|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Memory hole.
(b) Remembering hole.
(c) Forgetful hole.
(d) Throwaway hole.
2. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He clean his ears.
(b) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(c) He touches his toes.
(d) He does yoga.
3. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
(a) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(b) His parents were from Eurasia.
(c) He used the word.
(d) He was wearing strange shoes.
4. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
(a) He was caught and vaporized.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He vanished mysteriously.
(d) His helicopter crashed.
5. Where were rats a common punishment?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) Imperial China.
(c) The USSR.
(d) Franco's Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Julia had sex?
2. What is the resistance to the Party called?
3. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
5. What kind of pencil does O'Brien use?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)