|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3, Chapter 6, who is Oceania at war with, and has always been at war with?
(a) The FFCC.
(d) Airstrip One.
2. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
(a) Get down on the ground.
(b) You are not as smart as you think you are.
(c) You have been betrayed.
(d) You are the dead.
3. What is in Room 101?
(a) The worst thing in the world.
(b) Pain beyond imagination.
(d) Certain death.
4. What kind of pencil does O'Brien use?
(b) Gold ink.
(c) Gold plated.
5. What is the object of power, according to O'Brien?
(b) Stability in society.
6. What was the only way for Winston to save himself in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) To slit his wrists with the smuggled razor blade.
(b) To put somebody between himself and the rats.
(c) To become an Inner Party member like O'Brien.
(d) To hand over information about the Brotherhood.
7. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
(a) The Ministry of Truth.
(b) The Brotherhood.
(c) The FFCC.
(d) The Thought Police.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 5, who has been vaporized?
9. Why was Parsons arrested?
(a) He killed his wife and children.
(b) He is guilty of Thoughtcrime.
(c) He wanted to change the name of Hate Week.
(d) He was slacking off at work.
10. What will be the one certain thing about Winston's death?
(a) That it will be painful.
(b) That it will erase him.
(c) That the time can't be expected.
(d) It will be certain.
11. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Near a window, judging by the fresh-smelling air.
(b) On the top floor of the Ministry of Love.
(c) Deep underground.
(d) On the ground floor.
12. How long has O'Brien been watching Winston?
(a) Ten years.
(b) His entire life.
(c) Four months.
(d) Seven years.
13. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
14. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
(a) A revolution will start.
(b) The Thought Police will arrive.
(c) O'Brien will continue working.
(d) It will rain.
15. What is the title of Emmanuel Goldstein's book?
(a) The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism.
(b) The Theory and Practice of Anarchist Libertarianism.
(c) The Theory and Practice of Elitist Governance.
(d) The Theory and Practice of Socialist Liberalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
2. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
3. According to Part 2, Chapter 7, what remains impregnable?
4. What is the most feared place in the Ministry of Love?
5. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)