|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Journal.
(c) The Post.
(d) The Times.
2. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Take her children to town.
(b) Give a message to her husband.
(c) Fix her sink.
(d) Look after her children.
3. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(b) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
(c) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(d) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
4. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Going for a walk.
(c) Writing in his diary.
5. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Enemy of the People is...
2. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
3. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
4. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
5. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)