|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
2. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(b) To discredit a Party member.
(c) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
(d) To revitalize the war effort.
3. What does the prostitute not have?
(a) Proper ID.
(b) Change for a ten.
4. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Kiss Winston.
(b) Hold Winston's hand.
(c) Give Winston a book.
(d) Turn Winston over to the Thought Police.
5. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(c) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Enemy of the People is...
2. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
4. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
5. What is the name of Winston's wife?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)