|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) Winston Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 W.S.
(c) 6079 Smith W.
(d) W. Smith 6079.
2. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Love Hour.
(b) Hate Week.
(c) Apathy Month.
(d) Atrocity Day.
3. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(b) The human soundtrack.
(c) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(d) She who must be obeyed.
4. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Four smiling fairies.
(b) Seven wooden books.
(c) Three metal balls.
(d) Two ivory birds.
5. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And should never be attempted.
(b) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(c) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(d) And would always be that way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
2. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
3. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
4. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
5. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)