|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
(b) Oceania Rules.
(c) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(d) Oceania, The Free.
2. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Bronson.
(b) Comrade Ogilvy.
(c) Comrade Woodroffe.
(d) Comrade Maitland.
3. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Poetry and prose.
(b) Print and punctuation.
(c) Brightly colored balls.
(d) Rhymes and meters.
4. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
5. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) The USA or America.
(b) France or Canada.
(c) England or Britain.
(d) East or West Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
2. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
3. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
4. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)