|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
(a) Twenty-five cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) Five dollars.
2. How does Victory Gin smell?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Sickly and oily.
(c) Harsh, like nitric acid.
(d) Gross and disgusting.
3. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A play.
(b) A movie.
(c) A hanging.
(d) A picture.
4. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
5. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(b) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
(c) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(d) Thoughtcrime IS death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
2. What do Parsons' children to do the old market-woman?
3. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
5. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)