|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them stop loving each other.
(b) Make them love Big Brother.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Make them stay in Oceania.
2. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
3. What fell on Colchester?
(a) A meteorite.
(b) An atomic bomb.
(c) A UFO.
(d) A rocketbomb.
4. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(b) He starts a diary.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He gets drunk.
5. What is the name of O'Brien's servant, and where does Winston think he is from?
(a) Stephen, from North America.
(b) Martin, from Asia.
(c) Sven, from Sweden.
(d) Antonio, from Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
3. How does Julia describe herself?
4. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
5. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)