|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Goldstein's book?
(a) O'Brien, by himself.
(c) Big Brother, and O'Brien edited it.
(d) O'Brien, with collaborators.
2. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) With Julia.
(b) At a rally.
(c) At the Community Center.
(d) At home, writing in his diary.
3. What will be the one certain thing about Winston's death?
(a) It will be certain.
(b) That it will erase him.
(c) That the time can't be expected.
(d) That it will be painful.
4. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
(a) Twenty-five cents.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One dollar.
5. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(a) Stewed beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia say is "the only way to stay safe"?
2. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
3. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
4. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
5. Where were rats a common punishment?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)