|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
(a) They can choose from Party women.
(b) They can take nice, long vacations.
(c) They can turn their telescreens off.
(d) They can kill at will.
2. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
3. Of what are the walls of Winston's cell made?
(a) White marble.
(b) White plastic.
(c) White linoleum.
(d) White porcelain.
4. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
5. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
(a) He was wearing strange shoes.
(b) He was from Eurasia.
(c) They heard him swearing at Big Brother.
(d) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used only by the proles?
2. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
3. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
4. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
5. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)