|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
(a) In the ceiling.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the cabinet.
(d) Behind the picture.
2. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Running away in panic.
(b) Standing in front of a tank.
(c) Throwing a grenade.
(d) Shielding her child from bullets.
3. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
(a) He was caught and vaporized.
(b) He vanished mysteriously.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) His helicopter crashed.
4. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) A safe.
(c) A microphone.
5. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one man assert his power over another, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
3. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
4. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
5. What do Parsons' children to do the old market-woman?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)