|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Tenth.
(b) The Thirteenth.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Eleventh.
2. How many fingers is O'Brien holding up in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) A microphone.
(c) A safe.
4. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
(a) He will die from drinking too much gin.
(b) He will become Big Brother.
(c) He will flee Oceania.
(d) He will be vaporized.
5. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Four smiling fairies.
(b) Seven wooden books.
(c) Three metal balls.
(d) Two ivory birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
2. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
3. How does Julia describe herself?
4. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)