|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
2. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
(a) The Order of Oceania.
(b) The Keys to the City.
(c) The Order of Conspicuous Merit.
(d) The Silver Cross.
3. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(b) Going for a walk.
(d) Writing in his diary.
4. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
(a) Have sex with her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Pay her to not tell anyone he was there.
5. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(b) Stewed beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fell on Colchester?
2. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
3. What does Ingsoc mean?
4. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
5. What is used only by the proles?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)