|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH RACISM.
(b) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(c) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(d) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(b) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(c) Advocate complete celibacy.
(d) Write pamplets on sex education.
3. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) His wife and son.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His brother and sister.
4. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
5. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socialism.
(b) English Soccer.
(c) English Society.
(d) English Socrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victory Gin smell?
2. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
3. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
4. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)