|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) The unspeakable.
(b) Our shared responsibility.
(c) Our duty to the party.
2. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
3. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(b) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(c) And would always be that way.
(d) And should never be attempted.
5. What is the official language of Oceania?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Parsons' children to do the old market-woman?
2. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
3. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
4. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
5. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)