|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
2. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Rhymes and meters.
(b) Print and punctuation.
(c) Brightly colored balls.
(d) Poetry and prose.
3. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Soccer.
(b) English Society.
(c) English Socrates.
(d) English Socialism.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
(a) Victory square, near the monument.
(b) In the train station, during rush hour.
(c) In Airstrip One, in a house.
(d) At the community center, after dark.
5. Where does Winston work?
(a) The Ministry of Truth.
(b) The Ministry of Fear.
(c) The Ministry of Justice.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
2. With whom is Oceania at war?
3. What is used only by the proles?
4. What keeps falling on London?
5. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)