|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them love Big Brother.
(b) Make them stay in Oceania.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Make them stop loving each other.
2. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
3. What is the theme song of Hate Week?
(a) The Hate Song.
(b) I Hate.
(c) Big Brother's Hatest Hits.
(d) Hatred, We Love You.
4. What should be the starting point to Winston's thoughts, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Oceania will never be free.
(b) Winston will die alone.
(c) The revolution is inevitable.
(d) The rule of the Party is forever.
5. What was the only way for Winston to save himself in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) To put somebody between himself and the rats.
(b) To become an Inner Party member like O'Brien.
(c) To hand over information about the Brotherhood.
(d) To slit his wrists with the smuggled razor blade.
6. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
(a) The bed.
(b) Winston's ego.
(c) The paperweight.
(d) Julia's knee.
7. What is the object of power, according to O'Brien?
(a) Stability in society.
8. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
(a) The Party.
(b) The proles.
(d) The Brotherhood.
9. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) On the top floor of the Ministry of Love.
(b) Near a window, judging by the fresh-smelling air.
(c) Deep underground.
(d) On the ground floor.
10. What will be the one certain thing about Winston's death?
(a) That it will be painful.
(b) That the time can't be expected.
(c) That it will erase him.
(d) It will be certain.
11. What does Winston realize about secrets?
(a) That you must keep them from yourself.
(b) That they are the last refuge of mankind.
(c) That they can never be kept.
(d) That they burned holes in your consciousness.
12. How do the proles normally feel about the war?
13. According to Part 3, Chapter 6, who is Oceania at war with, and has always been at war with?
(b) The FFCC.
(c) Airstrip One.
14. What does Winston's bed feel like in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) A camp bed.
(b) A slab of granite.
(c) A bed of nails.
15. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
(a) They can turn their telescreens off.
(b) They can kill at will.
(c) They can choose from Party women.
(d) They can take nice, long vacations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Room 101?
2. How does Winston feel towards Big Brother?
3. What makes Winston feel sick in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. What are the three stages to Winston's reintegration?
5. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)