|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
2. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them love Big Brother.
(b) Make them stay in Oceania.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Make them stop loving each other.
3. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
(a) He will become Big Brother.
(b) He will flee Oceania.
(c) He will be vaporized.
(d) He will die from drinking too much gin.
4. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
(b) The grave.
5. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
(b) Broken telephone.
(c) Sign language.
(d) Talking by installments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
2. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
4. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
5. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)