|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winston work?
(a) The Ministry of Truth.
(b) The Ministry of Love.
(c) The Ministry of Fear.
(d) The Ministry of Justice.
2. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) France or Canada.
(b) East or West Germany.
(c) The USA or America.
(d) England or Britain.
3. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
(c) BIG BROTHER.
4. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
5. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Clash.
(b) The Brotherhood.
(c) The Partisans.
(d) The Resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Oceania at war?
2. What does the prostitute not have?
3. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
4. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)