|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To get lunch for his boss.
(b) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(c) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(d) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
2. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
3. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) 6079 Smith W.
(b) 6079 W.S.
(c) W. Smith 6079.
(d) Winston Smith 6079.
4. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Thirteenth.
(b) The Eleventh.
(c) The Tenth.
(d) The Second.
5. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
2. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
3. What is the name of Winston's wife?
4. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What is the resistance to the Party called?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)