|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston realize about secrets?
(a) That you must keep them from yourself.
(b) That they can never be kept.
(c) That they burned holes in your consciousness.
(d) That they are the last refuge of mankind.
2. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To turn back time.
(b) To choke down some food.
(c) To vomit profusely.
(d) To shout filthy words.
3. What keeps falling on London?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(d) Acid rain.
4. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Standing in front of a tank.
(b) Shielding her child from bullets.
(c) Throwing a grenade.
(d) Running away in panic.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
2. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of O'Brien's servant, and where does Winston think he is from?
4. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
5. How does Julia describe herself?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)