|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
(c) Big Brother.
2. What type of hats do capitalists supposedly wear?
(c) Baseball caps.
(d) Top hats.
3. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Take her children to town.
(b) Fix her sink.
(c) Give a message to her husband.
(d) Look after her children.
4. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
5. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
(a) They can kill at will.
(b) They can take nice, long vacations.
(c) They can choose from Party women.
(d) They can turn their telescreens off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)