|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As much too young for Winston.
(b) As a thought criminal.
(c) As not clever.
(d) As very attractive.
2. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Remembering hole.
(b) Forgetful hole.
(c) Throwaway hole.
(d) Memory hole.
3. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
(a) A peculiar grave courtesy.
(b) A strange sort of tick.
(c) An odd humourous tone.
(d) A warm welcoming manner.
4. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) One hundred.
5. Where were rats a common punishment?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) Franco's Spain.
(c) Imperial China.
(d) The USSR.
Short Answer Questions
1. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
2. How does Victory Gin smell?
3. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
4. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
5. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)