|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(b) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
(c) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
(d) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
2. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Journal.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Post.
3. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Take her children to town.
(b) Give a message to her husband.
(c) Look after her children.
(d) Fix her sink.
4. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
(d) BIG BROTHER.
5. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He attempts suicide.
(b) He starts a diary.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
2. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
3. With whom is Oceania at war?
4. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
5. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)