|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moss offers the cab driver __________ to make some money without breaking the law.
2. Why does Chigurh say that he has to kill Carla Jean?
(a) It is retribution for his wounds.
(b) He promised Moss he would do it.
(c) He was ordered to do it.
(d) Because she has seen his face.
3. What refreshment does the man in #145 offer to Bell?
(b) Milk shake.
(d) Iced Tea.
4. One of the victims told the sheriff that _________________ started the fight.
(a) the maid.
(b) the hotel clerk.
(c) the Mexican.
(d) another guest.
5. What does Chigurh do to try to determine the destination of Carla Jean and her mother?
(a) Calls the airlines.
(b) Calls some family members.
(c) Looks through her bills.
(d) Asks the neighbors.
6. Where is the hitchhiker's destination?
7. With which police department does the detective in #158 work?
(b) Van Horn.
(c) El Paso.
8. What does Bell ask his Uncle Ellis?
(a) Why he married Aunt Mildred.
(b) What his biggest regret in life is.
(c) Why he never went to church.
(d) Why he didn't go to college.
9. What does Bell tell Carla Jean when he goes to find her in El Paso?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) Please stay here.
(c) You were right.
(d) Come with me now.
10. Which of the following does NOT describe Carla Jean's demeanor when Moss tells her she should leave?
11. What does Moss ask the hitchhiker to promise to do?
(a) Send him a postcard from her destination.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Stop doing drugs.
(d) Take a bus safely to her destination.
12. What does Uncle Ellis ask Bell?
(a) If he ever did anything he was ashamed of.
(b) If he ever really loved Loretta.
(c) If he remembers where he left the shovel.
(d) If he could loan him some money.
13. Who does Chigurh kill at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) The man who sent Carson Wells to kill him.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A gas station attendant.
(d) A grocery store manager.
14. What kind of vehicle does Moss buy in San Antonio?
(a) Chevy Blazer.
(c) Ford pickup.
(d) Pontiac Trans Am.
15. What does Moss buy when he arrives in San Antonio?
(a) A gun.
(b) A coat.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision has Bell made in his life?
2. How many desk clerks have been killed in the Eagle Pass hotel in less than a week?
3. What does Carla Jean agree to do if Moss gives the money back?
4. What is Moss wearing when he leaves the hospital?
5. Why has the detective in #158 called Bell?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)