|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Love her.
(c) Pay her off.
(d) Divorce her.
2. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) South India.
(b) East Asia.
(c) North Africa.
(d) North America.
3. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
(b) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(c) To discredit a Party member.
(d) To revitalize the war effort.
4. What is the name of O'Brien's servant, and where does Winston think he is from?
(a) Sven, from Sweden.
(b) Martin, from Asia.
(c) Antonio, from Europe.
(d) Stephen, from North America.
5. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Throwaway hole.
(b) Forgetful hole.
(c) Memory hole.
(d) Remembering hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
2. What makes Winston feel sick in Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. Who is Oceania at war with in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
5. What is Winston's apartment called?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)