|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
2. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(b) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
(c) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(d) DOWN WITH RACISM.
3. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Print and punctuation.
(b) Brightly colored balls.
(c) Poetry and prose.
(d) Rhymes and meters.
5. How does Victory Gin smell?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Sickly and oily.
(c) Harsh, like nitric acid.
(d) Gross and disgusting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fell on Colchester?
2. Who/what is Tillotson?
3. Where does Winston work?
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
5. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)