|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
(a) A catapult.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A rock.
(d) A pellet gun.
2. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) Varicose veins.
(c) A varicose ulcer.
(d) Swollen lymph nodes.
3. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Physical Jerks.
(b) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(c) The Morning Stretches.
(d) Aerobics with Goldstein.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
(a) What's ours is yours.
(b) Our only way forward.
(c) Our new, happy life.
(d) Our modern world in all its glory.
5. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Poetry and prose.
(b) Print and punctuation.
(c) Rhymes and meters.
(d) Brightly colored balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the proles call rocketbombs?
2. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
3. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
4. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
5. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)