|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hats do capitalists supposedly wear?
(a) Baseball caps.
(c) Top hats.
2. What is the official language of Oceania?
3. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A movie.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A picture.
(d) A play.
4. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The eye of Big Brother.
(b) The telescreen.
(c) The televisionary.
(d) The viewscreen.
5. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(b) DOWN WITH RACISM.
(c) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
(d) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
2. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
3. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
4. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)