|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(b) Oceania Rules.
(c) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
(d) Oceania, The Free.
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(c) Stewed beef.
5. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Print and punctuation.
(b) Brightly colored balls.
(c) Poetry and prose.
(d) Rhymes and meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. Who/what is Tillotson?
4. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)