|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the area where Inner Party members live smell like?
(a) Good food and good friends.
(b) Good food and good tobacco.
(c) Good food and good wine.
(d) Good food and good coffee.
2. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) Twenty-five cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One dollar.
3. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(b) Brother or sister.
4. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
(a) So O'Brien can give Winston a book.
(b) There is no reason for the encounter.
(c) So O'Brien can give Winston his address.
(d) So O'Brien can warn Winston about information the Thought Police have on him.
5. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A catapult.
(c) A rock.
(d) A pellet gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, who has been vaporized?
3. What does Julia say is "the only way to stay safe"?
4. How does Victory Gin smell?
5. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)