|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He does yoga.
(b) He touches his toes.
(c) He clean his ears.
(d) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(b) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(c) Write pamplets on sex education.
(d) Advocate complete celibacy.
3. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(b) To discredit a Party member.
(c) To revitalize the war effort.
(d) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And would always be that way.
(b) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(c) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(d) And should never be attempted.
5. What was Rutherford's previous job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
2. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
3. What keeps falling on London?
4. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
5. What is used only by the proles?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)