|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Part 3, Chapter 6, to what has Winston been appointed?
(a) A sub-committee of a sub-committee.
(b) A cabinet position in the government.
(c) A clerical position in the Ministry of Love.
(d) The board of directors for Inner Party affairs.
2. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
(a) The Ministry of Truth.
(b) The FFCC.
(c) The Thought Police.
(d) The Brotherhood.
3. How many fingers is O'Brien holding up in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. Why are people brought to the Ministry of Love?
(a) To be given a fair trial.
(b) To be loved.
(c) To be made sane.
(d) To be executed.
5. Where has Winston failed to make progress by Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. Does Winston believe in God?
(b) He is agnostic.
(c) He doesn't care.
7. What is not statistical, as stated in Part 2, Chapter 8?
8. What is the title of Emmanuel Goldstein's book?
(a) The Theory and Practice of Socialist Liberalism.
(b) The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism.
(c) The Theory and Practice of Anarchist Libertarianism.
(d) The Theory and Practice of Elitist Governance.
9. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Deep underground.
(b) On the top floor of the Ministry of Love.
(c) On the ground floor.
(d) Near a window, judging by the fresh-smelling air.
10. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Make them love Big Brother.
(c) Make them stop loving each other.
(d) Make them stay in Oceania.
11. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
(a) The bed.
(b) The paperweight.
(c) Winston's ego.
(d) Julia's knee.
12. What is the last line of the rhyme in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) When I grow flowers, say the bells of Haight Towers.
(b) When I grow old, say the bells of Seahold.
(c) When I grow rich, say the bells of Shoreditch.
(d) When I grow tired, say the bells of Beachpyre.
13. What does the area where Inner Party members live smell like?
(a) Good food and good friends.
(b) Good food and good coffee.
(c) Good food and good tobacco.
(d) Good food and good wine.
14. What should be the starting point to Winston's thoughts, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Winston will die alone.
(b) The revolution is inevitable.
(c) The rule of the Party is forever.
(d) Oceania will never be free.
15. What is the only thing Winston and Julia are not capable of doing?
(a) Betraying their country.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Killing many innocent people.
(d) Separating and never seeing each other again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien show to Winston in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. Why was Parsons arrested?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the third phrase Winston writes?
4. What is the name of O'Brien's servant, and where does Winston think he is from?
5. What is the theme song of Hate Week?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)