|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Resistance.
(b) The Partisans.
(c) The Clash.
(d) The Brotherhood.
2. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(b) To discredit a Party member.
(c) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
(d) To revitalize the war effort.
3. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Morning Stretches.
(b) Aerobics with Goldstein.
(c) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(d) The Physical Jerks.
4. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) A paperweight.
(b) A desk lamp.
(c) An ink blotter.
(d) A fountain pen.
5. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) Ten cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. With whom is Oceania at war?
3. How does Julia describe herself?
4. What do Parsons' children to do the old market-woman?
5. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)