|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
2. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(b) Our shared responsibility.
(c) Our duty to the party.
(d) The unspeakable.
3. How does Victory Gin smell?
(a) Sickly and oily.
(b) Harsh, like nitric acid.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Gross and disgusting.
4. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He attempts suicide.
(c) He starts a diary.
(d) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
3. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
4. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
5. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)