|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Goldstein's book?
(a) Big Brother, and O'Brien edited it.
(c) O'Brien, by himself.
(d) O'Brien, with collaborators.
2. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(b) And should never be attempted.
(c) And would always be that way.
(d) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
3. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
(a) What's ours is yours.
(b) Our new, happy life.
(c) Our only way forward.
(d) Our modern world in all its glory.
5. Julia is only a rebel __________.
(a) In disguise.
(b) As much as Winston is.
(c) Without a cause.
(d) From the waist down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the common criminals call the political prisoners?
2. What is Winston's apartment called?
3. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
4. With whom is Oceania at war?
5. What is used only by the proles?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)