|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
2. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(a) A man.
3. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) The Hate Week planning committee.
(b) With his accountant.
(c) The Community Center.
(d) The Ministry of Truth.
4. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
5. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
(a) Smith, Appleby, and Douglas.
(b) McDonald, Martin, and King.
(c) Ford, Dent, and McMillan.
(d) Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoils Winston's plans to sit with the dark-haired girl in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
4. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
5. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)