|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Sit in quiet hatred.
(c) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
(d) Sing the national anthem.
2. Where does Winston work?
(a) The Ministry of Justice.
(b) The Ministry of Fear.
(c) The Ministry of Love.
(d) The Ministry of Truth.
3. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) A varicose ulcer.
(c) Swollen lymph nodes.
(d) Varicose veins.
4. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A hanging.
(b) A movie.
(c) A play.
(d) A picture.
5. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(a) Brother or sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
2. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
3. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
4. With whom is Oceania at war?
5. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)