|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
2. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them stay in Oceania.
(b) Make them stop loving each other.
(c) Make them love Big Brother.
(d) Kill them.
3. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
(a) He was from Eurasia.
(b) He was wearing strange shoes.
(c) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(d) They heard him swearing at Big Brother.
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(a) Stewed beef.
5. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Soccer.
(b) English Socrates.
(c) English Socialism.
(d) English Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
2. How many kilometers can someone travel in Oceania before their passport is checked?
3. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
4. What does the Party claim to have invented?
5. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)