|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He clean his ears.
(b) He does yoga.
(c) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(d) He touches his toes.
2. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) The USA or America.
(b) East or West Germany.
(c) France or Canada.
(d) England or Britain.
3. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Poetry and prose.
(b) Brightly colored balls.
(c) Rhymes and meters.
(d) Print and punctuation.
4. The Enemy of the People is...
(a) Emmanuel Goldfinch.
(b) Emmanuel Golden.
(c) Emmanuel Silverstein.
(d) Emmanuel Goldstein.
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Morning Stretches.
(b) The Physical Jerks.
(c) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(d) Aerobics with Goldstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
2. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
3. What is the resistance to the Party called?
4. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
5. Where does Winston work?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)