|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Remembering hole.
(b) Throwaway hole.
(c) Memory hole.
(d) Forgetful hole.
2. By writing in his diary, Winston has committed a crime. What is the name of this crime?
3. What keeps falling on London?
(b) Dogs and cats.
(d) Acid rain.
4. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) 6079 Smith W.
(b) 6079 W.S.
(c) W. Smith 6079.
(d) Winston Smith 6079.
5. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He attempts suicide.
(c) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(d) He starts a diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ingsoc mean?
2. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
3. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
4. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
5. Where does Winston work?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)