|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps falling on London?
(a) Acid rain.
(c) Dogs and cats.
2. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
(b) DOWN WITH RACISM.
(c) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(d) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
3. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A play.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A picture.
(d) A movie.
4. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His brother and sister.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) His mother and sister.
5. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) The USA or America.
(b) France or Canada.
(c) England or Britain.
(d) East or West Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
4. How does Victory Gin smell?
5. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)