Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winston feel towards Big Brother?
(a) He is mystified by him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He feels that he has become him.
2. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Socrates.
(b) English Soccer.
(c) English Society.
(d) English Socialism.
3. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(a) Stewed beef.
4. What is the last thing the dark-haired girl does before departing from Winston in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Kiss Winston.
(b) Hold Winston's hand.
(c) Turn Winston over to the Thought Police.
(d) Give Winston a book.
5. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
(a) A revolution will start.
(b) It will rain.
(c) O'Brien will continue working.
(d) The Thought Police will arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
2. Where does Winston think he is in Part 3, Chapter 5?
3. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
4. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
5. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)