|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
2. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North America.
(b) North Africa.
(c) South India.
(d) East Asia.
3. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Shielding her child from bullets.
(b) Standing in front of a tank.
(c) Throwing a grenade.
(d) Running away in panic.
4. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
(d) The grave.
5. What does the Party claim to have invented?
(d) The wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
2. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
3. What should be the starting point to Winston's thoughts, as stated in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
5. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)