|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Thought Police secretly arrest and execute someone, most people would say that person has been _______.
2. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(a) Brother or sister.
3. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
(a) The INGSOC.
(b) The FFCC.
(c) The OCCB.
(d) The FDA.
4. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
5. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
(b) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
(c) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(d) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What fell on Colchester?
3. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. How does Victory Gin smell?
5. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)