|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(b) DOWN WITH RACISM.
(c) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(d) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
2. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Sing the national anthem.
(b) Fight with each other.
(c) Sit in quiet hatred.
(d) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
3. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
4. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Five thousand.
5. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
(a) He will become Big Brother.
(b) He will die from drinking too much gin.
(c) He will flee Oceania.
(d) He will be vaporized.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
2. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
3. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
5. What is the resistance to the Party called?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)