|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spoils Winston's plans to sit with the dark-haired girl in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
3. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
(a) Sign language.
(c) Talking by installments.
(d) Broken telephone.
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North America.
(b) North Africa.
(c) East Asia.
(d) South India.
5. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
3. What is the official language of Oceania?
4. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
5. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)