|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He does yoga.
(b) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(c) He clean his ears.
(d) He touches his toes.
2. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Journal.
(b) The Post.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Sun.
3. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
(a) The FDA.
(b) The FFCC.
(c) The OCCB.
(d) The INGSOC.
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(a) Stewed beef.
5. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
(b) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(c) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(d) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
2. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
3. What is the resistance to the Party called?
4. What keeps falling on London?
5. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)