|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oceania at war with in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Pax Americana.
(c) The African Alliance.
2. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Running away in panic.
(b) Throwing a grenade.
(c) Shielding her child from bullets.
(d) Standing in front of a tank.
3. Why are people brought to the Ministry of Love?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To be made sane.
(c) To be given a fair trial.
(d) To be executed.
4. What is the name of O'Brien's servant, and where does Winston think he is from?
(a) Martin, from Asia.
(b) Sven, from Sweden.
(c) Antonio, from Europe.
(d) Stephen, from North America.
5. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
(c) The grave.
6. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
(a) Winston's ego.
(b) The bed.
(c) Julia's knee.
(d) The paperweight.
7. What is the specialty gin of the cafe?
(a) Saccharine with cloves.
(b) Straight up, on the rocks.
(c) Cinnamon with tiny flecks of fake gold.
(d) Mint on ice.
8. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Deep underground.
(b) Near a window, judging by the fresh-smelling air.
(c) On the top floor of the Ministry of Love.
(d) On the ground floor.
9. What is the object of power, according to O'Brien?
(a) Stability in society.
10. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them stay in Oceania.
(b) Make them stop loving each other.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Make them love Big Brother.
11. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the third phrase Winston writes?
(a) I love Big Brother.
(b) Freedom is Slavery.
(c) God is Power.
(d) Two and two make four.
12. What is in Room 101?
(a) Pain beyond imagination.
(c) The worst thing in the world.
(d) Certain death.
13. Where does Winston think he is at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The Ministry of Love.
(b) In O'Brien's office.
(c) In transit to the labor camps.
(d) Dead, in hell.
14. According to Part 3, Chapter 6, who is Oceania at war with, and has always been at war with?
(a) The FFCC.
(c) Airstrip One.
15. How do the proles normally feel about the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
2. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
3. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
4. What did Winston steal from his baby sister?
5. What does Winston's bed feel like in Part 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)