|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Chigurh watch the police activity at the hotel in Van Horn?
(a) From the parking lot.
(b) From his car.
(c) From a restaurant.
(d) From another hotel.
2. How does Loretta keep in touch with Bell's relative?
(a) She emails him.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She sends letters.
(d) She visits him.
3. Which relative does Bell visit in Chapter 9?
(a) Uncle Ellis.
(b) Uncle Bob.
(c) Uncle Ray.
(d) Uncle Charles.
4. Moss calls a cab to take him to which city?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) El Paso.
5. How does Chigurh kill Carla Jean?
(a) Shoots her.
(b) Drowns her.
(c) Stabs her.
(d) Strangles her.
6. Which of the following does NOT happen to Chigurh in a car accident?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) Multiple lacerations.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Fractured pelvis.
7. What does Moss buy when he arrives in San Antonio?
(a) A gun.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A coat.
(d) A cell phone.
8. What does Carla Jean agree to do if Moss gives the money back?
(a) Move to California.
(b) Hide out.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Learn to shoot a gun.
9. Where is the truck stop in #119 located?
(c) Santa Rosa.
10. Who does Moss call when he is in the hospital?
(a) Carla Jean.
11. Carla Jean tells Chigurh that she has spent the money on _________________.
(a) college education.
(c) a new car.
(d) a new house.
12. What does Bell tell Carla Jean when he goes to find her in El Paso?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) You were right.
(c) Come with me now.
(d) Please stay here.
13. What does Bell see at the hotel in Van Horn?
(a) State police cars with their lights on.
(b) An ambulance.
(c) An Airstream trailer convention.
(d) A group of people watching a knife fight.
14. Why does Bell choose this time to tell the story of his one regret?
(a) He is thinking of telling Loretta.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He wants to relieve his conscience.
(d) He wants forgiveness.
15. What does Bell find when he returns to the hotel room where the murders were committed?
(a) The air duct grille and screws are lying on a table.
(b) Some shell casings.
(c) The crime scene tape is gone.
(d) Empty beer cans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys take from Chigurh's truck after he leaves?
2. When does Carla Jean's grandmother die?
3. Why will the Eagle Pass hotel unlikely reopen?
4. What does the hitchhiker offer Moss in exchange for the money he gave her?
5. Who answers Wells' phone when Moss tries to call him?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)