|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Clash.
(b) The Brotherhood.
(c) The Resistance.
(d) The Partisans.
2. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
(a) Victory square, near the monument.
(b) In the train station, during rush hour.
(c) In Airstrip One, in a house.
(d) At the community center, after dark.
4. What is the last line of the rhyme in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) When I grow rich, say the bells of Shoreditch.
(b) When I grow old, say the bells of Seahold.
(c) When I grow flowers, say the bells of Haight Towers.
(d) When I grow tired, say the bells of Beachpyre.
5. Where were rats a common punishment?
(a) The USSR.
(b) Imperial China.
(c) Franco's Spain.
(d) Nazi Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
2. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
3. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
4. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
5. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)