|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what do Winston and Julia not discuss the possibility?
(c) Living together.
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) 6079 Smith W.
(b) Winston Smith 6079.
(c) 6079 W.S.
(d) W. Smith 6079.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
5. How many times has Julia had sex?
(a) Hundreds of times.
(b) Dozens of times.
(c) She's a virgin.
(d) Scores of times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
2. The Enemy of the People is...
3. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What is the resistance to the Party called?
5. What fell on Colchester?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance is behind Winston's dream about his mother? How might she have died?
2. What might the woman singing in the street symbolizes?
3. Who was comrade Ogilvy, and what was he like? How did he supposedly die?
4. What is unusual about Winston's telescreen, and why is it important?
5. Why doesn't Winston kill the girl with the dark hair? Who else doesn't he kill for very similar reasons?
6. What attracts Julia to Winston? Why is this attractive or necessary to her?
7. Judging by the dream Winston has about the girl with dark hair, how does he appear to feel about her?
8. Why will no Party woman wear perfume?
9. What does Part 1, Chapter 1 show the reader about the quality of Oceania's services and products?
10. Why are the proles the only force capable of overthrowing the Party?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)