|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
(d) BIG BROTHER.
2. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A hanging.
(b) A movie.
(c) A play.
(d) A picture.
3. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
4. What type of hats do capitalists supposedly wear?
(a) Baseball caps.
(c) Top hats.
5. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socialism.
(b) English Soccer.
(c) English Socrates.
(d) English Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winston see in the hallway in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What was Rutherford's previous job?
3. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
4. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)