|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute not have?
(a) Proper ID.
(d) Change for a ten.
2. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) Winston Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 Smith W.
(c) 6079 W.S.
(d) W. Smith 6079.
3. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He starts a diary.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
4. What is the official language of Oceania?
5. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
(a) The Order of Conspicuous Merit.
(b) The Keys to the City.
(c) The Silver Cross.
(d) The Order of Oceania.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
2. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
4. What does Winston think will happen to Syme?
5. What is used only by the proles?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)