|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the specialty gin of the cafe?
(a) Mint on ice.
(b) Cinnamon with tiny flecks of fake gold.
(c) Saccharine with cloves.
(d) Straight up, on the rocks.
2. What does Winston realize about secrets?
(a) That they burned holes in your consciousness.
(b) That they are the last refuge of mankind.
(c) That they can never be kept.
(d) That you must keep them from yourself.
3. Where has Winston failed to make progress by Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them love Big Brother.
(b) Make them stay in Oceania.
(c) Make them stop loving each other.
(d) Kill them.
5. What is the only efficient thing in Oceania?
(a) The Thought Police.
(b) The Transportation Authority.
(c) The Tax Collection Agency.
(d) The Ministry of Plenty.
6. What do the common criminals call the political prisoners?
(c) Pol Pot.
7. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Standing in front of a tank.
(b) Shielding her child from bullets.
(c) Running away in panic.
(d) Throwing a grenade.
8. Of what are the walls of Winston's cell made?
(a) White marble.
(b) White porcelain.
(c) White linoleum.
(d) White plastic.
9. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Winston have plenty of these days?
(c) Free time to write.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what is the third phrase Winston writes?
(a) God is Power.
(b) Two and two make four.
(c) I love Big Brother.
(d) Freedom is Slavery.
11. What does O'Brien show to Winston in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) The photograph of his mother and sister.
(b) The photograph of Big Brother.
(c) The photograph of Julia's corpse.
(d) The photograph of the three Party members.
12. How does one man assert his power over another, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
13. How long has O'Brien been watching Winston?
(a) His entire life.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Four months.
(d) Ten years.
14. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
15. Who is Oceania at war with in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(b) Pax Americana.
(d) The African Alliance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
2. What is in Room 101?
3. Julia is only a rebel __________.
4. How do the proles normally feel about the war?
5. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)