Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
(a) The proles.
(b) The Party.
(c) The Brotherhood.
2. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them stay in Oceania.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Make them love Big Brother.
(d) Make them stop loving each other.
3. What will be the one certain thing about Winston's death?
(a) It will be certain.
(b) That the time can't be expected.
(c) That it will erase him.
(d) That it will be painful.
4. What is in Room 101?
(a) Certain death.
(b) The worst thing in the world.
(c) Pain beyond imagination.
5. What kind of pencil does O'Brien use?
(a) Gold ink.
(c) Gold plated.
6. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
7. What has it taken Winston forty years to learn the nature of?
(a) The meaning of love.
(b) His personal rebellion.
(c) Big Brother's smile.
(d) The war.
8. What does O'Brien show to Winston in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) The photograph of his mother and sister.
(b) The photograph of Julia's corpse.
(c) The photograph of the three Party members.
(d) The photograph of Big Brother.
9. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
(a) His wife.
(b) His plumber.
(c) His servant.
(d) His comrade.
10. According to Part 2, Chapter 7, what remains impregnable?
(a) Julia's will.
(b) The inner heart.
(c) The Ministry of Love.
(d) The truth.
11. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
(a) A warm welcoming manner.
(b) A peculiar grave courtesy.
(c) An odd humourous tone.
(d) A strange sort of tick.
12. What did Winston steal from his baby sister?
13. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
14. What makes Winston feel sick in Part 3, Chapter 4?
15. What is the object of power, according to O'Brien?
(c) Stability in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
2. Where has Winston failed to make progress by Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
4. What does Winston's bed feel like in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What does everybody do when tortured?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)