|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) 6079 W.S.
(b) W. Smith 6079.
(c) 6079 Smith W.
(d) Winston Smith 6079.
2. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
(a) BIG BROTHER.
3. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) The USA or America.
(b) France or Canada.
(c) East or West Germany.
(d) England or Britain.
4. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
(a) The Ministry of Plenty.
(b) The Ministry of Love.
(c) The Ministry of Peace.
(d) The Ministry of Fear.
5. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
2. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
3. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
4. "The Revolution will be complete when the ______ is perfect."
5. In Newspeak, what word will eventually replace "bad"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)