|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
(a) His helicopter crashed.
(b) He vanished mysteriously.
(c) He was caught and vaporized.
(d) He killed himself.
2. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North Africa.
(b) South India.
(c) North America.
(d) East Asia.
3. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
4. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A picture.
(b) A play.
(c) A movie.
(d) A hanging.
5. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The human soundtrack.
(b) She who must be obeyed.
(c) The wicked witch of Oceania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
2. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
3. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
4. What is the name of Winston's wife?
5. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)