|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
2. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
(a) A pellet gun.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A rock.
(d) A catapult.
3. What concealed danger does Winston have to be careful of in the countryside?
(c) Thought Police.
4. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) A paperweight.
(b) A desk lamp.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) An ink blotter.
5. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
(b) Sit in quiet hatred.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Sing the national anthem.
6. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Whistling and gardening.
(b) Singing and hanging laundry.
(c) Humming and painting.
(d) Chanting and walking by.
7. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(b) A microphone.
(c) A safe.
8. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Memory hole.
(b) Remembering hole.
(c) Throwaway hole.
(d) Forgetful hole.
9. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
10. The Enemy of the People is...
(a) Emmanuel Silverstein.
(b) Emmanuel Golden.
(c) Emmanuel Goldstein.
(d) Emmanuel Goldfinch.
11. What is the name of Winston's wife?
12. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
13. With whom is Oceania at war?
14. What is Winston's apartment called?
(a) Oceania View.
(b) Grenadier Apartments.
(c) Victory Mansions.
(d) London House.
15. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Take her children to town.
(b) Fix her sink.
(c) Look after her children.
(d) Give a message to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
3. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
4. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
5. What does the note left by the individual whom Winston sees in the hall say?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)