|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(b) To discredit a Party member.
(c) To revitalize the war effort.
(d) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
2. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Society.
(b) English Socrates.
(c) English Soccer.
(d) English Socialism.
3. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And should never be attempted.
(b) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(c) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(d) And would always be that way.
4. What do the proles call rocketbombs?
5. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
2. What is the official language of Oceania?
3. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
4. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
5. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)