|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victory Gin smell?
(a) Sickly and oily.
(b) Gross and disgusting.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Harsh, like nitric acid.
2. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(b) Brother or sister.
3. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
(b) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(c) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(d) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
4. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The telescreen.
(b) The viewscreen.
(c) The televisionary.
(d) The eye of Big Brother.
5. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Look after her children.
(b) Give a message to her husband.
(c) Take her children to town.
(d) Fix her sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
2. What does the prostitute not have?
3. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
4. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
5. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)