|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used only by the proles?
(d) Hand tools.
2. The Enemy of the People is...
(a) Emmanuel Goldstein.
(b) Emmanuel Silverstein.
(c) Emmanuel Golden.
(d) Emmanuel Goldfinch.
3. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
4. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
(a) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(b) He was from Eurasia.
(c) He was wearing strange shoes.
(d) They heard him swearing at Big Brother.
5. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(d) Brother or sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
2. What does Ingsoc mean?
3. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
4. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
5. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)