|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He touches his toes.
(b) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(c) He clean his ears.
(d) He does yoga.
2. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Sit in quiet hatred.
(c) Sing the national anthem.
(d) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
3. The Enemy of the People is...
(a) Emmanuel Golden.
(b) Emmanuel Silverstein.
(c) Emmanuel Goldfinch.
(d) Emmanuel Goldstein.
4. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Maitland.
(b) Comrade Ogilvy.
(c) Comrade Woodroffe.
(d) Comrade Bronson.
5. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
(a) Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford.
(b) Smith, Appleby, and Douglas.
(c) Ford, Dent, and McMillan.
(d) McDonald, Martin, and King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
2. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
3. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
5. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)