|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Enemy of the People is...
(a) Emmanuel Golden.
(b) Emmanuel Silverstein.
(c) Emmanuel Goldfinch.
(d) Emmanuel Goldstein.
2. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(b) Pay me three farthings.
(c) Bluebirds in fountains.
(d) Oranges and lemons.
3. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
(a) Smith, Appleby, and Douglas.
(b) Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford.
(c) McDonald, Martin, and King.
(d) Ford, Dent, and McMillan.
4. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
(a) The Keys to the City.
(b) The Order of Conspicuous Merit.
(c) The Order of Oceania.
(d) The Silver Cross.
5. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Brotherhood.
(b) The Clash.
(c) The Resistance.
(d) The Partisans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ingsoc mean?
2. For whom is Winston writing his diary?
3. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
5. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)