|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the television-like appliance constantly watching Oceania's citizens?
(a) The viewscreen.
(b) The eye of Big Brother.
(c) The telescreen.
(d) The televisionary.
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Look after her children.
(b) Fix her sink.
(c) Take her children to town.
(d) Give a message to her husband.
4. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
5. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Maitland.
(b) Comrade Bronson.
(c) Comrade Ogilvy.
(d) Comrade Woodroffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most frightening ministry of Oceania's government?
2. What fell on Colchester?
3. How does Victory Gin smell?
4. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
5. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)