|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Write pamplets on sex education.
(b) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(c) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(d) Advocate complete celibacy.
3. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) Twenty-five cents.
4. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
(b) Kill her.
(c) Pay her to not tell anyone he was there.
(d) Have sex with her.
5. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Maitland.
(b) Comrade Woodroffe.
(c) Comrade Bronson.
(d) Comrade Ogilvy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
2. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
3. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
4. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
5. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)