|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To shout filthy words.
(b) To vomit profusely.
(c) To choke down some food.
(d) To turn back time.
2. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(a) Razor blades.
(b) Hair gel.
3. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
4. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) East or West Germany.
(b) France or Canada.
(c) The USA or America.
(d) England or Britain.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
(a) Victory square, near the monument.
(b) In the train station, during rush hour.
(c) In Airstrip One, in a house.
(d) At the community center, after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Oceania at war?
2. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
4. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
5. How many kilometers can someone travel in Oceania before their passport is checked?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)