|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
(a) Sign language.
(b) Talking by installments.
(c) Broken telephone.
2. Where does Winston work?
(a) The Ministry of Justice.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Ministry of Fear.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
3. What is the resistance to the Party called?
(a) The Partisans.
(b) The Clash.
(c) The Resistance.
(d) The Brotherhood.
4. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Eleventh.
(b) The Thirteenth.
(c) The Tenth.
(d) The Second.
5. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
(a) Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford.
(b) Smith, Appleby, and Douglas.
(c) Ford, Dent, and McMillan.
(d) McDonald, Martin, and King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. How does Julia describe herself?
3. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
4. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What do Parsons' children to do the old market-woman?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)