|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(b) To get lunch for his boss.
(c) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(d) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
2. What is the official language of Oceania?
3. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He attempts suicide.
(c) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(d) He starts a diary.
4. What is Winston's phobia?
(c) Open spaces.
(d) English people.
5. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Turn Winston over to the Thought Police.
(b) Hold Winston's hand.
(c) Kiss Winston.
(d) Give Winston a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
2. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
3. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
4. What device is used to write songs?
5. Julia is only a rebel __________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)