|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A pellet gun.
(c) A rock.
(d) A catapult.
2. How long has O'Brien been watching Winston?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Four months.
(c) His entire life.
(d) Seven years.
3. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) On the ground floor.
(b) Near a window, judging by the fresh-smelling air.
(c) Deep underground.
(d) On the top floor of the Ministry of Love.
4. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
(a) Nowhere to be found.
(b) In Winston alone.
(c) In the proles.
(d) With the Brotherhood.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
(a) Love her.
(b) Pay her off.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be the starting point to Winston's thoughts, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
3. What does the note left by the individual whom Winston sees in the hall say?
4. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
5. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)