|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(b) He touches his toes.
(c) He does yoga.
(d) He clean his ears.
2. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the ceiling.
(c) In the cabinet.
(d) Behind the picture.
3. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) South India.
(b) North Africa.
(c) East Asia.
(d) North America.
5. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
(a) A revolution will start.
(b) The Thought Police will arrive.
(c) O'Brien will continue working.
(d) It will rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winston think he is at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What is the official language of Oceania?
4. What bone is Winston especially afraid will break in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)