|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
(a) At the community center, after dark.
(b) Victory square, near the monument.
(c) In the train station, during rush hour.
(d) In Airstrip One, in a house.
2. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Post.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Journal.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what will be Julia and Winston's next meeting place?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A quiet restaurant.
(c) Winston's apartment.
(d) A crowded marketplace.
4. What type of flower does Winston collect before meeting the dark-haired girl?
5. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(b) A varicose ulcer.
(c) Varicose veins.
(d) Swollen lymph nodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
2. What does everybody do when tortured?
3. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
4. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)