|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
(c) BIG BROTHER.
2. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Atrocity Day.
(b) Love Hour.
(c) Apathy Month.
(d) Hate Week.
3. What device is used to write songs?
4. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
5. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
(a) Big Brother was everywhere.
(b) His mother never loved him.
(c) There was never enough to eat.
(d) Atomic bombs were falling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
2. Where does Winston work?
3. Julia is only a rebel __________.
4. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)