|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
(a) So O'Brien can give Winston his address.
(b) There is no reason for the encounter.
(c) So O'Brien can give Winston a book.
(d) So O'Brien can warn Winston about information the Thought Police have on him.
2. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
(a) A warm welcoming manner.
(b) A peculiar grave courtesy.
(c) An odd humourous tone.
(d) A strange sort of tick.
3. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Deep underground.
(b) Near a window, judging by the fresh-smelling air.
(c) On the top floor of the Ministry of Love.
(d) On the ground floor.
4. What was the only way for Winston to save himself in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) To hand over information about the Brotherhood.
(b) To put somebody between himself and the rats.
(c) To become an Inner Party member like O'Brien.
(d) To slit his wrists with the smuggled razor blade.
5. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) At the Community Center.
(b) With Julia.
(c) At a rally.
(d) At home, writing in his diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were rats a common punishment?
2. What is the title of Emmanuel Goldstein's book?
3. Does Winston believe in God?
4. What is not statistical, as stated in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)