|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) The dark-haired girl.
2. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(b) A man.
3. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(c) Stewed beef.
4. What is used only by the proles?
(d) Hand tools.
5. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The eye of Big Brother.
(b) The televisionary.
(c) The telescreen.
(d) The viewscreen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
2. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
4. What do Parsons' children to do the old market-woman?
5. What type of flower does Winston collect before meeting the dark-haired girl?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)