|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As not clever.
(b) As very attractive.
(c) As much too young for Winston.
(d) As a thought criminal.
2. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
(a) His servant.
(b) His plumber.
(c) His wife.
(d) His comrade.
3. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(b) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(c) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
(d) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
4. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
(a) The Brotherhood.
(b) The proles.
(d) The Party.
5. What does the area where Inner Party members live smell like?
(a) Good food and good friends.
(b) Good food and good tobacco.
(c) Good food and good coffee.
(d) Good food and good wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what do Winston and Julia not discuss the possibility?
2. Why are people brought to the Ministry of Love?
3. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
4. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
5. What does the Party claim to have invented?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)