|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Journal.
(b) The Post.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Sun.
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(b) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(c) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
(d) Thoughtcrime IS death.
3. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A picture.
(b) A play.
(c) A movie.
(d) A hanging.
4. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(b) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(c) Advocate complete celibacy.
(d) Write pamplets on sex education.
5. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
2. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
3. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
4. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)