|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them love Big Brother.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Make them stop loving each other.
(d) Make them stay in Oceania.
2. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) The Ministry of Truth.
(b) With his accountant.
(c) The Hate Week planning committee.
(d) The Community Center.
3. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
4. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our duty to the party.
(b) The unspeakable.
(d) Our shared responsibility.
5. What fell on Colchester?
(a) A UFO.
(b) A meteorite.
(c) A rocketbomb.
(d) An atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
2. What is used only by the proles?
3. What is the resistance to the Party called?
4. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
5. What does everybody do when tortured?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)