|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(b) Hair gel.
(d) Razor blades.
2. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(b) And should never be attempted.
(c) And would always be that way.
(d) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
3. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As a thought criminal.
(b) As very attractive.
(c) As much too young for Winston.
(d) As not clever.
4. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
5. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Make them stop loving each other.
(c) Make them stay in Oceania.
(d) Make them love Big Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
2. Who is Julia?
3. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
4. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
5. What does the note left by the individual whom Winston sees in the hall say?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)