|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute not have?
(a) Change for a ten.
(c) Proper ID.
2. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
(a) Ford, Dent, and McMillan.
(b) McDonald, Martin, and King.
(c) Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford.
(d) Smith, Appleby, and Douglas.
3. How many kilometers can someone travel in Oceania before their passport is checked?
(a) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
4. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
5. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The eye of Big Brother.
(b) The viewscreen.
(c) The telescreen.
(d) The televisionary.
6. What is used only by the proles?
(c) Hand tools.
7. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
(b) Big Brother.
8. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(b) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(c) To get lunch for his boss.
(d) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
9. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
10. What is Winston's apartment called?
(a) Victory Mansions.
(b) London House.
(c) Oceania View.
(d) Grenadier Apartments.
11. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As very attractive.
(b) As not clever.
(c) As much too young for Winston.
(d) As a thought criminal.
12. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Four smiling fairies.
(b) Two ivory birds.
(c) Three metal balls.
(d) Seven wooden books.
13. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
14. What is the name of Winston's wife?
15. How many times has Julia had sex?
(a) Scores of times.
(b) Hundreds of times.
(c) She's a virgin.
(d) Dozens of times.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
3. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
5. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)