|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Two ivory birds.
(b) Four smiling fairies.
(c) Three metal balls.
(d) Seven wooden books.
2. Why was Parsons arrested?
(a) He is guilty of Thoughtcrime.
(b) He killed his wife and children.
(c) He wanted to change the name of Hate Week.
(d) He was slacking off at work.
3. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) Varicose veins.
(c) A varicose ulcer.
(d) Swollen lymph nodes.
4. What does Julia say is "the only way to stay safe"?
(a) Do as the Oceanians do.
(b) Listen to Big Brother.
(c) Always yell with the crowd.
(d) Be an informant.
5. What is the official language of Oceania?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
2. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
3. What does Winston's bed feel like in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
5. What does Ingsoc mean?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)