|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the victims told the sheriff that _________________ started the fight.
(a) another guest.
(b) the maid.
(c) the Mexican.
(d) the hotel clerk.
2. What does Moss ask the hitchhiker if she will do?
(a) Drive the truck.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Stop smoking.
(d) Find a good station on the radio.
3. With which police department does the detective in #158 work?
(a) Van Horn.
(d) El Paso.
4. What is Chigurh's response when Moss asks where Wells is?
(a) Wells has flown home.
(b) Wells can't help him anymore.
(c) Wells is no longer working the case.
(d) Wells is in the shower.
5. Who does Bell call after leaving the hotel room crime scene the second time?
(a) The sheriff's office.
(c) Carla Jean.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Ellis ask Bell?
2. From where does Chigurh watch the police activity at the hotel in Van Horn?
3. What illness does Carla Jean's mother have?
4. What does Carla Jean agree to do if Moss gives the money back?
5. How many desk clerks have been killed in the Eagle Pass hotel in less than a week?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who in the family has kept in contact with Uncle Ellis and what does he already know about Bell before Bell can tell him?
2. What does Bell tell Ellis about his greatest regret in life?
3. What major decision has Bell made about his life and how does he feel about it when he gets a call from Detective Cook in Odessa?
4. What does Moss tell the border guards in order to let him pass?
5. What does Bell learn about the night of the traffic accident from talking to David's friend?
6. What do Bell and Ellis discuss regarding regrets?
7. What does Chigurh explain while shooting the man who sent Carson Wells to kill him?
8. How does Carla Jean's mother feel about having to leave her home in Odessa to go into hiding?
9. Why does Bell call for reinforcements and how does Chigurh elude them?
10. Which relative does Bell visit in this section?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)