|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of O'Brien's servant, and where does Winston think he is from?
(a) Stephen, from North America.
(b) Antonio, from Europe.
(c) Sven, from Sweden.
(d) Martin, from Asia.
2. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(a) Oranges and lemons.
(c) Bluebirds in fountains.
(d) Pay me three farthings.
3. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(b) To revitalize the war effort.
(c) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
(d) To discredit a Party member.
4. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
(a) With the Brotherhood.
(b) Nowhere to be found.
(c) In Winston alone.
(d) In the proles.
5. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(b) Varicose veins.
(c) Swollen lymph nodes.
(d) A varicose ulcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
2. What is the official language of Oceania?
3. What does everybody do when tortured?
4. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)