|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
2. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
3. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Forgetful hole.
(b) Remembering hole.
(c) Memory hole.
(d) Throwaway hole.
4. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(a) A man.
5. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socrates.
(b) English Society.
(c) English Socialism.
(d) English Soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
2. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
4. What is the official language of Oceania?
5. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)