|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Winston steal from his baby sister?
2. What is in Room 101?
(b) Certain death.
(c) The worst thing in the world.
(d) Pain beyond imagination.
3. What are the three stages to Winston's reintegration?
(a) Learning, understanding, acceptance.
(b) Pain, receiving, enlightenment.
(c) Torture, brainwashing, death.
(d) Introduction, intermission, conclusion.
4. Where were rats a common punishment?
(a) Franco's Spain.
(b) The USSR.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) Imperial China.
5. What do the common criminals call the political prisoners?
(d) Pol Pot.
6. How long has O'Brien been watching Winston?
(a) His entire life.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four months.
7. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) At a rally.
(b) At the Community Center.
(c) With Julia.
(d) At home, writing in his diary.
8. Of what are the walls of Winston's cell made?
(a) White linoleum.
(b) White marble.
(c) White plastic.
(d) White porcelain.
9. What is not statistical, as stated in Part 2, Chapter 8?
10. What makes Winston feel sick in Part 3, Chapter 4?
11. According to Part 3, Chapter 6, who is Oceania at war with, and has always been at war with?
(b) Airstrip One.
(c) The FFCC.
12. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
(a) They can take nice, long vacations.
(b) They can kill at will.
(c) They can turn their telescreens off.
(d) They can choose from Party women.
13. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
(b) The Brotherhood.
(c) The Party.
(d) The proles.
14. How does Winston feel towards Big Brother?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He feels that he has become him.
(c) He is mystified by him.
(d) He hates him.
15. What does the area where Inner Party members live smell like?
(a) Good food and good friends.
(b) Good food and good coffee.
(c) Good food and good wine.
(d) Good food and good tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winston say to give the rat torture to instead of him?
2. What bone is Winston especially afraid will break in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. Julia is only a rebel __________.
4. What does Winston realize about secrets?
5. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)