|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Winston feel sick in Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. Of what are the walls of Winston's cell made?
(a) White marble.
(b) White porcelain.
(c) White plastic.
(d) White linoleum.
3. What bone is Winston especially afraid will break in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) His femur.
(b) His spine.
(c) His skull.
(d) His collarbone.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, who has been vaporized?
5. By Part 3, Chapter 6, to what has Winston been appointed?
(a) A clerical position in the Ministry of Love.
(b) A sub-committee of a sub-committee.
(c) The board of directors for Inner Party affairs.
(d) A cabinet position in the government.
6. What is not statistical, as stated in Part 2, Chapter 8?
7. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
8. Where has Winston failed to make progress by Part 3, Chapter 4?
9. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them stop loving each other.
(b) Make them stay in Oceania.
(c) Make them love Big Brother.
(d) Kill them.
10. Who does Winston say to give the rat torture to instead of him?
(b) Anyone else.
11. According to Part 3, Chapter 6, who is Oceania at war with, and has always been at war with?
(a) Airstrip One.
(d) The FFCC.
12. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
13. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
(a) So O'Brien can give Winston a book.
(b) So O'Brien can warn Winston about information the Thought Police have on him.
(c) There is no reason for the encounter.
(d) So O'Brien can give Winston his address.
14. How long has O'Brien been watching Winston?
(a) His entire life.
(b) Four months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
15. What kind of pencil does O'Brien use?
(a) Gold plated.
(b) Gold ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be the one certain thing about Winston's death?
2. Why was Parsons arrested?
3. Why are people brought to the Ministry of Love?
4. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
5. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)