|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official language of Oceania?
2. What fell on Colchester?
(a) A UFO.
(b) A meteorite.
(c) A rocketbomb.
(d) An atomic bomb.
3. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To get lunch for his boss.
(b) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(c) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(d) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
4. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
(a) The FFCC.
(b) The FDA.
(c) The INGSOC.
(d) The OCCB.
5. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He attempts suicide.
(b) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He starts a diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
2. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
3. The Enemy of the People is...
4. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)