|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the area where Inner Party members live smell like?
(a) Good food and good coffee.
(b) Good food and good friends.
(c) Good food and good tobacco.
(d) Good food and good wine.
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(b) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(c) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(d) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
3. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
(a) DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER.
(b) DOWN WITH THOUGHTCRIME.
(c) DOWN WITH RACISM.
(d) DOWN WITH THE PARTY.
4. What does the prostitute not have?
(b) Proper ID.
(d) Change for a ten.
5. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As a thought criminal.
(b) As not clever.
(c) As very attractive.
(d) As much too young for Winston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
2. What special privilege do Inner Party members have?
3. What type of flower does Winston collect before meeting the dark-haired girl?
4. With whom is Oceania at war?
5. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)