|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Atrocity Day.
(b) Hate Week.
(c) Apathy Month.
(d) Love Hour.
2. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
(a) In the cabinet.
(b) In the ceiling.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Behind the picture.
3. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The eye of Big Brother.
(b) The televisionary.
(c) The viewscreen.
(d) The telescreen.
4. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) England or Britain.
(b) The USA or America.
(c) East or West Germany.
(d) France or Canada.
5. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To get lunch for his boss.
(b) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(c) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(d) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
2. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
3. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
4. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
5. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)