|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(b) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
(c) Oceania Rules.
(d) Oceania, The Free.
2. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Resistance.
(b) The Partisans.
(c) The Clash.
(d) The Brotherhood.
3. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) The dark-haired girl.
4. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
(b) So she can undress.
(c) So she can put on makeup.
(d) So she can dress.
5. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(a) Hair gel.
(b) Razor blades.
6. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Ogilvy.
(b) Comrade Bronson.
(c) Comrade Woodroffe.
(d) Comrade Maitland.
7. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Morning Stretches.
(b) Aerobics with Goldstein.
(c) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(d) The Physical Jerks.
8. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) War Week.
(b) Thoughtcrime Week.
(c) Hate Week.
(d) Duty Week.
9. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
(c) BIG BROTHER.
10. What does Julia say is "the only way to stay safe"?
(a) Listen to Big Brother.
(b) Always yell with the crowd.
(c) Be an informant.
(d) Do as the Oceanians do.
11. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Second.
(b) The Thirteenth.
(c) The Eleventh.
(d) The Tenth.
12. Of what do Winston and Julia not discuss the possibility?
(d) Living together.
13. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(b) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(c) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(d) To get lunch for his boss.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
(a) Pay her off.
(b) Love her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Divorce her.
15. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(c) Brother or sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
2. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
3. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
4. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
5. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)