|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only efficient thing in Oceania?
(a) The Ministry of Plenty.
(b) The Tax Collection Agency.
(c) The Transportation Authority.
(d) The Thought Police.
2. What is the most feared place in the Ministry of Love?
(a) Room 101.
(b) Room 666.
(c) Room X.
(d) The Room of Pain.
3. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
(a) The paperweight.
(b) Julia's knee.
(c) Winston's ego.
(d) The bed.
4. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) At the Community Center.
(b) At a rally.
(c) With Julia.
(d) At home, writing in his diary.
5. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
6. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Kill Julia.
(b) Stand down.
(c) Let them go.
(d) Pick up the pieces of the paperweight.
7. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
(a) The FFCC.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Thought Police.
(d) The Brotherhood.
8. What is the name of O'Brien's servant, and where does Winston think he is from?
(a) Stephen, from North America.
(b) Antonio, from Europe.
(c) Sven, from Sweden.
(d) Martin, from Asia.
9. According to Part 3, Chapter 6, who is Oceania at war with, and has always been at war with?
(a) Airstrip One.
(d) The FFCC.
10. What is the specialty gin of the cafe?
(a) Straight up, on the rocks.
(b) Cinnamon with tiny flecks of fake gold.
(c) Mint on ice.
(d) Saccharine with cloves.
11. What are the three stages to Winston's reintegration?
(a) Pain, receiving, enlightenment.
(b) Introduction, intermission, conclusion.
(c) Learning, understanding, acceptance.
(d) Torture, brainwashing, death.
12. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
(b) The Party.
(c) The proles.
(d) The Brotherhood.
13. What do the common criminals call the political prisoners?
(b) Pol Pot.
14. Who does Winston say to give the rat torture to instead of him?
(a) Anyone else.
15. According to Part 2, Chapter 7, what remains impregnable?
(a) The inner heart.
(b) The truth.
(c) The Ministry of Love.
(d) Julia's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
2. What is the theme song of Hate Week?
3. What did Winston steal from his baby sister?
4. What does O'Brien show to Winston in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)