|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Brightly colored balls.
(b) Rhymes and meters.
(c) Poetry and prose.
(d) Print and punctuation.
2. What is the last line of the rhyme in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) When I grow flowers, say the bells of Haight Towers.
(b) When I grow tired, say the bells of Beachpyre.
(c) When I grow rich, say the bells of Shoreditch.
(d) When I grow old, say the bells of Seahold.
3. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(d) Brother or sister.
4. How many times has Julia had sex?
(a) Scores of times.
(b) Dozens of times.
(c) Hundreds of times.
(d) She's a virgin.
5. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
(b) Kill her.
(c) Have sex with her.
(d) Pay her to not tell anyone he was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps falling on London?
2. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
3. What concealed danger does Winston have to be careful of in the countryside?
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
5. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)