|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
2. What fell on Colchester?
(a) A UFO.
(b) An atomic bomb.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) A rocketbomb.
3. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(c) The human soundtrack.
(d) She who must be obeyed.
4. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Hate Week.
(b) Apathy Month.
(c) Atrocity Day.
(d) Love Hour.
5. Who is Julia?
(a) A person who Winston invents for his job.
(b) The dark-haired girl.
(c) A member of the Thought Police.
(d) A storeowner who Winston knows.
6. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hate Week.
(b) Thoughtcrime Week.
(c) Duty Week.
(d) War Week.
7. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) Winston Smith 6079.
(b) W. Smith 6079.
(c) 6079 W.S.
(d) 6079 Smith W.
8. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Five thousand.
9. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To shout filthy words.
(b) To choke down some food.
(c) To vomit profusely.
(d) To turn back time.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Pay her off.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Love her.
11. Of what do Winston and Julia not discuss the possibility?
(c) Living together.
12. What is Winston's apartment called?
(a) London House.
(b) Grenadier Apartments.
(c) Victory Mansions.
(d) Oceania View.
13. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
14. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As a thought criminal.
(b) As very attractive.
(c) As much too young for Winston.
(d) As not clever.
15. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(a) Razor blades.
(b) Hair gel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
2. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
3. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
5. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)