|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only efficient thing in Oceania?
(a) The Ministry of Plenty.
(b) The Thought Police.
(c) The Transportation Authority.
(d) The Tax Collection Agency.
2. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(a) Stewed beef.
3. What is the theme song of Hate Week?
(a) Hatred, We Love You.
(b) I Hate.
(c) Big Brother's Hatest Hits.
(d) The Hate Song.
4. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To revitalize the war effort.
(b) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(c) To discredit a Party member.
(d) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
5. What is the only thing Winston and Julia are not capable of doing?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Separating and never seeing each other again.
(c) Betraying their country.
(d) Killing many innocent people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
2. What was Rutherford's previous job?
3. Where does Winston think he is at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, who has been vaporized?
5. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)