|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To turn back time.
(b) To vomit profusely.
(c) To shout filthy words.
(d) To choke down some food.
2. With whom is Oceania at war?
3. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Tenth.
(b) The Eleventh.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Thirteenth.
4. What is the official language of Oceania?
5. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The viewscreen.
(b) The televisionary.
(c) The telescreen.
(d) The eye of Big Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
2. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
4. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
5. Who/what is Tillotson?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)