|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
2. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socrates.
(b) English Soccer.
(c) English Socialism.
(d) English Society.
3. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His mother and sister.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) His brother and sister.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
(a) In the train station, during rush hour.
(b) Victory square, near the monument.
(c) In Airstrip One, in a house.
(d) At the community center, after dark.
5. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
(a) The Order of Oceania.
(b) The Keys to the City.
(c) The Silver Cross.
(d) The Order of Conspicuous Merit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
2. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
3. The Enemy of the People is...
4. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
5. Where does Winston work?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)