|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) His wife and son.
(c) His brother and sister.
(d) His mother and father.
2. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Throwaway hole.
(b) Forgetful hole.
(c) Remembering hole.
(d) Memory hole.
3. What is the name of Winston's wife?
4. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
(a) The FFCC.
(b) The FDA.
(c) The INGSOC.
(d) The OCCB.
5. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
2. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
3. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
4. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What keeps falling on London?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)