|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(b) Brother or sister.
2. What does the prostitute not have?
(b) Change for a ten.
(c) Proper ID.
3. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The telescreen.
(b) The televisionary.
(c) The viewscreen.
(d) The eye of Big Brother.
4. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Eleventh.
(b) The Thirteenth.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Tenth.
5. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
(b) Sit in quiet hatred.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Sing the national anthem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
2. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
4. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
5. Who spoils Winston's plans to sit with the dark-haired girl in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)