|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carson Wells' profession?
(a) Police officer.
2. Chigurh finds a listing for a/an __________________ in a phone book.
3. What is Moss pondering at the beginning of Chapter II?
(a) Whether or not he should go back to school.
(b) If he and Carla Jean will stay married.
(c) If he should turn in the guns he found.
(d) If law enforcement is more dangerous now than it used to be.
4. What happens when word of the murders starts getting around?
(a) Reporters start showing up.
(b) Children are not allowed to play outside.
(c) People don't go out after dark.
(d) Women travel in pairs.
5. Which of the following does Moss NOT do in Fort Stockton?
(a) Promises to call his wife in a few days.
(b) Says goodbye to his wife.
(c) Visits an old friend.
(d) Takes his bag and the document case.
6. Where is Chigurh when the novel begins?
7. Where does Moss stash the money at the Trail Motel?
(a) Under a loose board in the floor.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In a safe.
(d) An air duct vent.
8. What is a wadcutter?
(a) A cigar tool.
(b) A lawn mower.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A bullet.
9. Who does Wells notice is shot dead in a rocking chair at the hotel?
(a) A child.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) A young mother.
(d) An old woman.
10. How has the person in #15 been killed?
(c) Shot through the forehead.
11. What does Torbet stop to remove from the road on his way to Sonora?
(a) A fallen tree.
(b) A dead red tail hawk.
(c) Bags of garbage.
(d) A dead deer.
12. Why does Chigurh leave the hotel?
(a) He doesn't have enough money to stay longer.
(b) He is too restless to stay.
(c) He needs to get home for a funeral.
(d) He sees some deputies sizing him up at dinner.
13. What does Llewelyn Moss notice through his binoculars?
14. Why has Bell come to Odessa to see Carla Jean?
(a) To ask her to contact Moss.
(b) To find out where Moss is.
(c) To take her to the hospital.
(d) To take her home.
15. How many bodies have been found at the crime scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the DEA agent who arrives at the crime scene?
2. What does Moss tell Carla Jean that he has done?
3. Where does Carla Jean tell Bell that Moss is located?
4. Which of the following does Sheriff Bell NOT tell Torbet to do?
5. Who does Bell invite to come along with him to a crime scene?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)