|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
2. What keeps falling on London?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(c) Acid rain.
3. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(b) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(c) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(d) To get lunch for his boss.
4. What is the official language of Oceania?
5. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
2. What is used only by the proles?
3. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
4. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
5. What fell on Colchester?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)