|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps falling on London?
(a) Acid rain.
(d) Dogs and cats.
2. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(b) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(c) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
(d) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
3. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
4. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) W. Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 Smith W.
(c) Winston Smith 6079.
(d) 6079 W.S.
5. Of what do Winston and Julia not discuss the possibility?
(c) Living together.
6. What fell on Colchester?
(a) A rocketbomb.
(b) An atomic bomb.
(c) A meteorite.
(d) A UFO.
7. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
8. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
9. Who spoils Winston's plans to sit with the dark-haired girl in Part 2, Chapter 1?
10. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
(a) Kill Big Brother.
(b) Tear off her clothes.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Bring Winston some flowers.
11. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His wife and son.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) His brother and sister.
(d) His mother and sister.
12. How many kilometers can someone travel in Oceania before their passport is checked?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
13. What was Rutherford's previous job?
14. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And should never be attempted.
(b) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(c) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(d) And would always be that way.
15. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
2. Where does Winston work?
3. What is the resistance to the Party called?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
5. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)