|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
(a) What's ours is yours.
(b) Our only way forward.
(c) Our new, happy life.
(d) Our modern world in all its glory.
2. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Four thousand.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) One hundred.
3. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
(a) Hair gel.
(b) Razor blades.
4. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
5. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
(a) The Ministry of Love.
(b) The Ministry of Peace.
(c) The Ministry of Fear.
(d) The Ministry of Plenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
2. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
3. What is the official language of Oceania?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
5. What is the resistance to the Party called?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)