|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
2. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania Rules.
(b) Oceania, The Free.
(c) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(d) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
3. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
4. With whom is Oceania at war?
5. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
(b) Sit in quiet hatred.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Sing the national anthem.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
2. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
3. What is used only by the proles?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
5. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)