|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(b) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(c) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
(d) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
2. Where does Winston work?
(a) The Ministry of Justice.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Ministry of Fear.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
3. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North Africa.
(b) South India.
(c) North America.
(d) East Asia.
4. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Forgetful hole.
(b) Remembering hole.
(c) Throwaway hole.
(d) Memory hole.
5. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(b) Stewed beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
2. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
4. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
5. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)