|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Five thousand.
2. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
3. With whom is Oceania at war?
4. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) Swollen lymph nodes.
(b) Varicose veins.
(c) A varicose ulcer.
5. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(b) He starts a diary.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what is one of the latest, favorite phrases of the Ministry of Plenty?
2. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
3. How does Victory Gin smell?
4. What is the name of Winston's "friend" who works at the Research Department?
5. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)