|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Four smiling fairies.
(b) Two ivory birds.
(c) Three metal balls.
(d) Seven wooden books.
2. What does the note left by the individual whom Winston sees in the hall say?
(a) They are watching you.
(b) Milk, eggs, bread, cheese.
(c) I hate Big Brother.
(d) I love you.
3. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(b) Advocate complete celibacy.
(c) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(d) Write pamplets on sex education.
4. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
(a) The Ministry of Plenty.
(b) The Ministry of Peace.
(c) The Ministry of Love.
(d) The Ministry of Fear.
5. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A movie.
(b) A play.
(c) A picture.
(d) A hanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
3. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
4. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
5. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)