|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His wife and son.
(c) His brother and sister.
(d) His mother and sister.
2. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Humming and painting.
(b) Chanting and walking by.
(c) Singing and hanging laundry.
(d) Whistling and gardening.
3. How many kilometers can someone travel in Oceania before their passport is checked?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
4. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) Winston Smith 6079.
(b) W. Smith 6079.
(c) 6079 W.S.
(d) 6079 Smith W.
5. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(a) Razor blades.
(c) Hair gel.
6. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Give a message to her husband.
(b) Fix her sink.
(c) Take her children to town.
(d) Look after her children.
7. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
(a) Nowhere to be found.
(b) With the Brotherhood.
(c) In the proles.
(d) In Winston alone.
9. How does Victory Gin smell?
(a) Gross and disgusting.
(b) Harsh, like nitric acid.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Sickly and oily.
10. What do Parsons' children to do the old market-woman?
(a) Kick her in the shins.
(b) Steal her money.
(c) Shoot her cat with a catapult.
(d) Set her skirt on fire.
11. What is the official language of Oceania?
12. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Society.
(b) English Soccer.
(c) English Socialism.
(d) English Socrates.
13. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
14. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) One hundred.
15. How many times has Julia had sex?
(a) Scores of times.
(b) She's a virgin.
(c) Dozens of times.
(d) Hundreds of times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
3. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
4. Who spoils Winston's plans to sit with the dark-haired girl in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)