|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 5, who has been vaporized?
2. What does the Party claim to have invented?
(c) The wheel.
3. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) On the ground floor.
(b) On the top floor of the Ministry of Love.
(c) Deep underground.
(d) Near a window, judging by the fresh-smelling air.
4. What will be the one certain thing about Winston's death?
(a) That the time can't be expected.
(b) It will be certain.
(c) That it will be painful.
(d) That it will erase him.
5. What is the most feared place in the Ministry of Love?
(a) Room 666.
(b) The Room of Pain.
(c) Room 101.
(d) Room X.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oceania at war with in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. What is the object of power, according to O'Brien?
3. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
4. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)