|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official language of Oceania?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
(a) In Airstrip One, in a house.
(b) At the community center, after dark.
(c) In the train station, during rush hour.
(d) Victory square, near the monument.
3. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
4. According to Part 1, Chapter 7, where does hope lie?
(a) With the Brotherhood.
(b) Nowhere to be found.
(c) In Winston alone.
(d) In the proles.
5. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Hold Winston's hand.
(b) Give Winston a book.
(c) Kiss Winston.
(d) Turn Winston over to the Thought Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
2. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
3. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
4. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
5. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)