|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Enemy of the People is...
(a) Emmanuel Silverstein.
(b) Emmanuel Goldstein.
(c) Emmanuel Golden.
(d) Emmanuel Goldfinch.
2. What was Rutherford's previous job?
3. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) W. Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 W.S.
(c) Winston Smith 6079.
(d) 6079 Smith W.
4. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To discredit a Party member.
(b) To revitalize the war effort.
(c) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(d) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
5. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
(b) DOWN WITH RACISM.
(c) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(d) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
3. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)