|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) An ink blotter.
(b) A paperweight.
(c) A desk lamp.
(d) A fountain pen.
2. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
3. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Look after her children.
(b) Take her children to town.
(c) Give a message to her husband.
(d) Fix her sink.
4. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A picture.
(b) A play.
(c) A hanging.
(d) A movie.
5. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Journal.
(d) The Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
2. Who/what is Tillotson?
3. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
4. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
5. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)