|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only efficient thing in Oceania?
(a) The Thought Police.
(b) The Transportation Authority.
(c) The Tax Collection Agency.
(d) The Ministry of Plenty.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
(a) Our only way forward.
(b) What's ours is yours.
(c) Our new, happy life.
(d) Our modern world in all its glory.
3. What does the area where Inner Party members live smell like?
(a) Good food and good tobacco.
(b) Good food and good friends.
(c) Good food and good wine.
(d) Good food and good coffee.
4. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
(a) The Ministry of Plenty.
(b) The Ministry of Fear.
(c) The Ministry of Peace.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
5. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Advocate complete celibacy.
(b) Write pamplets on sex education.
(c) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(d) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
2. What does the prostitute not have?
3. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
5. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)