|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
2. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socrates.
(b) English Society.
(c) English Socialism.
(d) English Soccer.
3. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Morning Stretches.
(b) The Physical Jerks.
(c) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(d) Aerobics with Goldstein.
4. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Forgetful hole.
(b) Memory hole.
(c) Throwaway hole.
(d) Remembering hole.
5. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
(a) They heard him swearing at Big Brother.
(b) He was wearing strange shoes.
(c) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(d) He was from Eurasia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
3. With whom is Oceania at war?
4. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
5. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)