|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(b) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(c) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(d) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
3. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) Winston Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 Smith W.
(c) 6079 W.S.
(d) W. Smith 6079.
4. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Fix her sink.
(b) Look after her children.
(c) Take her children to town.
(d) Give a message to her husband.
5. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The eye of Big Brother.
(b) The telescreen.
(c) The viewscreen.
(d) The televisionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
2. With whom is Oceania at war?
3. Who/what is Tillotson?
4. What fell on Colchester?
5. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)