|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) The dark-haired girl.
2. What does O'Brien show to Winston in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) The photograph of his mother and sister.
(b) The photograph of Julia's corpse.
(c) The photograph of the three Party members.
(d) The photograph of Big Brother.
3. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
4. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Post.
(b) The Journal.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Times.
5. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(b) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
(c) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(d) Thoughtcrime IS death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
2. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
3. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
5. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)