|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fell on Colchester?
(a) An atomic bomb.
(b) A UFO.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) A rocketbomb.
2. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(a) A man.
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our duty to the party.
(c) The unspeakable.
(d) Our shared responsibility.
4. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) With his accountant.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Community Center.
(d) The Hate Week planning committee.
5. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Writing in his diary.
(c) Going for a walk.
6. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Woodroffe.
(b) Comrade Bronson.
(c) Comrade Maitland.
(d) Comrade Ogilvy.
7. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Thirteenth.
(b) The Tenth.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Eleventh.
8. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(d) Stewed beef.
9. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
10. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
11. What is used only by the proles?
(d) Hand tools.
12. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Turn Winston over to the Thought Police.
(b) Kiss Winston.
(c) Hold Winston's hand.
(d) Give Winston a book.
13. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(a) Brother or sister.
14. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(b) The Morning Stretches.
(c) Aerobics with Goldstein.
(d) The Physical Jerks.
15. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Julia had sex?
2. The Enemy of the People is...
3. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
5. Where does Winston work?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)