|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
(b) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(c) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(d) DOWN WITH RACISM.
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
(b) Oceania Rules.
(c) Oceania, The Free.
(d) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
4. What is Winston's apartment called?
(a) Victory Mansions.
(b) London House.
(c) Grenadier Apartments.
(d) Oceania View.
5. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A hanging.
(b) A movie.
(c) A play.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
2. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
3. What keeps falling on London?
4. What fell on Colchester?
5. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)