|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As not clever.
(b) As much too young for Winston.
(c) As a thought criminal.
(d) As very attractive.
2. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) France or Canada.
(b) England or Britain.
(c) East or West Germany.
(d) The USA or America.
3. What keeps falling on London?
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Acid rain.
4. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
(b) Oceania Rules.
(c) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(d) Oceania, The Free.
5. What does everybody do when tortured?
(a) Bleed to death.
(d) Repent their sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
2. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
3. Of what do Winston and Julia not discuss the possibility?
4. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
5. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)