|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He attempts suicide.
(b) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(c) He starts a diary.
(d) He gets drunk.
2. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A play.
(b) A movie.
(c) A picture.
(d) A hanging.
3. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Woodroffe.
(b) Comrade Bronson.
(c) Comrade Ogilvy.
(d) Comrade Maitland.
4. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North Africa.
(b) East Asia.
(c) North America.
(d) South India.
5. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
2. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
4. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
5. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)