|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oceania at war with in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Pax Americana.
(b) The African Alliance.
2. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she can undress.
(b) So she can put on makeup.
(c) So she can dress.
(d) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
3. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To get lunch for his boss.
(b) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(c) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(d) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
4. What does Winston's bed feel like in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(b) A bed of nails.
(c) A slab of granite.
(d) A camp bed.
5. What bone is Winston especially afraid will break in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) His skull.
(b) His femur.
(c) His collarbone.
(d) His spine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
2. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
3. What is the last line of the rhyme in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
5. Julia is only a rebel __________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)