|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Love Hour.
(b) Hate Week.
(c) Apathy Month.
(d) Atrocity Day.
2. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
(b) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(c) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(d) DOWN WITH RACISM.
3. What do the proles call rocketbombs?
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North America.
(b) South India.
(c) East Asia.
(d) North Africa.
5. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Second.
(b) The Tenth.
(c) The Thirteenth.
(d) The Eleventh.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
2. How does Julia describe herself?
3. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
5. What is used only by the proles?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)