|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
(b) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(c) Oceania Rules.
(d) Oceania, The Free.
2. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
3. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
4. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Look after her children.
(b) Fix her sink.
(c) Give a message to her husband.
(d) Take her children to town.
5. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
(a) The Ministry of Plenty.
(b) The Ministry of Peace.
(c) The Ministry of Fear.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
2. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
3. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
4. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
5. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)