcome the deputy in the jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Moss' hitchhiker. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the hitchhiker character in the novel?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)