|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Brotherhood.
(b) The Partisans.
(c) The Clash.
(d) The Resistance.
2. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) Swollen lymph nodes.
(c) A varicose ulcer.
(d) Varicose veins.
3. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(b) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
(c) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(d) DOWN WITH RACISM.
4. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
(c) Sing the national anthem.
(d) Sit in quiet hatred.
5. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socrates.
(b) English Soccer.
(c) English Socialism.
(d) English Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the official language of Oceania?
2. What keeps falling on London?
3. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
4. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
5. Where does Winston work?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)