|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) With Julia.
(b) At a rally.
(c) At home, writing in his diary.
(d) At the Community Center.
2. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Ogilvy.
(b) Comrade Maitland.
(c) Comrade Bronson.
(d) Comrade Woodroffe.
3. With whom is Oceania at war?
4. What important word does not exist in Newspeak?
5. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
(a) His comrade.
(b) His servant.
(c) His wife.
(d) His plumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
2. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
3. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
5. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)