|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(b) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(c) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(d) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
2. What is the name of the song on the telescreen?
(a) Oceania, The Free.
(b) Oceania, Leave Me Be.
(c) Oceania, 'Tis For Thee.
(d) Oceania Rules.
3. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(b) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(c) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(d) To get lunch for his boss.
4. With whom is Oceania at war?
5. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His brother and sister.
(c) His mother and sister.
(d) His wife and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
2. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What is the resistance to the Party called?
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)