|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston's phobia?
(a) English people.
(b) Open spaces.
2. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(b) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(c) DOWN WITH RACISM.
(d) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
3. Where does Winston think he is at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) In O'Brien's office.
(b) The Ministry of Love.
(c) Dead, in hell.
(d) In transit to the labor camps.
4. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
(a) The paperweight.
(b) The bed.
(c) Julia's knee.
(d) Winston's ego.
5. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
(b) Talking by installments.
(c) Sign language.
(d) Broken telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
5. With whom is Oceania at war?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)