Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A picture.
(b) A play.
(c) A hanging.
(d) A movie.
2. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) War Week.
(b) Thoughtcrime Week.
(c) Hate Week.
(d) Duty Week.
3. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Singing and hanging laundry.
(b) Chanting and walking by.
(c) Humming and painting.
(d) Whistling and gardening.
4. What keeps falling on London?
(a) Acid rain.
(b) Dogs and cats.
5. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
(a) Ford, Dent, and McMillan.
(b) Smith, Appleby, and Douglas.
(c) McDonald, Martin, and King.
(d) Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford.
6. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Clash.
(b) The Partisans.
(c) The Brotherhood.
(d) The Resistance.
7. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
8. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
(a) He will become Big Brother.
(b) He will flee Oceania.
(c) He will be vaporized.
(d) He will die from drinking too much gin.
9. What is used only by the proles?
(b) Hand tools.
10. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
11. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) South India.
(b) East Asia.
(c) North America.
(d) North Africa.
12. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
13. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(b) Oceania, The Free.
(c) Oceania Rules.
(d) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
14. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
15. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
(c) Big Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
3. What fell on Colchester?
4. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
5. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)