|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Write pamplets on sex education.
(b) Advocate complete celibacy.
(c) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(d) Perform arbitrary castrations.
2. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
3. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(b) Varicose veins.
(c) A varicose ulcer.
(d) Swollen lymph nodes.
4. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) Ten cents.
5. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Two ivory birds.
(b) Seven wooden books.
(c) Three metal balls.
(d) Four smiling fairies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
3. What is used only by the proles?
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
5. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)