|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To vomit profusely.
(b) To shout filthy words.
(c) To turn back time.
(d) To choke down some food.
2. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
(a) Have sex with her.
(c) Pay her to not tell anyone he was there.
(d) Kill her.
3. Where does Winston work?
(a) The Ministry of Love.
(b) The Ministry of Justice.
(c) The Ministry of Fear.
(d) The Ministry of Truth.
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North Africa.
(b) East Asia.
(c) South India.
(d) North America.
5. With whom is Oceania at war?
6. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(c) Writing in his diary.
(d) Going for a walk.
7. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Turn Winston over to the Thought Police.
(b) Hold Winston's hand.
(c) Give Winston a book.
(d) Kiss Winston.
8. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(a) Razor blades.
(d) Hair gel.
9. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(b) Write pamplets on sex education.
(c) Advocate complete celibacy.
(d) Perform arbitrary castrations.
10. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
11. Who is Julia?
(a) A storeowner who Winston knows.
(b) A member of the Thought Police.
(c) The dark-haired girl.
(d) A person who Winston invents for his job.
12. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
(a) Twenty-five cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) Five dollars.
13. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she can dress.
(b) So she can undress.
(c) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
(d) So she can put on makeup.
14. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
(a) Big Brother.
15. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
(b) BIG BROTHER.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's wife?
2. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
3. What is the resistance to the Party called?
4. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)