|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As a thought criminal.
(b) As not clever.
(c) As very attractive.
(d) As much too young for Winston.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
(a) At the community center, after dark.
(b) In Airstrip One, in a house.
(c) In the train station, during rush hour.
(d) Victory square, near the monument.
3. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
(a) The Order of Oceania.
(b) The Order of Conspicuous Merit.
(c) The Silver Cross.
(d) The Keys to the City.
4. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
(a) The Ministry of Plenty.
(b) The Ministry of Fear.
(c) The Ministry of Peace.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
5. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
(a) The paperweight.
(b) Julia's knee.
(c) The bed.
(d) Winston's ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
2. What type of flower does Winston collect before meeting the dark-haired girl?
3. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
4. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
5. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)