|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
(a) The OCCB.
(b) The FFCC.
(c) The INGSOC.
(d) The FDA.
2. What was Rutherford's previous job?
3. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(b) A man.
4. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
5. What is Winston's phobia?
(b) Open spaces.
(c) English people.
6. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
(a) Tear off her clothes.
(b) Bring Winston some flowers.
(c) Kill Big Brother.
(d) Sing a song.
7. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
(a) Broken telephone.
(b) Sign language.
(c) Talking by installments.
8. What is the official language of Oceania?
9. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(b) He attempts suicide.
(c) He starts a diary.
(d) He gets drunk.
10. Who spoils Winston's plans to sit with the dark-haired girl in Part 2, Chapter 1?
11. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
12. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(b) The Physical Jerks.
(c) The Morning Stretches.
(d) Aerobics with Goldstein.
13. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Love her.
(c) Pay her off.
(d) Kill her.
14. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
(a) The Ministry of Peace.
(b) The Ministry of Fear.
(c) The Ministry of Love.
(d) The Ministry of Plenty.
15. What type of flower does Winston collect before meeting the dark-haired girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
2. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. How does Victory Gin smell?
4. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)