|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Oceania at war?
2. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Poetry and prose.
(b) Brightly colored balls.
(c) Print and punctuation.
(d) Rhymes and meters.
3. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
(a) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(b) He was from Eurasia.
(c) He was wearing strange shoes.
(d) They heard him swearing at Big Brother.
4. What is Winston's apartment called?
(a) Victory Mansions.
(b) Grenadier Apartments.
(c) Oceania View.
(d) London House.
5. Having an improper expression is called a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
3. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
4. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)