|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Five thousand.
2. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Sit in quiet hatred.
(b) Fight with each other.
(c) Sing the national anthem.
(d) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
3. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
(a) The OCCB.
(b) The INGSOC.
(c) The FFCC.
(d) The FDA.
4. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(b) He touches his toes.
(c) He does yoga.
(d) He clean his ears.
5. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
2. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
3. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
4. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
5. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)