|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And would always be that way.
(b) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(c) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(d) And should never be attempted.
2. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) The USA or America.
(b) England or Britain.
(c) France or Canada.
(d) East or West Germany.
3. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Second.
(b) The Thirteenth.
(c) The Eleventh.
(d) The Tenth.
4. What is Parsons collecting money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Love Hour.
(b) Hate Week.
(c) Atrocity Day.
(d) Apathy Month.
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) Aerobics with Goldstein.
(b) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(c) The Morning Stretches.
(d) The Physical Jerks.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Oceania at war?
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. Why did Parsons' daughter report a man to the police?
4. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
5. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)