|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
(a) The Order of Oceania.
(b) The Order of Conspicuous Merit.
(c) The Silver Cross.
(d) The Keys to the City.
2. What keeps falling on London?
(b) Acid rain.
(c) Dogs and cats.
3. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socrates.
(b) English Socialism.
(c) English Soccer.
(d) English Society.
4. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, The Free.
(b) Oceania Rules.
(c) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(d) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
5. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
2. How does Victory Gin smell?
3. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
4. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
5. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)