|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Julia had sex?
(a) Hundreds of times.
(b) She's a virgin.
(c) Scores of times.
(d) Dozens of times.
2. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Clash.
(b) The Partisans.
(c) The Brotherhood.
(d) The Resistance.
3. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) His wife and son.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His brother and sister.
4. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Tenth.
(b) The Second.
(c) The Thirteenth.
(d) The Eleventh.
5. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Brightly colored balls.
(b) Print and punctuation.
(c) Poetry and prose.
(d) Rhymes and meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
3. What type of flower does Winston collect before meeting the dark-haired girl?
4. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)