|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Oceania at war?
2. What does the note left by the individual whom Winston sees in the hall say?
(a) I love you.
(b) They are watching you.
(c) I hate Big Brother.
(d) Milk, eggs, bread, cheese.
3. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And would always be that way.
(b) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(c) And should never be attempted.
(d) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
5. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
(a) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(b) They heard him swearing at Big Brother.
(c) He was from Eurasia.
(d) He was wearing strange shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
3. What fell on Colchester?
4. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
5. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)