|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Thirteenth.
(b) The Tenth.
(c) The Eleventh.
(d) The Second.
2. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
(a) The grave.
3. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(b) Razor blades.
(d) Hair gel.
4. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Print and punctuation.
(b) Poetry and prose.
(c) Brightly colored balls.
(d) Rhymes and meters.
5. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
(a) He was caught and vaporized.
(b) His helicopter crashed.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He vanished mysteriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
2. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What is the official language of Oceania?
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
5. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)