|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A catapult.
(c) A rock.
(d) A pellet gun.
2. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Maitland.
(b) Comrade Ogilvy.
(c) Comrade Woodroffe.
(d) Comrade Bronson.
3. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Brotherhood.
(b) The Partisans.
(c) The Clash.
(d) The Resistance.
4. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
(b) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(c) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(d) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
5. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
6. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
7. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
(a) Big Brother.
8. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The human soundtrack.
(c) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(d) She who must be obeyed.
9. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Thirteenth.
(b) The Tenth.
(c) The Eleventh.
(d) The Second.
10. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
11. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) The dark-haired girl.
12. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Print and punctuation.
(b) Brightly colored balls.
(c) Poetry and prose.
(d) Rhymes and meters.
13. The Enemy of the People is...
(a) Emmanuel Goldfinch.
(b) Emmanuel Goldstein.
(c) Emmanuel Silverstein.
(d) Emmanuel Golden.
14. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He does yoga.
(b) He touches his toes.
(c) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(d) He clean his ears.
15. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) With his accountant.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Hate Week planning committee.
(d) The Community Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
2. What does Julia say is "the only way to stay safe"?
3. What concealed danger does Winston have to be careful of in the countryside?
4. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)