|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
(a) A revolution will start.
(b) O'Brien will continue working.
(c) It will rain.
(d) The Thought Police will arrive.
2. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
(a) The FFCC.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Brotherhood.
(d) The Thought Police.
3. What do the common criminals call the political prisoners?
(d) Pol Pot.
4. Why are people brought to the Ministry of Love?
(a) To be executed.
(b) To be given a fair trial.
(c) To be loved.
(d) To be made sane.
5. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
(a) His wife.
(b) His comrade.
(c) His plumber.
(d) His servant.
6. How does one man assert his power over another, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
7. What is the only efficient thing in Oceania?
(a) The Transportation Authority.
(b) The Tax Collection Agency.
(c) The Thought Police.
(d) The Ministry of Plenty.
8. What bone is Winston especially afraid will break in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) His femur.
(b) His collarbone.
(c) His spine.
(d) His skull.
9. What are the three stages to Winston's reintegration?
(a) Pain, receiving, enlightenment.
(b) Introduction, intermission, conclusion.
(c) Torture, brainwashing, death.
(d) Learning, understanding, acceptance.
10. What is the only thing Winston and Julia are not capable of doing?
(a) Killing many innocent people.
(b) Separating and never seeing each other again.
(c) Betraying their country.
(d) Committing suicide.
11. Julia is only a rebel __________.
(a) In disguise.
(b) As much as Winston is.
(c) From the waist down.
(d) Without a cause.
12. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them stop loving each other.
(b) Make them stay in Oceania.
(c) Make them love Big Brother.
(d) Kill them.
13. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
14. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
(a) They can kill at will.
(b) They can choose from Party women.
(c) They can take nice, long vacations.
(d) They can turn their telescreens off.
15. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
(a) His parents were from Eurasia.
(b) He was wearing strange shoes.
(c) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(d) He used the word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
2. What does the area where Inner Party members live smell like?
3. What makes Winston feel sick in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)