|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only efficient thing in Oceania?
(a) The Thought Police.
(b) The Transportation Authority.
(c) The Ministry of Plenty.
(d) The Tax Collection Agency.
2. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
(a) His wife.
(b) His plumber.
(c) His servant.
(d) His comrade.
3. How does one man assert his power over another, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
(a) The FFCC.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Brotherhood.
(d) The Thought Police.
5. Where does Winston think he is at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) In transit to the labor camps.
(b) The Ministry of Love.
(c) Dead, in hell.
(d) In O'Brien's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
2. What type of hats do capitalists supposedly wear?
3. Of what are the walls of Winston's cell made?
4. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
5. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)