|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
(a) He was from Eurasia.
(b) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(c) He was wearing strange shoes.
(d) They heard him swearing at Big Brother.
2. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Make them stop loving each other.
(c) Make them stay in Oceania.
(d) Make them love Big Brother.
3. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) Swollen lymph nodes.
(b) Varicose veins.
(d) A varicose ulcer.
4. What does everybody do when tortured?
(a) Bleed to death.
(b) Repent their sins.
5. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
Short Answer Questions
1. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
2. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
3. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
4. Who does Julia think is really launching the rocketbombs?
5. Where was Winston when he discovered the war had switched again in Part 2, Chapter 8?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)