|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North America.
(b) South India.
(c) East Asia.
(d) North Africa.
2. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(b) To get lunch for his boss.
(c) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(d) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
3. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Morning Stretches.
(b) Aerobics with Goldstein.
(c) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(d) The Physical Jerks.
4. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) An ink blotter.
(b) A desk lamp.
(c) A paperweight.
(d) A fountain pen.
5. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(b) A microphone.
(c) A safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
2. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
3. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
4. What is the only thing Winston and Julia are not capable of doing?
5. What does the Party claim to have invented?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)