Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winston have to falsify production reports?
(a) To make Oceania seem more prosperous.
(b) To give Big Brother credit for someone else's work.
(c) To discredit a Party member.
(d) To revitalize the war effort.
2. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A picture.
(b) A movie.
(c) A play.
(d) A hanging.
3. During the Two Minutes Hate, what does everyone in the room do?
(a) Sing the national anthem.
(b) Sit in quiet hatred.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Scream, yell, and throw objects at the telescreen.
4. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Maitland.
(b) Comrade Bronson.
(c) Comrade Ogilvy.
(d) Comrade Woodroffe.
5. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, where do Winston and the dark-haired girl agree to meet?
3. What is the name of Winston's wife?
4. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
5. What is there a shortage of in Oceania?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)